Athletics - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #61
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Athletics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I mean come on she is not like the great man of Swedish athletics the one the only Patrik Sjöberg, there was a charisma machine.
Sorry, I don't know him...
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #62
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Sorry, I don't know him...
When did you start following athletics?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #63
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When did you start following athletics?
I really started looking quite regularly from Barcelona 92 on...but I was only interested, at first, in sprint and races up to 400m...I'm like good wine, getting better with age!

Bad news for Carolina, but good one for Eunice!
From eurosport.com: Carolina Kluft kicked off her world title defence in the heptathlon finishing second to France's Eunice Barber in the 100 metres hurdles as the World Championships kick off from Helsinki.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #64
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
I really started looking quite regularly from Barcelona 92 on...but I was only interested, at first, in sprint and races up to 400m...I'm like good wine, getting better with age!
Do you know Javier Sotomayor then?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 09:05 AM   #65
bad gambler

Barber v Kluft is going to be a classic!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:07 AM   #66
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Barber v Kluft is going to be a classic!
It took a slight ankle problem for it to be close.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #67
bad gambler

Quote:
It took a slight ankle problem for it to be close.
don't tell me the excuses have started already?

but yeah it's a shame she is not fully fit, hope she can last it out
Old 08-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #68
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
don't tell me the excuses have started already?

but yeah it's a shame she is not fully fit, hope she can last it out
No excuses just stating the obvious. I don't make excuses my friend.

I wonder if these clowns are actually going to jump something decent this time around it's a disgrace when 2,34 is good enough for a medal.

The womens well at least Kajsa Bergvist is good to look at and she can jump as well.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #69
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

The best guy in the Smith group was Ato Boldon, one of the 3 best sprinters ever! Very likable athlete. I wonder why nobody talks about him here.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #70
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
The best guy in the Smith group was Ato Boldon, one of the 3 best sprinters ever! Very likable athlete. I wonder why nobody talks about him here.
If he was that good of a guy he wouldn't have deal with the Smith group.
John Smith what a guy, told Felix Sanchez he wasn't good enough, what a wanker.

Boldon = choker.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #71
bad gambler

Boldon talked the talk but never really delivered on the big stage. He is always going to be considered as greene's bitch
Old 08-06-2005, 09:41 AM   #72
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Do you know Javier Sotomayor then?
Yes I know him.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:44 AM   #73
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG
I had a crush on that guy! 1st time I've seen him run, he was 18 I guess. He was so natural and spontaneous when interviewed. The pb is that he stayed too long in the HSI team...it has destroyed everything he could have of natural in him, in all meanings of the word. But I still like him, though I'm pretty disappointed by the way his career is ending.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #74
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Boldon had 28 sub-ten 100m races and 9 sub-20 200m in 6 years, that's top 3 of all time. That he has only one gold medal doesn't mean too much. It was just his bad luck that Greene was there.

Boldon says on his website that the horrible car crash in Trinidad was his end in 2001. He never ran under 10 sec. again after that.

I just saw that Ato posts one story of the past each month on his website. A great service for his fans, he always had the best website compared to the others.

Last edited by JMG : 08-06-2005 at 10:00 AM.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #75
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just can't stand the majority of sprinters. The only ones I could even consider as good guys are Frankie Fredericks and Kim Collins.

Donovan Bailey was great when he beat the Yanks in the US, but he wasn't a good guy.
Fredericks is the James Brown of sprinting. While Ato Boldon was more of a Bob Marley.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote