what is nadals workout plan/routine etc..... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #1
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute
Default what is nadals workout plan/routine etc.....

could anyone tell me.
i would appreciate it. thanks
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #2
country flag DanEd

DanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is nadals workout plan/routine etc.....

He jerks off every morning. that is why he has so strong biceps
DanEd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute

lol
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).

Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
could anyone tell me.
i would appreciate it. thanks
His workout plan? Sorry, no idea but you can pick up bits of info here and there.

There's a thread with a little bit of information on this, posted somewhere here.
Quote:
Maybe there are two Rafa Nadals. One quiet, hard-working Rafa that beats his hands into a pulp during practice under the silent watch of his uncle; always on his toes next to the net. His hands full of cracks and calluses; a worker's hands after months of beating a pickaxe and a chisel against a concrete wall. The same Rafa Nadal who, two or three hours later, heads to the gym to work with Joan Forcades, his physical trainer. With him, Rafa Nadal has discovered that he has a sixth sense, the gift of proprioception, the ability of the muscles to remember the position of the body's joints at all times and vary their contractions accordingly, to respond immediately to external stimuli. Proprioception exercises on unstable surfaces, such as giant balls, are the basis of his physical training, not weightlifting or bench presses as one might think from looking at his giant biceps.

"With Rafa, more than anything, we've done preventative work," explains Forcades. "We've got to prevent injuries, which are very frequent in tennis because of changes in surface, because of the huge number of matches played in a year, the constant trips..."

Rafa Nadal has had two major injuries in his career that kept him off the courts during key months during 2003 and 2004. Luckily, these problems have not reappeared so far in 2005, with six tournaments and seven finals under his belt, perhaps because the proprioception exercises are starting to pay off. His muscles, speed, the fierceness of his starts, his changes in direction, he works on all of these things with strange materials at the gym; conical pulleys, yoyos, vibrating platforms...
It doesn't really give you a plan/routine but it might give you an idea of the sort of workout he does.
Read the entire article (a translation) here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=46401

Maybe you'll find more info on http://www.vamosrafael.com in one of the articles posted there.

Bits that I did find in a quick search:
Quote:
The “Boy King” works hard to achieve his goals. For instance, he sometimes loves to run for hours in the streaming rain up and down the mountains on his home Island Mallorca.

“When he then returns home”, says his coach/uncle Toni with noticeable pride in his voice, “he looks as dirty as a great football player after an important match”.
http://www.vamosrafael.com/articles/art441.html
Another article with info about the sort of work he did to come back from an injury:
http://www.vamosrafael.com/articles/art211.html
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #5
country flag 1sun

1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute

the boy is dedicated to be running up and down mountains! you would never catch me doing that. more praise for rafa though, that is serious hard work/effort.
1sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #6
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about his workout regime, but dietary wise, I've read somewhere that he eats alot of clay (says he wants to start eating more grass though)

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
country flag Rex

funny aucson- and very interesting by castafiore
Safin - The of tennis.

Old 08-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #8
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Reza, you're a fag.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 PM   #9
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sun
the boy is dedicated to be running up and down mountains! you would never catch me doing that. more praise for rafa though, that is serious hard work/effort.
He was spotted running around the outside of Chatrier Court 45 minutes before his match with Gasquet.

I believe his uncle, the footballer Miguel Angel Nadal, is his fitness trainer.

Rafa also loves to play football and golf.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #10
country flag 1sun

1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
He was spotted running around the outside of Chatrier Court 45 minutes before his match with Gasquet.

I believe his uncle, the footballer Miguel Angel Nadal, is his fitness trainer.

Rafa also loves to play football and golf.
yeh i no but golf?lol some reason i find that funny. he cnt really get pumped, not physical enough for him.lol
1sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote