Leçons de français et autres langues diverses et variées!! - Page 84 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #1246
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leçons de français et autres langues diverses et variées!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VingaRafel
Thank you Damita, you truly are awsome!
erm no, it's my motherlanguage
and yes as Nico said, the word we use in our everyday language for those marriages is "mariage blanc". didn't come to my mind when i replied this afternoon lol

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #1247
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan83
I love it too !!!

I want to see "Les poupées russes"
It's not as good as L'auberge espagnole, but i like it though. I missed the Spanish but they talked English more... and Russian
L'auberge espagnole is one of my favourite movies. Romain Duris is hilarious, he looks just so dumb at times, like in that convo with Martine about the book Martine, or when the young guys in Barcelona are imitating him when he's on the phone... i'm lmao just by seeing his facial expression

Old 11-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #1248
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

et l'anglaise "i'm going to fac"
Old 11-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #1249
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon
et l'anglaise "i'm going to fac"

And Audrey Tautou is just great playing the annoying girlfriend: "l'anglaise elle est pas un peu cucul?", "désolée je peux pas... en plus avec les autres là, à côté"

Old 11-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #1250
country flag VingaRafel

VingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita
: "l'anglaise elle est pas un peu cucul?", "désolée je peux pas... en plus avec les autres là, à côté"
Cucul ???

As a Barcelona native that I am, I truly appreciated that movie. I would just loooooove to live in that apartment with all those Europeans. I thought the girl that played the lesbian was very good too, having a thing with her flamenco dancer LOL. And the British girl's brother...oh my God!! he was hilarious!!

How do you say college ????? la FAK ??? LOLLLL

I looooooooooooooooooooove that movie!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #1251
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Cucul ???

As a Barcelona native that I am, I truly appreciated that movie. I would just loooooove to live in that apartment with all those Europeans. I thought the girl that played the lesbian was very good too, having a thing with her flamenco dancer LOL. And the British girl's brother...oh my God!! he was hilarious!!

How do you say college ????? la FAK ??? LOLLLL

I looooooooooooooooooooove that movie!
cucul= hard to translate. my dictionary says "silly" but it's not just that.... hmmm, help anyone?

i love the apartment too!!! living with lots of roomates, especially if they are from different countries, is my dream! i was sure i would love that movie even before i saw it for the first time

university is called "université" or "faculté" which, made shorter, becomes "fac". But when Xavier's mother says he has gone to "la fac", Wendy understands "la fuck"
And yes her brother is amazing!!! he plays a bigger role in the sequel, Les Poupées russes, in which he falls in love with a Russian ballet dancer

Old 11-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #1252
country flag VingaRafel

VingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond reputeVingaRafel has a reputation beyond repute

OH, so you're saying Les Poupées russes is the sequel????? I had no idea? With the same characters?? Oh I gotta get this, I have to see this.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #1253
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
OH, so you're saying Les Poupées russes is the sequel????? I had no idea? With the same characters?? Oh I gotta get this, I have to see this.
yes it is. All the actors are in it (except the French couple) but you dont see them a lot. You see Xavier, Martine, Isabelle (the lesbian girl - Cécile de France, excellent Belgian actress), Neus (sp?) the Spanish girl who works in the bar and tells Xavier at the end of the movie that she will go to Paris the next year, Wendy and her brother... the rest of the group appears only at the end of the movie (too bad, me likes Tobias, the German, so much ). And there are new characters, mostly girls. Hence the title and the poster of the film (Xavier and all the girls).

Old 11-15-2005, 12:56 AM   #1254
country flag VingaRafel

Quote:
Neus (sp?) the Spanish girl who works in the bar .
Neus is not Spanish, it's Catalan. In Spanish it would be Nieves (which means.. snows go figure! ) I gotta rush and get this movie, I had no clue there was a sequel, I am soooooooo excited !!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #1255
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Neus is not Spanish, it's Catalan. In Spanish it would be Nieves (which means.. snows go figure! ) I gotta rush and get this movie, I had no clue there was a sequel, I am soooooooo excited !!
Catalan yes.... but to be honest i quite don't get all the differences. Like during the Economics class, when they ask the teacher to speak erm... Sevillan (sp?) instead of Catalan if i remember well... it is a little bit complicated for me especially as i never studied spanish at school so...
But i like the nam Neus. and i like the name Soledad and the way they pronounce it. It's beautiful

The sequel is very recent. It went out in the cinemas this year.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #1256
FrogBurger

FrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond reputeFrogBurger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan83
I love it too !!!

I want to see "Les poupées russes"

The french expression for these kind of marriage is : Mariage blanc

So your sentence in french will be : Il y a beaucoup de personnes à New York qui font des mariages blancs.
But if it is an interractial marriage it should be a "marriage Blanc, noir et blanc"
FrogBurger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:30 AM   #1257
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogBurger
But if it is an interractial marriage it should be a "marriage Blanc, noir et blanc"

Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #1258
country flag VingaRafel

Quote:
Catalan yes.... but to be honest i quite don't get all the differences. Like during the Economics class, when they ask the teacher to speak erm... Sevillan (sp?) instead of Catalan if i remember well... it is a little bit complicated for me especially as i never studied spanish at school so...
But i like the nam Neus. and i like the name Soledad and the way they pronounce it. It's beautiful

The sequel is very recent. It went out in the cinemas this year.
I believe they ask the teacher to speak "Castilian" which is what Spanish is called in Spain, since the language originated in "Castilla" (Western Spain). In other words, they asked the teacher to speak Spanish, to which he refused...but that's a whole new conversation

Catalan has all sorts of influences in it (Spanish,French,Italian). I'll give you an example:

If I want to say: people are coming for the riots tomorrow.
Catalan: la gent arriva per la manifestacio que hi haura dema.
French: Les gents arrivent pour la manif qui aura lieu demain (something like this. )
Old 11-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #1259
country flag Yasmine

Yasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond reputeYasmine has a reputation beyond repute

So you're catalan? where from? i'm in catalan area too, Perpignan

For Breast Cancer, please click here once a day
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #1260
country flag VingaRafel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing_queen
So you're catalan? where from? i'm in catalan area too, Perpignan
Barcelona native But I've lived overseas for more than I can remember. I'm in New York.