Andy's Autumn schedule - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #31
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy's Autumn schedule

Hopefully he's playing DC Vs. us! I hope he can kick Roger's ass. I'll be there and will cheer for Andy, I'll take some mates with me. We are 20 ppl who'll cheer loudly for Andy
If he could beat Roger or Stan it would give him lots of confidence. I agree, he should play those big Challengers and he should at least win 1. The main goal for him should be not to lose places. He's now into 140, I think. He shouldn't play Binghampton! He played nearly every week since Wimbledon. He needs to rest. He's now on the same level as before Queens. The last Tournaments were just AWFUL..!!

I have to agree with the poster who wrote...
If those unlucky defeats Vs. Nalbandian at Wimbledon and Vs. Fish at Indianapolis didn't happen, he would now be very high ranked. He had his chances at Indianapolis where his draw was wide open, he could've beat Bastl and then he had his QF spot and would have become a Top100 player. I can't remember who was in his draw but it was a great chance to do better.

Another problem's that Andy seems to be "afraid" to win...!!! He was break up Vs. Nalbandian at Wimbledon and Vs. Fish at Indianapolis. He was up at Vancouver's challenger in the 2nd Vs. Baccanello 5-4 with a break and he joked it away 5-7. But what made me "happy" was, that he fought back and didn't gave the match away. 7-6 in the 3rd is AWFUL again But every bad situation has something positive. I can hardly remember that he just gave points away... Can you imagine a Roger Federer just give something away? Some friends told me about him when I didn't knew him, that he has something of Hewitt, not only his c'mon. They told the gamestyle, the returns, etc. But I can't imagine such a player would give points away. I know Andy isn't that fit yet, but he will work on it and this wont ever happen!!!

btw. this was his 1st loss to a lower ranked player then him, since Barcelona I think.

I'm not afraid that he'll stay on challenger circuit next year. He seems to be bored about playing guys ranked in the 300. He needs realy big challenges, such as Vs. Andy Roddick at the Open or in DC Vs. Federer or other big names. He needs to show the world that he wants to be a Top10 player and not just to give up..!!! He has what it needs to be a great player.

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2005, 01:44 AM   #32
country flag crazyrobert

crazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these partscrazyrobert is infamous around these parts

does anybody know where andy s playing next week
crazyrobert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #33

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

Binghampton, challenger.

All youngsters

Old 08-08-2005, 07:40 PM   #34
country flag shyscots25

shyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to be critical but I really wish Andy had taken the decision to have a go for qualifying at one of the Master's tournaments. I suppose it is still possible he might do that for Cincinatti next week, but a good run in this challenger tournament will preclude that!

Still, i am sure Andy and Mark know what they are doing, it just seems that the mammoth points up for grabs in the ATP events is something worth going for. Andy has been playing a lot of matches and will be going into the US open qualifying very match sharp, but, other than accumulating some safe points against mediocre players, what does he achieve choosing binghampton over cincy qualifying?

I sense Andy is someone capable of raising his game considerably in the right environment. Let's hope to see him back on the ATP tour very soon. If he believes in himself, he must take on the challenge.
shyscots25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:43 PM   #35
country flag kundalini

kundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond repute

It is weird how the situation changes so quickly.

Andy picks up 50 points for winning Binghampton and 35 for his win over Taylor Dent in Cincinnati.

Next is qualifying for the US Open (hopes of wildcard seem to have vanished) It is expected that Andy will be seeded among the top 16 (Despite my A level maths I have been struggling to work this one out but with wildcards and withdrawls he should get inside the top 16 just)

Interestingly he is on the entry list for Instanbul Challenger. I imagine this is in case he doesn't make it through qualifying.

Right now his chances of making the top 100 look fairly good though much depends on the US Open.

While his recent performances have been modest, his results have been excellent. He came through a difficult match against Harsh Mankad, saving 5 match points, beat Bogomolov and then Baker in the same day and Falla in the final to win Binghampton.

He then took advantage of his wildcard into Cincinnati (Fish withdrew injured) winning a close match against Taylor Dent before losing to Safin.
kundalini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 PM   #36
country flag shyscots25

shyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah qualifying is going to be huge. The seeding will help him. Let's hope for a kind draw. I was never very confident about him getting a wildcard anyway since these things tend to be allocated to the home based players, which is fair enough frankly. Qualifying starts next tuesday so the draw must be fairly soon!...Hopefully a trip to Turkey is not on the agenda!
shyscots25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:06 PM   #37
country flag stuey87

stuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
It is weird how the situation changes so quickly.

Andy picks up 50 points for winning Binghampton and 35 for his win over Taylor Dent in Cincinnati.

Next is qualifying for the US Open (hopes of wildcard seem to have vanished) It is expected that Andy will be seeded among the top 16 (Despite my A level maths I have been struggling to work this one out but with wildcards and withdrawls he should get inside the top 16 just)

Interestingly he is on the entry list for Instanbul Challenger. I imagine this is in case he doesn't make it through qualifying.

Right now his chances of making the top 100 look fairly good though much depends on the US Open.

While his recent performances have been modest, his results have been excellent. He came through a difficult match against Harsh Mankad, saving 5 match points, beat Bogomolov and then Baker in the same day and Falla in the final to win Binghampton.

He then took advantage of his wildcard into Cincinnati (Fish withdrew injured) winning a close match against Taylor Dent before losing to Safin.

There is no doubt his results have been excellent recently. I just hope he really recharges from wednesday til tuesday after losing to Marat to give himself the best chance in the qualies. He has done very well picking up lots of points
Brown, Brands, Tsonga
stuey87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #38
country flag stuey87

stuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyscots25
Yeah qualifying is going to be huge. The seeding will help him. Let's hope for a kind draw. I was never very confident about him getting a wildcard anyway since these things tend to be allocated to the home based players, which is fair enough frankly. Qualifying starts next tuesday so the draw must be fairly soon!...Hopefully a trip to Turkey is not on the agenda!

Let's hope he qualifies and draws Taylor Dent or Santiago Ventura!
I agree Turkey wouldn't be good!
He's only going to gain experience playing Safin on hard and Fed on clay in Davis Cup most likely, all of which will help his progress.
Brown, Brands, Tsonga
stuey87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:36 AM   #39
country flag kundalini

kundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond repute

Andy is an alternate for Tokyo.

But miles down the list in 13th place
kundalini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:30 PM   #40
country flag chalkdust

chalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Andy is an alternate for Tokyo.

But miles down the list in 13th place
Well, a lot seems to have changed in just a few weeks! Andy's schedule has been very surprising to me, particularly the decision to play Binghampton. Yet he contrived to win that tournament and then got a wild card straight into the main draw at Cincy and picked up another 35 points there.

This has all made the assumed goal of reaching the top 100 by the end of this year look very achievable. He needs to earn about 110 more points between now and then, allowing for the 36 points that will roll off his record, and a fifteen point allowance for existing scores that will be replaed by any better ones. You could look at that as three Challenger semis and a quarter-final or a win and a final.

However, entering Tokyo seems a strange way to go about this. It would cut him out of Grenoble, Mons and the Stockholm qualies. But it seems that Tokyo is much more popular this year than last so he probably won't get in. He can't play the qualies because of the Davis Cup match the week before. So presumably he will withdraw from Tokyo when he sees the entry list and stay in Europe - unless he already has a WC deal.

Whatever happens, he will still have Kolding and Aachen. As kundalini points out, there are also some high-points Challengers in November, such as Luxembourg, but I have really been hoping that he will take some time out from the weekly grind to work on his fitness and his game. To me, this would suggest playing in Grenoble, Mons, Kolding and Aachen, leaving the November Challengers in reserve in case he really needs some extra points.

I certainly think Andy has been competing in far too many tournaments lately - this is his eighth consecutive week of play. Can he seriously be considering making that nine, even if he fails to qualify for the Open, by travelling to Istanbul? That surely would be utter madness. His reported shoulder injury is a worrying development and I really hope this is not too serious or the result of overuse.

Let's hope his results this week and next make all this speculation idle - a run to the third round would give him 90 points (83 if lucky loser), including 15 from qualifying (8 if lucky loser), which would take all the pressure off him for this season.
chalkdust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:54 AM   #41
country flag Maime

Maime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond repute

He has got to the second round of the US Open, how many points does that give him?

Murray - Blake - Rusedski - Gonzalez - Nadal - Gasquet - Roddick - Henman - Agassi - Safin - Ginepri

Sharapova ----
Maime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #42

35. When losing to Clement

All youngsters

Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 PM   #43
country flag Maime

Maime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond reputeMaime has a reputation beyond repute

What if he beats Clement?

Murray - Blake - Rusedski - Gonzalez - Nadal - Gasquet - Roddick - Henman - Agassi - Safin - Ginepri

Sharapova ----
Maime is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:46 PM   #44
country flag fivesetthriller

fivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond reputefivesetthriller has a reputation beyond repute

If he beats Clement he'll get 78 entry ranking points and 10 race points. There are actually 75 entry ranking points for getting to the 3R but Andy gets an extra 15 qualifying points and loses 12 points for his Italy F22 win last year. If Andy beats Clement he will enter the Top 100.

Here are the points Andy can get for each round.

2R 38 entry ranking points (10 race points)

3R 78 entry ranking points (18 race points)

4R 153 entry ranking points (33 race points)

QF 253 entry ranking points (53 race points)

SF 453 entry ranking points (93 race points)

F 703 entry ranking points (143 race points)

W 1003 entry ranking points (203 race points)
fivesetthriller is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #45

just beat clement and it's ok!

All youngsters