Leçons de français et autres langues diverses et variées!! - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2005, 09:18 AM   #151
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leçons de français!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon
nooooo! we only have good students!
Arrête de passer de la pommade Nemo = Stop massaging her back Nemo
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 AM   #152
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir
avec de la crème au kiwi?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:47 AM   #153
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir
Hehe...now it's my turn pour une petite correction. I think you mean...stop "patting" her on the back. It's a common, polite expression and gesture to encourage and/or compliment someone. We both say it...and do it...even in the business world.

Mais, Saumon...vous avez les bons étudiants parce que vous tout êtes les professeurs très patients. Et c'est mon "passer de la pommade".

Bonjour!!!

Last edited by Angle Queen : 08-18-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Angle Queen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:52 AM   #154
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

I also wanted to add...about patting on the back in business. Other than shaking hands, it is often the only form of physical contact between long-time colleagues...particularly men. Sometimes, women will hug each other...but even that's fairly rare at the office.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #155
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my God! Oh mon Dieu!
Am i the only one who had not seen Hewitt's new look? Suis-je la seule (le seul if you're a boy) qui n'avait pas vu le nouveau look de Hewitt?

Alicia: don't worry, you'll be fluent in French within a few months Ne t'inquiète pas, tu parleras couramment le français en quelques mois

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:07 PM   #156
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
I also wanted to add...about patting on the back in business. Other than shaking hands, it is often the only form of physical contact between long-time colleagues...particularly men. Sometimes, women will hug each other...but even that's fairly rare at the office.
same here. people shake hands @ the office. A man can pat the back of another sometimes.
People being more than colleagues, being friends for a long time can kiss each others on the cheeks, but that's mostly when you really know the person very well, and when you're at the same level in the hierarchy. If you're the person's boss, or if the person is your boss, then you shake hands.

Plus here with have the "tu"-"vous" difference that doesn't exist in English, and it emphazises how close to the person you can be. You'll say "vous" to your boss when you're talking to him, but you can say "tu" to a colleague when it's someone you know well and are friend with.
I hate that. the all "tu"/"vous" thing. It complicates the relationship you can have with people and it can be ambiguous.

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #157
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Il a joué tellement (?) mal dans le premier "set" hier...qu'il l'a jeté. Si tout va bien, nous avons vu la fin de ce bandana.

(He played so poorly yesterday in the first set, that he got rid of it (discarded it, took it off). Hopefully, we have seen the last of that bandana.)

Comment vous dites..."set"...pour tennis? (How do you say..."set"...for tennis?)
Old 08-18-2005, 12:21 PM   #158
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita
Plus here with have the "tu"-"vous" difference that doesn't exist in English, and it emphazises how close to the person you can be. You'll say "vous" to your boss when you're talking to him, but you can say "tu" to a colleague when it's someone you know well and are friend with.
I hate that. the all "tu"/"vous" thing. It complicates the relationship you can have with people and it can be ambiguous.
It's the same in German (my mom was German so I know it fairly well).

That's part of what makes a 'foreign' language so difficult for English speakers. Not only is there the informal/formal nature of "you" but...GENDER! There's just nothing like it in our language. Yes, we have strange spelling rules (so-called silent letters and such) but I think our grammatical structures are relatively simple...and forgiving. Still, I am so very impressed with the collective knowledge on this board of the non-English natives. It's absolutely amazing!!!

Thank you all for your continued patience with us. It really helps shake the cobwebs from my head and all week I have looked forward to this thread. I hope...it will continue.

s
Old 08-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #159
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

on dit "set" ou "manche" (we say "set" or "manche")

quand tu regardes roland garros, l'arbitre dit "jeu set et match safin" (when you watch roland garros, the umpire says "jeu set et match safin")
Old 08-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #160
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon
quand tu regardes roland garros, l'arbitre dit "jeu set et match safin" (when you watch roland garros, the umpire says "jeu set et match safin")
Si on peut l'entendre! Il y a beaucoup de

oops...the English: If one can hear it! There is a lot of clapping.

Last edited by Angle Queen : 08-18-2005 at 12:27 PM. Reason: left off the English
Angle Queen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #161
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Si on peut l'entendre! Il y a beaucoup de

oops...the English: If one can hear it! There is a lot of clapping.
not only clapping, there's a lot of BOOOOOING too.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #162
country flag Bibir

Quote:
Hehe...now it's my turn pour une petite correction. I think you mean...stop "patting" her on the back. It's a common, polite expression and gesture to encourage and/or compliment someone. We both say it...and do it...even in the business world.
Good job AQ! = Bon Boulout AQ!

But Marat lost himself in translation this summer = Mais Marat s'est perdu dans la traduction cette été.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #163
country flag NINA_BCN

NINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita
Alicia: don't worry, you'll be fluent in French within a few months Ne t'inquiète pas, tu parleras couramment le français en quelques mois
I think you're dreaming!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #164
country flag Saumon

alicia your avy is too cute alicia ton avatar est trop mignon
Old 08-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #165
country flag NINA_BCN

NINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond reputeNINA_BCN has a reputation beyond repute

He's Marat!!!!