Athletics - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #31
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Athletics

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
is that African Danish bloke still around?
The guy who murdered the Olympic Gold in 2000 Kipketer.

Atlanta 96 the 800m was great the 1st 4 guys under 1,43 that doesn't happen often.

Though mr Second Sepeng the South African got done for drugs recently.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2005, 12:53 PM   #32
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

I remember a race many years ago, 10000m i think, where one of the main contenders lost a shoe towards the end of the race... I can't remember whether he went on to win or not, or whereabouts it was...

anyone able to help?

its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #33
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help.

I was a big fan of Jonathan Edwards...that guy was too !

OK, just read about who's gonna, actually take part to the WC among our little Frenchies. And happy surprise! Marc Raquil, who had previously decided not to go, because not qualified in singles, has finally decided to make the 4x400m... And the chances of medals are thought to be up to 5. We'll see. Just hope that those names won't disappoint me...Christine Arron (100m),
Ladji Doucouré (100m), Eunice Barber(long jump), Manuela Montebrun (shot), Mehdi Baala (1500m), Ronald Pognon (400m), Leslie Djhone (400m), Naman Keita (400m hurdles).
Old 08-05-2005, 01:46 PM   #34
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Sorry I can't help.

I was a big fan of Jonathan Edwards...that guy was too !

OK, just read about who's gonna, actually take part to the WC among our little Frenchies. And happy surprise! Marc Raquil, who had previously decided not to go, because not qualified in singles, has finally decided to make the 4x400m... And the chances of medals are thought to be up to 5. We'll see. Just hope that those names won't disappoint me...Christine Arron (100m),
Ladji Doucouré (100m), Eunice Barber(long jump), Manuela Montebrun (shot), Mehdi Baala (1500m), Ronald Pognon (400m), Leslie Djhone (400m), Naman Keita (400m hurdles).
my favourite frenchie is Jean Galfione, I actually got to meet him once, I will write about the encounter when I have more time.

is he still competing? or retired?
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #35
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
my favourite frenchie is Jean Galfione, I actually got to meet him once, I will write about the encounter when I have more time.

is he still competing? or retired?
Officially, he's still competing...but the results haven't been there for such a long time! Sometimes, I tell myself that he should have retired. I've seen him a few weeks ago, during a meeting. He had great hopes to make it a come back...in vain. How frustrating to see him not even jumping the lowest height!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:52 PM   #36
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd2005
Our players never do well in athletics, our relay gold last year was somewhat out of the blue.
I like Asafa Powell, and Shaun Crawford in the sprints.
Marian Oprea, I like in the triple jump. We had the best ever in Edwards.
It is so nice to hear someone else likes him ....I know he is good but i have an impression that if sportsman are Romanian arent that known even if they are really good
Old 08-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #37
country flag Choupi

Another worrying news...from www.eurosport.com

Kluft hurts ankle training

World heptathlon champion Carolina Kluft will defend her title in Helsinki next week with her ankle strapped after suffering an injury in training. The 22-year-old Swede twisted her left ankle on Friday.

"It's not so serious," her father Jonny Kluft told Reuters. "Her ankle will be strapped up and we will have to see how it reacts tomorrow."

Swedish team spokesman Fredrik Trahn said Kluft did not need an x-ray and her ankle was being treated with ice and pressure.

"It's swollen but it won't affect her (in competition)," he said.

The two-day seven-event heptathlon competition gets underway on Saturday with the 100 metres hurdles, shot put, high jump and 200 metres.

Kluft, who is also the Olympic champion, told a news conference on Thursday she aimed to beat her personal best of 7,001 points set at the Paris world championships two years ago.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #38
bad gambler

lol what is with this talk about the distance events, lets talk about the real events, the sprints!!!

Anyone see past Justin "Smoking Gun" Gatlin in the 100m?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:00 AM   #39
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
lol what is with this talk about the distance events, lets talk about the real events, the sprints!!!

No tactics needed in the 100m, ego driven, steroid monkeys that's the average sprinter apart from about 3 of them.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 06:11 AM   #40
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I remember a race many years ago, 10000m i think, where one of the main contenders lost a shoe towards the end of the race... I can't remember whether he went on to win or not, or whereabouts it was...

anyone able to help?

Here is the incident you are talking about.

Haile Gebrselassie at the 1993 World Championships in Stuttgart: in the last lap, running on the heels of Moses Tanui, and Tanui just lose the race by a very small margin and I think he'd have won, but that's a great unknown.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 06:12 AM   #41
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Well of course but tripe jump is the highlight of the event
Just a chance for someone to win while Christian Olsson is out.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 07:12 AM   #42
country flag Choupi

Quote:

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing the sprints, both men and women, I don't like Gatlin. Reminds me too much of Greene and as I disliked Maurice... I'm sorry about Powell's pulling out. I'd like to see Kim Collins get some good time. And I'm eager to see what our little Frenchie will do...
Old 08-06-2005, 07:18 AM   #43
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing the sprints, both men and women, I don't like Gatlin. Reminds me too much of Greene and as I disliked Maurice... I'm sorry about Powell's pulling out. I'd like to see Kim Collins get some good time. And I'm eager to see what our little Frenchie will do...
That's an insult to Gatlin, he is nowhere near as bad as those 2 arse clowns Greene and Drummond.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #44
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
No tactics needed in the 100m, ego driven, steroid monkeys that's the average sprinter apart from about 3 of them.
so what is your point?

but after meeting a couple of the yank sprinters in Sydney Olympics, Jon Drummond and Maurice Greene, i saw with my own eyes their arrogance
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:32 AM   #45
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
so what is your point?

but after meeting a couple of the yank sprinters in Sydney Olympics, Jon Drummond and Maurice Greene, i saw with my own eyes their arrogance
I just can't stand the majority of sprinters. The only ones I could even consider as good guys are Frankie Fredericks and Kim Collins.

Donovan Bailey was great when he beat the Yanks in the US, but he wasn't a good guy.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1