Athletics - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 AM   #46
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Athletics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
That's an insult to Gatlin, he is nowhere near as bad as those 2 arse clowns Greene and Drummond.
That's no insult. That's the way I see him. OK, he wasn't that way when he started to compete. But his head has swollen with the good results coming to him, and he takes the way to Greene. Drummond, yes, he is arrogant for sure, but he sings wonderful gospel! So he gets at least my admiration for that!
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2005, 07:37 AM   #47
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
That's no insult. That's the way I see him. OK, he wasn't that way when he started to compete. But his head has swollen with the good results coming to him, and he takes the way to Greene. Drummond, yes, he is arrogant for sure, but he sings wonderful gospel! So he gets at least my admiration for that!
I mean there is only one thing worse that comparing Gatlin to Greene and Drummond, that would be saying he is as bad Carl Lewis, then again Linford was an arrogant prick as well, but a different kind of arrogant.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #48
bad gambler

Quote:
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing the sprints, both men and women, I don't like Gatlin. Reminds me too much of Greene and as I disliked Maurice... I'm sorry about Powell's pulling out. I'd like to see Kim Collins get some good time. And I'm eager to see what our little Frenchie will do...
Doucoure (sp?) has performed really strongly this season, though I think the Chinese hurdler might rise to the ocassion like he did in Athens
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:42 AM   #49
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Go the 50k Walk that's a great event.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #50
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Doucoure (sp?) has performed really strongly this season, though I think the Chinese hurdler might rise to the ocassion like he did in Athens
Yes Ladji has had very good results so far. And I have the conviction that it's not over. Yet, the Chinese hurdler, as you named him, is the fave...We'll see.
I'm also curious to see how Pognon will do in the 100m...
Old 08-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

For those too lazy to find out, here is the program for today.

http://www.iaaf.org/WCH05/results/ra...05/byDate.html

The women's steeplechase at least there will be a championship record today.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #52
country flag Choupi

Quote:
I mean there is only one thing worse that comparing Gatlin to Greene and Drummond, that would be saying he is as bad Carl Lewis, then again Linford was an arrogant prick as well, but a different kind of arrogant.
Christie had that kind of arrogance that I like. To come back on Drummond, when I saw the short report in which I've heard him sing Gospel, I've told myself, that guy had 2 things I was able to admire, his eyes and his voice!
And you can be sure that, each time he's interviewed by our national N. Monfort, he doesn't miss the opportunity to remind him of his great ability for Gospel!
Old 08-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #53
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Drummond can sing very well for sure. Then there was the fool Bernard Williams, but he does comedy, his running is more comedic these days.

Aphex's favourite is on today Klüft, he really likes her.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 07:57 AM   #54
bad gambler

Quote:
Drummond can sing very well for sure. Then there was the fool Bernard Williams, but he does comedy, his running is more comedic these days.

You only had to see the 4x100m US team after they won gold in Sydney, the way they carried on inside the stadium was pathetic

And then in the World Champs the next year where Drummond delayed the start fo the race after being DQ'd by lying flat on his back in his lane refusing to accept the judges verdict
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:02 AM   #55
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
You only had to see the 4x100m US team after they won gold in Sydney, the way they carried on inside the stadium was pathetic

And then in the World Champs the next year where Drummond delayed the start fo the race after being DQ'd by lying flat on his back in his lane refusing to accept the judges verdict
Yes, that was horrible stuff what they went on with and I remember the long jumper Dwight Phillips making remarks along the lines of hey if I acted like that I might get more sponsorship.

When the Brits won last year it was great, especially as Michael Johnson was talking shit about them.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #56
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Aphex's favourite is on today Klüft, he really likes her.
I hope her ankle will be fine. Well, I can understand that he likes her. Honestly, I couldn't understand why she shouldn't be liked, especially by guys...She's pretty and really gifted. And absolutely not taking advantage of her talents...arrogance is a word that will never go with her.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #57
country flag Choupi

Quote:
He sure has actor's talents! Terrific!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #58
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I hope her ankle will be fine. Well, I can understand that he likes her. Honestly, I couldn't understand why she shouldn't be liked, especially by guys...She's pretty and really gifted. And absolutely not taking advantage of her talents...arrogance is a word that will never go with her.
He actually doesn't like her that much I was being facetious, too nice for him.

I don't mind her and the journalists lover her because she is always ready to talk to them.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #59
country flag Choupi

Quote:
He actually doesn't like her that much I was being facetious, too nice for him.
Too nice for him? Come on...

What I like in her is that she seems so easy at all she's doing! That's unbelievable! She makes heptathlon appear as if everybody could do what she's doing!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:30 AM   #60
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Too nice for him? Come on...

What I like in her is that she seems so easy at all she's doing! That's unbelievable! She makes heptathlon appear as if everybody could do what she's doing!
His words were goody too shoes I think. I will start posing more Norwegian stuff soon.

I mean come on she is not like the great man of Swedish athletics the one the only Patrik Sjöberg, there was a charisma machine.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1