Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 73 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #1081
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

6/0 6/3 6/7(6) 7/6(6) to Federer. Robin was unlucky with the wind swirling around so much in the first two sets, but my words hasn't he grown as a player this year in so many aspects. Great match from both. Robin really opened up his shoulders in the last two sets.
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #1082
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
hi. i'm new here. i've been browsing for a soderling thread and i finally found one, thanks to KingsodaPop (soderKing in another forum). i'm a fan of both federer and soderling, and i hope no one will take offense from it. i am torn about their upcoming QF match at the US Open. But then again, i can look at it as a win-win situation. However way it ends, i suppose both players deserve respect...
To Robin and Roger!!!!!
Hello there.

No offense taken here. Roger is an incredible player which I truly enjoy watching as well. I cheered mainly for Robin tonight, but they both put on a good show, and I don't mind Roger doing well.

One can only hope Robin won't draw Fed first chance he gets at the AO.
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:41 AM   #1083
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

So, next tournamets I think are gonna be:

Kuala Lumpur then
Beijing then
Shangai Masters

GL and good rest for next 14-16 days!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #1084
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

i was at work but i had my mum giving me regular updates..
for those who saw it, was it a good match? im really glad he got a set at least
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #1085
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Robin after the match:

Wednesday, September 9, 2009
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You got off to a slow start, but your game seemed to evolve as the match progressed to the point where you put I think a pretty big concern into Roger the way you were playing. Are you happy with the way you were able to come back?

ROBIN SODERLING: It's tough to play worse than I did in the first two sets, so it could only get better.

No, I don't really like to say I played bad in respect to the opponent, but today I think the first tow sets, I mean, I didn't play that poorly in a long time.

But, yeah, again, I'm happy with the way I turned the match around. I actually had a set point to go up to two sets all.

Q. What were you able to do to turn it around? Was it more of a psychological thing?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, even after the first two sets I was thinking, you know, I can't do worse than this. (laughter.)

I tried to go for it even more, you know. I think I was putting a lot of pressure on him from the start of the third set, and it really worked.

It wasn't as windy at the end of the match than it was in the first two sets, and that helped me. I could serve a little bit better. I could go for my shots a little bit more.

Q. You went as far as you ever have in this tournament. I mean, it's a bit of a breakthrough for you.

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, it's been a good tournament. It's been a good year, even though I had some problems in the beginning of the year. But it's still a lot of tennis to be played this year, so hopefully I can stay healthy and I will have a chance to do well, I think.

Q. You talked about going for it in the fourth set tiebreak. It seemed every time you had a look at Federer's serve you were going for a winner on the return. Do you regret basically going for the winner so quickly, or was that part of the game plan, going for broke?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I think due to the circumstances, I think I played the last two sets very well. I felt like I really had to go for the shots, because the longer ‑‑ I felt like the longer the point went on, the better he played. So a lot of the points I won I won in three or two, three or four shots.

Q. When you play Roger, considering your record against him, do you feel like you have to play as if there's really nothing to lose? I mean, just go out there and give it everything you have got?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, sure. I'm pretty sure that I can beat him. Of course, it's tough, but in a match like this where I feel like I didn't play well at all, I'm still one point away from two sets all.

He's a very good player. You know, he's, to me, the best player of all time, so...

But, again, you know, for sure I feel like I have a chance every time I play against him, even though it's pretty small.

Q. You had some difficulty to read his serve and showed some frustration. That changed at the end of the second set when you were able to return many of his serves. How was it important to the outcome of the game?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, he's got a very good serve. For me, it's very tough to read his serve, and I was very impressed about the way he served during the circumstances, because it was very, very windy the first two sets. I had big problems with my serve, but he seemed to serve very good.

Q. Did you have the feeling at the end of the match you were getting tired?

ROBIN SODERLING: No, I felt good.

Q. How do you assess Roger's game compared to the meetings in Paris and in Wimbledon?

ROBIN SODERLING: He always plays well, feels like. (laughter.)

I'm really impressed by the way he played in the beginning, because again, it was very windy, and still he played very, very good.

I never played anyone who played that well in windy conditions, so he's definitely playing as well as he did in Wimbledon.

Source: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...493644578.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #1086
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the interview, Doris

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:35 AM   #1087
country flag Sexysova

Sexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond reputeSexysova has a reputation beyond repute

US Open QF: Roger Federer vs Robin Soderling

vs

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=12461#p12461

NICOLE VAIDISOVA

DJOKOVIC | GASQUET | GULBIS | FEDERER | RODDICK | STEPANEK | OTHER CZECHS

ALL MY TENNIS VIDEOS
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:49 AM   #1088
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Q. When you play Roger, considering your record against him, do you feel like you have to play as if there's really nothing to lose? I mean, just go out there and give it everything you have got?

ROBIN SODERLING: Yeah, sure. I'm pretty sure that I can beat him. Of course, it's tough, but in a match like this where I feel like I didn't play well at all, I'm still one point away from two sets all.

He's a very good player. You know, he's, to me, the best player of all time, so...

But, again, you know, for sure I feel like I have a chance every time I play against him, even though it's pretty small.
I'm loving the attitude. That's exactly the attitude to have.

BTW, still no proper sub-forum for Soderking? Disgrace.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #1089

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Go ask Carlita about that. XD
But its good people that really like him keep posting here, I can smell he got new fans since the RG run that really like his game ´n are true fans.

About the last match, I was surprised how into the match was Federer in the first set. Soda´s chances against him only will get bigger in a match if he serves really well, and he couldn´t in the first set because of the wind.

We will have a Soda-Fed final in some indoor event still this year, and I can smell a victory.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #1090
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Go ask Carlita about that. XD
But its good people that really like him keep posting here, I can smell he got new fans since the RG run that really like his game ´n are true fans.

About the last match, I was surprised how into the match was Federer in the first set. Soda´s chances against him only will get bigger in a match if he serves really well, and he couldn´t in the first set because of the wind.

We will have a Soda-Fed final in some indoor event still this year, and I can smell a victory.
He has grown on me, it was mostly when I saw his Wimbledon match against Federer though. I noticed how he hits very hard but it looks like quite effortless power.

I think Soderling and Verdasco have a lot in common this year. Both made unusually great slam runs and have since justified with very consistent results.

Going back to the Wimbledon match against Federer he also hit a forehand winner off a Federer serve that reminded me of Serena Williams. He should go for that more often.

Last edited by TVTennis : 09-12-2009 at 04:10 AM.
FlameOn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:04 AM   #1091
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also jumped on the wagon to maintain its balance as it sped up, sort of makes sense the way I did it.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:12 AM   #1092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
I also jumped on the wagon to maintain its balance as it sped up, sort of makes sense the way I did it.
His new mental fortitude comes from the new n´old fans thinking good things to him. The humble man is finding new strenght.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see new year how things will happen to him, and Verdasco, and Tsonga also that didn´t have a great year (can he recover?), but I am sure Söderling is still very focused in the end of the year cause he loves indoor so we might still see good things in the next 2 months.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #1093
country flag FlameOn

Quote:
His new mental fortitude comes from the new n´old fans thinking good things to him. The humble man is finding new strenght.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see new year how things will happen to him, and Verdasco, and Tsonga also that didn´t have a great year (can he recover?), but I am sure Söderling is still very focused in the end of the year cause he loves indoor so we might still see good things in the next 2 months.
I'm a bit worried about Verdasco. Soderling had a solid but not great start to the year, so at the beginning of the year he has the potential to win plenty of points. Verdasco on the other hand - final in Brisbane, Semifinal at Australian Open, QFs of all the hard-court MS events . It's gonna take a miracle to defend all those points.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #1094
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

dammit, i was hoping the US open would launch him into the top 10 but no, he sitting at number 11

10 Simon, Gilles (FRA) 3,090 -1
11 Soderling, Robin (SWE) 3,015 +1
12 Gonzalez, Fernando (CHI) 2,885 -1
Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #1095

There´s again another interview at ATPTOUR with Robin.
Too much attention- might be bad, might be good.
Might convince him he is a full force now?