Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #1366
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
No, I don't. I love cats but my landlady doesn't allow pets in her house.
That's why my kittie live with parents right now.
About my av - it's Jo Tsonga's pendant, he allways wears it on matchs
Is that a cougar, DanaKz? Do you know why Tsonga uses it as a charm? Cougars represent swiftness of movement and speed and striking quickly which is something Jo-Willy has shown great skill at doing in his game.

This is where a chat thread would be really good. I want to go off topic without visiting Jo-Willy's Forum and ask you how he is doing this week? (I should do that, but right now we want to demonstrate why we need a Message Board ). He must be frustrated given the fact that all the injuries in Shanghai and Paris made it seem likely one of the players would retire after a match or two. I was thinking that Del Potro wasn't going to go more than a match or two since he hasn't played more than a couple of matches without retiring since the U.S. Open. Especially after he lost his first match. But he seems to be holding up fine now. On the WTA side, their Finals event was a war of attrition and both alternates got to play. Oh well! JW gets $70,000 for just showing up to be ready as an alternate.

Do you know who the second alternate was? There really isn't any news I can find on that.

Vote for Robin Soderling Message Board.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #1367
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
thanks everyone for all the pics/interview/news/articles etc!
I cant keep up with this thread at the moment - i get home from work and theres a million new posts! its brilliant!!!

kom igen robin against nole today!!!

You could focus on the threads that mattered to you, if.......

64 votes now!! I read that November 27 is the day they decide. This has surely got to be one of the biggest blow-out victories for a player to get a message board. Even people who say they don't like Robin are voting for it based on his accomplishments.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #1368
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
PS - thought id continue the cat theme and put a pic of my gorgeous little kitty in my avatar
She is beautiful, SR!!

She looks like my Phoebe (my black haired Maine Coon). We have some serious cat magic going on for Robin between the avatars of Sod, SR, Dana, Rose, etc.

The first thing that comes to mind for cats is the quality of being independent and doing your own thing (DIY - Do it yourself). No player on tour represents that quality more than Robin imho. Nole and Nalby are also like that and it's a big reason why I respect them so much.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #1369
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Actually, I can find some editorial content off some blogs, like Peter Bodo published one today, but the angles are always from a Nadal fan's point of view and they paint Robin so two dimensionally that they are not worth posting here.

Bodo's first paragraph making an analogy portraying Robin as a wolf and Rafa as an elk (titled "The World Class Scowl"):

"The faces today said it all, as far as I was concerned. There was Robin Soderling, crouched low to receive Rafael Nadal's serve at match point, the trace of a smile on his lips, eyes alert and glittery in the manner of an opportunistic wolf staring at an elk calf."

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/index.html

I'm sooo sick of this crap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etern View Post
Hi there!

I get Svenska Dagbladet (http://www.svd.se), it's one of the two big morning papers in Sweden. Before Robin's success they were the only newspaper that wrote about tennis in Sweden. Since they have the tradition to write about it I still think they have some of the most interesting storys about tennis in swedish media. A cute article I just found: http://www.svd.se/sportspel/nyheter/artikel_3844675.svd

For me it's nice to read about it in the swedish media because here we think Robin is more important than Nadal so most articles are from his point of view
Oh, this is great!!

Bodo wants to paint Robin as though he we're the Joker in a Batman movie. Robin evily smiling as he is about to take out the innocent "Elk calf". It's a friggin' sport, Bodo!! The object of the game is for Robin to go out there and give everything he has to win, not to go out there and roll over for the kindly "Elk calf". Why is it that Robin is "evil" if he wins, but if Rafa wins 81 matches in a row on clay (defeating double-digit number of players, and possibly crushing their dreams and successful endeavors in the process) he is a saint? Was he an "Elk calf" when he defeated Federer at the Australian Open this year? Crazy!

This is what I want to see. Thanks, Etern!

Soderling Gives Advice to Young Tennis Prospects

13-year student Adina Lamborn interviewed Robin Soderling.
Published: 25 November 2009, 08.52

How to become a good tennis player? Adina Lamborn, 13 years old and future prospect in the tennis world has reached ninth grade. Robin Soderling gets to answer her questions.

Many juniors are doing many different sports and will soon be "forced" to choose which one they want to be good in. I wonder if Robin believes that it is good to practice other sports than tennis, even if it really is tennis you want to eventually choose as your serious pursuit?

I've kept myself in many different sports, but when I came up in my early teens I spent my time solely on tennis. I think that other sports can make you better when you play tennis, but when you're around 13 years old, you must make a choice.

Q Is there anything you would have done differently or are you happy with your arrangement of tennis, training and leisure?

Robin: "I played a lot of tennis when I was young, perhaps I should have scaled down tennis and increased my training. It is very important to strengthen the body at an early age."

He suggests havig a physical coach help you work out three times a week when you are around 13 years old, but points out that there is no need to rush too fast, and it is a very individual thing how you do it.

Robin also talked about the proper framework:

Robin: "It Is incredibly important to be positive if you ever feel sad or demoralized. It will always get better sometime soon. If you are positive, it's much easier and faster to get back to a higher level of tennis."

As many others have said at his level, Robin stated that the most difficult and annoying thing about tennis is maintaining your skills when you do not feel in decent shape.

How to improve self-confidence?

Robin: "I make it through by thinking of the good games I have played and my own tennis when it is at its best."

Robin is better than ever now, and it was great fun to interview him when he is at its best. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Robin Soderling in today's match against Novak Djokovic in the Masters Cup.

ADINA LAMBORN, Prao

Last edited by Nolby : 11-25-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #1370
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodal View Post

You could focus on the threads that mattered to you, if.......

that was kinda the point i was making
wish i could stay up for the match tonight but i have work tomorrow and i dont think id make it...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #1371
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She is beautiful, SR!!

She looks like my Phoebe (my black haired Maine Coon). We have some serious cat magic going on for Robin between the avatars of Sod, SR, Dana, Rose, etc.

Thank You! She's not pedigree or anything special but shes very special to me. 6 years ago a family friend brought over 4 kittens that her cat had, and she jumped straight out of the box and walked over to me and sat down on my lap and purred, so she very much chose me
Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #1372
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is that a cougar, DanaKz? Do you know why Tsonga uses it as a charm? Cougars represent swiftness of movement and speed and striking quickly which is something Jo-Willy has shown great skill at doing in his game.
Very true I think I agree

Quote:
This is where a chat thread would be really good. I want to go off topic without visiting Jo-Willy's Forum and ask you how he is doing this week? (I should do that, but right now we want to demonstrate why we need a Message Board ). He must be frustrated given the fact that all the injuries in Shanghai and Paris made it seem likely one of the players would retire after a match or two. I was thinking that Del Potro wasn't going to go more than a match or two since he hasn't played more than a couple of matches without retiring since the U.S. Open. Especially after he lost his first match. But he seems to be holding up fine now. On the WTA side, their Finals event was a war of attrition and both alternates got to play. Oh well! JW gets $70,000 for just showing up to be ready as an alternate.
Yeah, he gave interview for one french newspaper, and he said he feel it's boring to spend all days long on stadium as he must be ready to substitute someone. It has to be annoying.
I had doubts about DelPotro too but now I think noone will retire.
But money are allways good, aren't they?

Quote:
Do you know who the second alternate was? There really isn't any news I can find on that.
No, never heard about it... Stepanek again? All the way from tropic islands without socks and racquets
Old 11-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #1373
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Very true I think I agree

Yeah, he gave interview for one french newspaper, and he said he feel it's boring to spend all days long on stadium as he must be ready to substitute someone. It has to be annoying.
I had doubts about DelPotro too but now I think noone will retire.
But money are allways good, aren't they?

No, never heard about it... Stepanek again? All the way from tropic islands without socks and racquets
I bet it is Steps who is the second alternate. He ended the year ranked 12th, so Gonzo should have received the first request being ranked 11th, but Gonzo looked like he was going home for the season when he retired against Del Pony in Paris.

That really sucks for JW! It must be really frustrating sitting around and seeing an opportunity to play for instant money and points be so close. Every single win gives a player 200 points, which is the equivalent of winning an ATP 250 tourney minus 50 or being in the finals of an ATP 250 plus 50. And then each win is worth $120,000, so Robin has already bagged $190,000 for one match heading into today!

Match has started... it's a nail biter as I expected. Robin is up 4-3 (on serve) in the first set.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #1374
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Interesting that Robin wore black (protection color) against Rafa and is wearing blue (diplomacy color) against Nole.

He's looking really good on his serve. So is Nole. This has the feel of a tiebreaker. Robin can pull a surprise and take this set though.

5-4, Robin on serve....

Phew!!! Tough hold for 6-5. 6-6 tiebreak.... man.... C'mon Robin, now or never!

Last edited by Nolby : 11-25-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #1375
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God! That was the tightest set I've seen in a long time!!! Phew!!!!

7-6 (5)

Who would've believed he'd be doing this 8 months ago!!!

That makes him 3-0 in sets now. Nole is 2-2 in sets. That will be huge down the road...

Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #1376
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

OMG!!! He breaks Nole again to go up 7-6, 4-1.

7-6, 5-1

If he goes 2-0 in matches and 4-0 in sets, is he in the semis?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #1377
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG!!! He breaks Nole again to go up 7-6, 4-1.

7-6, 5-1

If he goes 2-0 in matches and 4-0 in sets, is he in the semis?
If Davy loses to Nadal, he is for sure. If not I dont know

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #1378
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Let's dance, ladies and gentlemen? let's dance!
SoderKing!
He made Nole look like child in second set!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #1379
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

:wors hip:: worship:

Robin wins it, 7-6 (5), 6-1!!!!!! First career victory over Nole!!!!! He is now 2-0 in matches, 4-0 in sets and I'm going to have to check all the variations, but I think he has clinched a place in the Semis.

He has now moved up to #8 in the rankings passing Verdasco with another 200 points. And another $120,000 makes his winnings $310,000!!!!

What an incomprehensibly fantastic week for Robin and Jenni!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #1380
country flag DanaKz

My congratulations to all Sodafans!
That was amazing!