Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 91 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #1351
country flag Etern

Etern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

Thanks for all the info and pics. Today he was on the front page of my morning paper, before RG I can't even remeber a single time when tennis made the front page
Etern is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #1352
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etern View Post
Thanks for all the info and pics. Today he was on the front page of my morning paper, before RG I can't even remeber a single time when tennis made the front page
Hi Etern,

What newspaper do you get? I noticed several good articles and two decent editorial articles in Expressen at http://www.expressen.se/

One editorial is making the argument that Robin is making fantastic strides and could beat Fed now; the counter editorial saying this win doesn't say much about his play because Nadal's game is poor. The other paper I've looked at is Aftonbladet at http://www.aftonbladet.se/. Again, multiple articles with multiple points of view including thoughts from Stefan Edberg.

Stefan Edberg

"He has a Golden Opportunity"
Edberg impressed by Soderling

Of all the Swedish tennis star is the only Björn Borg and Stefan Edberg who won the Masters Finals.

Should Robin Soderling become the third member of the exclusive society?

- He has a gold position, "said Edberg to Sportbladet.

25-year-old from Tibro began ATP finals by beating Rafael Nadal 6-4, 6-4.

Stefan Edberg is impressed - but hardly surprised.

- It's great to win, but I'm not really surprised. Nadal has not looked so good since he came back from injury and Robin have nothing to lose. To enter the reserve is a perfect situation, "he says.

"Not inconceivable"
The former world number one believes that the victory against the Spanish world number two was just beginning to Robin Soderling show. Edberg does not exclude the Swede, who had a regular place since the knee injury Andy Roddick has postponed, win the whole tournament.

- It is not inconceivable. Chances are, even if there are many matches to be played. He continues to play at the top of his capacity, he has a gold position this week. There is no player that stands out. (Roger) Federer has not acclaimed market and (Andy) Murray can feel the pressure from the home crowd. (Novak) Djokovic is the one who has played the best. It feels like this could go really well, "says Stefan Edberg.

If Robin Soderling not win Masters Finals this year are legendary convinced that the 25-year-old West Gothlander may be new opportunities in the future.

- Yes, he has many good years ahead, "says Stefan Edberg.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6176131.ab

================

I hate to admit this, but the coverage is just miles better and more interesting in the Swedish papers. They actually analyze and break down the matches whereas the stuff you find by Reuters or even the ATP World Tour web site just report the facts and add the typical quotes that athletes make. Is there any paper you might recommend off this list or am I already looking at the best ones:

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/sweden.htm

Actually, I can find some editorial content off some blogs, like Peter Bodo published one today, but the angles are always from a Nadal fan's point of view and they paint Robin so two dimensionally that they are not worth posting here.

Bodo's first paragraph making an analogy portraying Robin as a wolf and Rafa as an elk (titled "The World Class Scowl"):

"The faces today said it all, as far as I was concerned. There was Robin Soderling, crouched low to receive Rafael Nadal's serve at match point, the trace of a smile on his lips, eyes alert and glittery in the manner of an opportunistic wolf staring at an elk calf."

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/index.html

I'm sooo sick of this crap!
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 11-24-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #1353
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I haven't been here sooner today. I had 3 hours sleep last night after I got home from O2, - and have been at work all day, so I'm positively shattered now

But just had to pop in and say I have tomorrow off work so I'll be at O2 again to see Novak v Robin. I'm so happy they scheduled them in the afternoon session, as I'm busy tomorrow night.

Anyway - my dream scenario is Novak and Robin qualifying, so this match will be hard for me. Of course Nole is my Number 1, but I can't cheer against Robin so I just want to sit back and enjoy the match. Am meeting up with some girls from Novak's Forum and thoroughly looking forward to the match.

Enjoy it everyone

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #1354
country flag Aaric

Aaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post

Sorry I haven't been here sooner today. I had 3 hours sleep last night after I got home from O2, - and have been at work all day, so I'm positively shattered now

But just had to pop in and say I have tomorrow off work so I'll be at O2 again to see Novak v Robin. I'm so happy they scheduled them in the afternoon session, as I'm busy tomorrow night.

Anyway - my dream scenario is Novak and Robin qualifying, so this match will be hard for me. Of course Nole is my Number 1, but I can't cheer against Robin so I just want to sit back and enjoy the match. Am meeting up with some girls from Novak's Forum and thoroughly looking forward to the match.

Enjoy it everyone
Same than me, it´s a shame one of them has to lose

Djokovic·Soderling
Aaric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #1355
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

If Robin defeats Djokovic I think both will advance.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #1356
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic was good with Denko. It will be tough.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #1357
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Robin's On Court Interview After 1rst RR Victory over Nadal

Old 11-25-2009, 02:05 AM   #1358
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post

Enjoy it everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaric View Post
Same than me, it´s a shame one of them has to lose
Make it three with me. These are my two favorite players. I've hated watching their last two matches. I had to keep turning it off and walking away. You know how you get used to watching the match from the point of view of your favorite player? When your two favorites play, you find yourself switching from one player point of view to the other, and the one winning seems like a bad dude for beating the other. That last match almost made me ill.

Nole's taken the last two, so obviously I want Robin to take this one. But I don't like seeing either of them lose either. This whole week has been tough in that way.... I was so hoping one of my three favorite players (Rafa is also one of faves) would end up in a separate group. I hardly watched any of the tennis yesterday, although it looked like two quality matches we're played.

Rose, I envy you getting to see them play at the O2! If you're going to see your two faves face off, that is definitely the way to do it. Have fun today!!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #1359
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Day 6 London
November 24, 2009 by Magnus Norman
http://answermyquestionjerk.se/magnus/

The day between matches is often quite calm. Especially so here, at the end of the season, I think. The training is currently out of gym time as that kind of overwork can not accommodate itself over time. It is more important to preserve one's energy.

We chose to go to Queens for a workout today. Away from the O2 arena for one day. Peace and quiet. Hopefully, we will remain in London a few days and then it might be nice to break off a bit. We trained tennis about 45 minutes and then we we're in the gym and did various exercises for about 30 minutes.

A funny question raised from this week is how the players get to and from the stadium. Namely, by boat on the Thames! Yes, that's right. It takes about 25 minutes and is actually quite cozy. Traffic in London is just impossible, and one does not know really how convenient using a boat is, so of course it is absolutely the best option.
Match is at 14:15 in the morning again.

There are some things that need to be tweaked a little after the last match against Novak. It is nevertheless clear that this will be a tough match. Perhaps right now the toughest task you can have (playing Novak) if you are playing tennis.

On the Blåkläder (football team) again! In the evening, do I go to see Arsenal play the Champions League at the Emirates Stadium! We heard!

Transportation to the O2 Arena

In Queens the grass runways are clear for Wimbledon. A fantastic sight!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:45 AM   #1360
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for Magnus' blog
Old 11-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #1361
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Thank you so much for Magnus' blog
You're welcome, DanaKz! There is so much material right now, it is tough to discern what to post. But I like the feel of the Magnus blog, and I was a fan of Magnus when he played too.

I like your avi picture. Once again, a cat (a big one I'm guessing) as a charm. A theme here at this time it seems. Do you own any kitties, DanaKz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
Robin should have shaken of whatever tensions he might have had now. Let's hope the elbow won't start to bother him later on either.

Nice to see all this talk about cats as well. I have my black food-crazed lady, Elsa, sleeping right next to me where I'm sitting. She's been around since 1989. Tisbe is out running somewhere. It's easy to keep track on her age, as she was born on the fifth of May 2005. 050505.
Nidhogg, if you get this before the match today, please show us a picture of Elsa and/or Tisbe. It seemed like it brought good luck before the first RR match. So Elsa is 20 years old!!! Furrball only lived to be 15. I had an outdoor cat as a pet as a kid that lived to 19. Do you feed herr anything special? I was afraid that maybe the junk food (Fancy Feast) that my former cats ate was what caused them both to develop hyperthyroidism. I've been trying to feed the two new ones only natural cat food, but they go crazy for the "junk food" brands when I let them try it.

==========
Ok, more stuff:

Robin vs. Novak preview of match:

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinal...y-Preview.aspx

Current Standings (Notice that Robin is currently #1 in Group B because he won his match 2 sets to 0...this could be very important later in the week.)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/605/mds.pdf

Last edited by Nolby : 11-25-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 AM   #1362
country flag DanaKz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodal View Post
I like your avi picture. Once again, a cat (a big one I'm guessing) as a charm. A theme here at this time it seems. Do you own any kitties, DanaKz?
No, I don't. I love cats but my landlady doesn't allow pets in her house.
That's why my kittie live with parents right now.
About my av - it's Jo Tsonga's pendant, he allways wears it on matchs
Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #1363
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone for all the pics/interview/news/articles etc!
I cant keep up with this thread at the moment - i get home from work and theres a million new posts! its brilliant!!!

kom igen robin against nole today!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #1364
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

PS - thought id continue the cat theme and put a pic of my gorgeous little kitty in my avatar
Old 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #1365
country flag Etern

Etern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodal View Post
Hi Etern,

What newspaper do you get? I noticed several good articles and two decent editorial articles in Expressen at http://www.expressen.se/

One editorial is making the argument that Robin is making fantastic strides and could beat Fed now; the counter editorial saying this win doesn't say much about his play because Nadal's game is poor. The other paper I've looked at is Aftonbladet at http://www.aftonbladet.se/. Again, multiple articles with multiple points of view including thoughts from Stefan Edberg.

Stefan Edberg

"He has a Golden Opportunity"
Edberg impressed by Soderling

Of all the Swedish tennis star is the only Björn Borg and Stefan Edberg who won the Masters Finals.

Should Robin Soderling become the third member of the exclusive society?

- He has a gold position, "said Edberg to Sportbladet.

25-year-old from Tibro began ATP finals by beating Rafael Nadal 6-4, 6-4.

Stefan Edberg is impressed - but hardly surprised.

- It's great to win, but I'm not really surprised. Nadal has not looked so good since he came back from injury and Robin have nothing to lose. To enter the reserve is a perfect situation, "he says.

"Not inconceivable"
The former world number one believes that the victory against the Spanish world number two was just beginning to Robin Soderling show. Edberg does not exclude the Swede, who had a regular place since the knee injury Andy Roddick has postponed, win the whole tournament.

- It is not inconceivable. Chances are, even if there are many matches to be played. He continues to play at the top of his capacity, he has a gold position this week. There is no player that stands out. (Roger) Federer has not acclaimed market and (Andy) Murray can feel the pressure from the home crowd. (Novak) Djokovic is the one who has played the best. It feels like this could go really well, "says Stefan Edberg.

If Robin Soderling not win Masters Finals this year are legendary convinced that the 25-year-old West Gothlander may be new opportunities in the future.

- Yes, he has many good years ahead, "says Stefan Edberg.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6176131.ab

================

I hate to admit this, but the coverage is just miles better and more interesting in the Swedish papers. They actually analyze and break down the matches whereas the stuff you find by Reuters or even the ATP World Tour web site just report the facts and add the typical quotes that athletes make. Is there any paper you might recommend off this list or am I already looking at the best ones:

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/sweden.htm

Actually, I can find some editorial content off some blogs, like Peter Bodo published one today, but the angles are always from a Nadal fan's point of view and they paint Robin so two dimensionally that they are not worth posting here.

Bodo's first paragraph making an analogy portraying Robin as a wolf and Rafa as an elk (titled "The World Class Scowl"):

"The faces today said it all, as far as I was concerned. There was Robin Soderling, crouched low to receive Rafael Nadal's serve at match point, the trace of a smile on his lips, eyes alert and glittery in the manner of an opportunistic wolf staring at an elk calf."

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/index.html

I'm sooo sick of this crap!
Hi there!

I get Svenska Dagbladet (http://www.svd.se), it's one of the two big morning papers in Sweden. Before Robin's success they were the only newspaper that wrote about tennis in Sweden. Since they have the tradition to write about it I still think they have some of the most interesting storys about tennis in swedish media. A cute article I just found: http://www.svd.se/sportspel/nyheter/artikel_3844675.svd

For me it's nice to read about it in the swedish media because here we think Robin is more important than Nadal so most articles are from his point of view
Etern is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote