the French Closed thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute
Default the French Closed thread

since our beloved Mago won't play there, I thought we can talk here abour Roland Garros, another favourites of ourselves, and so
chat away

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #2
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the French Closed thread

Guille...
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:17 AM   #3

Guille Is he ever going to be able to come back? It is so hard for me to come to this Forum anymore because Guille's situation depresses me I remember the first time I saw Guille play on TV--it was at the French Open
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

"Be able" to? He's doing ok. He's not terminally ill. He's been trying to recover from those tears in his abs, working with his physical trainer in order to prevent the tears, doing the chairty things for the kids, blah blah blah. He's not sitting at home on his couch with his head down, asking God "why me?" He's doing great as far as I can tell...he's just not playing tennis -.-'

Anyway, the only way I know I have a "favorite" player is if I defend them in any certain way. I haven't over here, but other places. The only players I've defended aside from Guille are Willy, Murray and Davydenko. Other guys I just like to watch, i.e. Gasquet and Hewitt.
Murray ain't here, so I have 2 guys to root for. Nikolay made it through easy, as did Willy, so VAMOS!

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

I for one was SO depressed when they were talking about WHO could defeat nadal on clay and they even acted like no one has challenged him for 3 years other than federer...

then they talked about who can challenge federer on clay and they went as far as discussing david ferrer. and not coria.... he does not exist for people. memory is short.

I guess what has happened to him is pretty mysterious as tennis players go, and they are assuming he has crashed out and is no longer a threat. But with so much discussion of clay court players and no one to ever mention guillermo coria, it is shocking.

out of sight, out of mind...

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

oh come on you guys...we've endured a lot, and so has Guille. If he is determined on coming back he will and hopefully he will display more of his beautiful tennis to us and all those who have forgotten about him. I know it's sad for all of us not seeing him there at RG, where he should be, but if he goes there next year and has a good run I'll be more than happy. So everyone, cheer up and now let's talk about our other favourites down there in the heat of RG...or shall I say the rain at RG?

As you all might well know, my other big fav in tennis besides Guille, is Marat Safin. His chances in RG this year are I have no idea what to say about him...he's been playing weird matches, losing a lot of them in a very stupid, unique way...but as special as RG is, maybe he'll find that needed inspiration and learn to be a winner again.

Anyhow, I think Roger won't get the title this year either, even though that win over Rafa in Hamburg must have given him hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

marat looked pretty darn good in his first match!

but i have more complainin' to do.....

In my new job, I not only have a big flat screen digital cable TV in front of my desk, but I can program the channel. Now, I cant always hear the action but can pretty well see it, and if I need to I am usually at liberty to go to the screens as I desire.

So imagine if he was playing!! I wouldnt be following live score on the internet but would be watching the action!!

nevermind that they never really show guille in the US when he plays anyway...

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 AM   #8
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

In response to Deea, I agree! Not about Marat losing in a stupid and unique way But about Guille coming back.

In response to Daze, I also feel it is ridiculous how no one has talked about Guille as a threat ON CLAY to either Nadal or Rog. Well, I'm sure if everyone knew where he went, they'd be talking about his comeback and his possibility of challenging Rog and Rafa. But it's ok. He's flying waaaaaaaaaaaay under the radar, he gets to watch everyone lose to Rafa and learns what not to do. He already knows how to beat Rafa any so, we just have to wait til the day comes...

Indeed, with all the coverage TTC has, we would've seen him numerous times during these past four weeks Guille

Btw, poor Roddick. He should do for RG like Gaudio does for Wimbledon: act like it doesn't take place. But hey, I guess I can't blame the guy fr givin' it a shot. I like Igor better anyway, though. So it's all good.
I really don't know who I'm rooting for to actually WIN this thing. I dunno. Maybe Rog

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:43 AM   #9
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Monfils and Nalbandian do well here. Also, a Vamos !!! to Verdasco.

Guille...when will you come back???

Last edited by wenty : 05-30-2007 at 05:48 AM.
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

i try to enjoy roland garros though it's definitively not the same without guille. still my favourite grand slam, of course, cause it's on clay

i'm rooting for all those argies here, especially zaba, nalbo and canas. i liked what i saw from del potro yesterday, he will be a force next year. oh, and kohlschreiber is still in after a thrilling five-setter, and robredo as well
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsarevic is one of my favourites and he beat Safin today
Lapentti went out to Youzhny
Nalbandian's into round 2
Berdych out
Chela through

Womens
Golovin, didn't go
Malek, didn't go
Dulko, through to round 2
Ivanovic through
Paszek versus Henin today
Old 05-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
country flag fabolous

fabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond reputefabolous has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guille&tati4life View Post
Malek, didn't go
you're a malek fan, paul? i ask because she is from the same hometown like me and played quite a few years in my local tennis club.

not that i really care about women's tennis

tipsy played some good tennis today!
fabolous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #13
country flag guille&tati4life

guille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond reputeguille&tati4life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabolous View Post
you're a malek fan, paul? i ask because she is from the same hometown like me and played quite a few years in my local tennis club.

not that i really care about women's tennis

tipsy played some good tennis today!
I think Malek has lots of talent and i don't mind her looks either . Do you think she can make it to the top 10 one day? I think top 20 is possible

Tipsarevic was a joy to watch
Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #14
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Willy wining the whole thing
didn't check Dementieva's score yet...

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #15
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

at Tipsarvic, of course that of all the days, he chose today to play awesome!!! Marat It's getting harder and harder...in the post-match interview he mentioned retiring if things won't start clicking in his game. I don't even wanna think about that posiblity of that day coming. Tennis without Marat???? No, no, no...don't even wanna think about it.

Tomas also lost so basically I'm left with Rafa and the argies

Dementieva won Santi in straight sets actaully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote