Athletics - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #181
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Athletics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Eunice complaining about Klüft that is a big no-no.
Instead of complaining, for obviously no reason, she'd better focus on the long jump, to qualify first for the final, and then, try to win the right colour of medal this time!
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #182
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi
Instead of complaining, for obviously no reason, she'd better focus on the long jump, to qualify first for the final, and then, try to win the right colour of medal this time!
They only how to choke in the big ones. I mean look at Bala, he ran like a muppet my 17yo cousin could have almost beaten him on that effort in the semi.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #183
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If I knew that I would have asked you to record the Swedish commmentary for me.

They should get Sjöberg and Hoen in the box that would be fun.

Norwegian athletics is crap and maybe the Swedes can give them more money.
Swedish TV commentators suck mostly. Maybe there are some radio broadcasts on the web? They should be better.

Actually Sjöberg tried that gig and blew it in 97. He almost said nothing and when he did it was boring. He's chasing birds in Recife, Brasil nowadays together with the Ace of Base nazi, Ulf Ekberg.

You still have the javelin.
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #184
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
Swedish TV commentators suck mostly. Maybe there are some radio broadcasts on the web? They should be better.

Actually Sjöberg tried that gig and blew it in 97. He almost said nothing and when he did it was boring. He's chasing birds in Recife, Brasil nowadays together with the Ace of Base nazi, Ulf Ekberg.

You still have the javelin.
Yes, Thorkildsen qualified and hopefully he can qualify. I saw an English interview with him, he speaks American English better than most Americans.

Thanks for sport magazine and the whole Sjöberg the playboy and I read he was in Brasil, yes it's funny cause I don't think Sjöberg was racist at all, but Ekberg I think I will talk about that in the Swedish thread.

How are Haugland, Hoen and Kristiansen as commentators?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #185
country flag Aphex
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Aphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond reputeAphex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, Thorkildsen qualified and hopefully he can qualify. I saw an English interview with him, he speaks American English better than most Americans.

Thanks for sport magazine and the whole Sjöberg the playboy and I read he was in Brasil, yes it's funny cause I don't think Sjöberg was racist at all, but Ekberg I think I will talk about that in the Swedish thread.

How are Haugland, Hoen and Kristiansen as commentators?
I think Sjöberg and Ekberg are Göteborg playboys thet's why they're together. Sjöberg was/is friends with Sotomayor and he dated a black Cuban long jumper for a while, so I don't think he's racist.

Christiansen and Hoen were good. Haugland's dialect was kinda hard to get. She cried tears of joy when Kajsa won and Emma took bronze. That was a little bit strange, honestly.
Aphex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #186
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They only how to choke in the big ones. I mean look at Bala, he ran like a muppet my 17yo cousin could have almost beaten him on that effort in the semi.
Baala, another one I feel like he has the talent, he has the means, but not the mental. Do all French competitors suffer the same disease? They lack asskicking!!!! I'm available if they're looking for someone...

Djhone hasn't qualified, but this was expected. He told himself his preparation wasn't over and he even thought about not competing. At least one who is honest! Otherwise, I would have written the 400m on my list today!

Barber is a fighter, but she has to focus now on the long jump. And only 2 days after the end of heptathlon, I suppose it's hard for all those who still have the heavy legs...
Old 08-09-2005, 01:16 PM   #187
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex
I think Sjöberg and Ekberg are Göteborg playboys thet's why they're together. Sjöberg was/is friends with Sotomayor and he dated a black Cuban long jumper for a while, so I don't think he's racist.

Christiansen and Hoen were good. Haugland's dialect was kinda hard to get. She cried tears of joy when Kajsa won and Emma took bronze. That was a little bit strange, honestly.
Sotomayor has his own salsa band now and yes Patrik is a big playboy and if it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be all the Swedish high jumpers coming through now.

Haugland is from Haugesund and they have an interesting dialect there and she was going out with Håkan Sarnblom the 2nd best jumper after Hoen. Perhaps Hanne likes Kajsa, then again she wouldn't be the first.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #188
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute

What went wrong with the pole vault?
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #189
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the mens 400m good today,

looks like the brits are finally getting some luck, Tim Benjamin of Britain was the quickest being the only to run sub-45 seconds. He was even quicker than Wariner the olympic Champion!
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #190
bad gambler

wariner will win, he is a class above everyone else
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #191
country flag Papakori

Papakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond reputePapakori has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
wariner will win, he is a class above everyone else
Yes, I think he will too he has only lost once this yearin Crystal Palace where he was beaten in an exciting race to Benjamin but I think Wariner will win anyhow
Papakori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #192
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Felix Sanchez making the final with a fractured foot, what a warrior he is and the 3k steeple should be good as long as someone who still wants to represent Kenya wins then all the better and not one of the money athletes running for Qatar.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-09-2005, 04:49 PM   #193
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

Its actually pissing it down in Finland, no athletics on atm!!!

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #194
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Gee guys. What a weather in Helsinki! I wonder if there'll be any competition tonight.
Here in Tallinn, 80 km across the Baltic Sea, it doesn't rain yet. But the winds have been strong the whole day and ships are not going out to the sea.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #195
country flag Choupi

I was wondering why we were granted the replay of what has taken place this morning...I just came back home, well, to be more precise, I rushed back home from the garden, just to not miss the 3k steeple and I've been surprised to see the heats of the 200m! I was about to insult Eurosport, once again, but it seems that this time, they're innocent!

Too sad, I really wanted to see some live events.