Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 68 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #1006
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

Youzhnyu will be really tough he will try to make his comeback at hard court swing which suits him well.
Gonna be very hard to Söderling, even more now that Youz leads H-H 1-0.
But since Soda is confident and he probably will enjoy a chalenge match, I predict 66% chances of winning.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #1007
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

ewwww Lets GO KenDO. I can hear it as clear as that day

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #1008
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

[5] R Soderling (SWE) d M Youzhny (RUS) 63 61. Next up Gicquel.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #1009

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope talent goes over ball bashing tomorrow.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #1010
country flag KingSodaPop

KingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond repute

It is amazing Robin doesn't have his own Forum yet with the 20-4 run since Madrid (3 losses to Fed). I see an old poll on this forum that voted in favor of him getting his own Forum quite awhile ago. When will this amazing talent and personality get some respect from the fans and this board? He is the #12 player in the world and rising rapidly! It is time for a new poll to the administrators to create a Robin Soderling Forum. This seems like common sense at the moment.

I don't think Del Potro knows what he is in for tomorrow. King Sod has been playing his best matches against top players not named "Federer" for the past 4 months and has been steam rolling quite a few (Youzny latest victim who had a career H2H advantage entering match; I'll never forget how he steamrolled Davydenko in the FO (6-1, 6-3, 6-1). Play with conviction tomorrow, Robin! This is the kind of match you've been thriving in lately!

Last edited by KingSodaPop : 08-07-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Didn't make clear where I saw the "Soderling Forum" poll.
KingSodaPop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #1011
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Preaching to the converted
I think many people are still stuck in the past, you know, when Robin was new on tour and came across as an ignorant jerk =). At least there's a good portion of us now, who can see the good in him, not to mention his talent.

Welcome to MTF

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #1012
country flag KingSodaPop

KingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Preaching to the converted
I think many people are still stuck in the past, you know, when Robin was new on tour and came across as an ignorant jerk =). At least there's a good portion of us now, who can see the good in him, not to mention his talent.

Welcome to MTF
Thank you!!

He has always been a player I've watched, but he has become my favorite player to watch since I watched, downloaded and rewatched the match versus Nadal in this year's French Open. Then I did research and found he had been decisively beating people (other than Fed) for months including Simon, Andreev, Ferrer, Rainer Schüttler(6-0, 6-0), Sam Querrey (6-2, 6-2), etc. I made certain I watched his next match against Davydenko and that had to be the most startling performance for a player against another "hot" player I've witnessed in some time. Davydenko had just dispatched Fernando Verdasco in straight sets in the previous round, making the result all the more amazing. Then I read about the fact he has been injured so often when he was doing well, and how fitness and meditation to work on his mental game with Magnus Norman was transforming him into this "revelevatory" player at 24.

But it was watching those matches, and his next great match against Fernando Gonzalez, who had only lost 1 set to Andy Murray coming into the Semi-Finals that convinced me this guy had amazing talent, and his game is so fun to watch when he is on. I love the way he takes control of points, and paints the lines and the corners. He would almost remind me of Sampras if he played a Serve and Volley type game; but his way of gradually coming into the net as he dictates play, the cat and mouse chess tactics he uses, makes him unique in my opinion and extremely fun to watch (kind of like an in-form Nalbandian is fun to watch).

All the ignorant critics and the doubters think he is only rising because of his one match against Nadal, and say he is just a player that pummels the ball. They obviously are not watching, don't want to watch, or made up their minds years ago. I think he is a very mental and thoughtful player, and gets a bad rap for being an introvert. I think it is cool that he puts his towel over his head so he can block out distractions and focus, that he is his own person and doesn't just act phoney for the press. I think it is great that an introvert like Robin is finally finding himself and the results of this transformation are great for fans of tennis who like watching intriguing players with their own style. If he beats Del Potro today (and that is a BIG "if" since Del Potro also is becoming a great player), I think maybe that could be a turning point in the "one match/GS wonder" theorists. I am really hoping for a win today, not because I don't like Del Potro, who I like fine, but because I want to see Robin continue to grow his confidence so the fantastic game he brings to the court can continue to mature.

Last edited by KingSodaPop : 08-07-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: gramatical errors; stat fact error
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #1013

Carlita (the moderator) said they didn´t took any decision yet about the forum . Actually if something is blocking the forum is because Söderling didn´t have many regular posters and the thread still doesn´t have many posts (but since F0 it has increases considerably- to reach 2000 until the end of the year would cenrtainly help).
Popularity isn´t exaclty what Soda needs, but good fans who can cheer for him because of his tennis and his personality and that aren´t so limited in intelligence to believe in the first emotions they have about someone.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #1014
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Popularity isn´t exaclty what Soda needs, but good fans who can cheer for him because of his tennis and his personality and that aren´t so limited in intelligence to believe in the first emotions they have about someone.
I believe I'm able to meet all these minimum requirements.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #1015
country flag KingSodaPop

Thanks for the explanation! Yea, it did seem as though the subject was just left hanging with no conclusion.

Ok, I just read on the Legg Mason website that Robin has decided to forfeit his match today with Del Potro due to an elbow injury he was feeling during the warm-ups. This is bad news and I hope he recovers in time for the Rogers Masters Cup, Cincy Masters Cup and U.S. Open.

I'll go ahead and say what anyone else is probably theorizing. When Robin made his schedule in the Spring, he probably did not think he would be a Finalist at the French Open, have his best career result at Wimbledon (losing to Federer in 4th Round), and win the Catella Swedish Open. I know he was sick with the flu between FO and hadn't fully recovered when he began Wimbledon. He also won three ARAG Team matches right before the FO.

All the players that go deep in tournaments either play no tourneys from Wimbledon to the Masters Rogers Cup (i.e. Federer, Djokovic, Murray, and this was a good time to leave for Nadal), or play just one local or ATP 500 event (i.e. Del Potro, Roddick, Tsonga, Gonzalez, etc.). The exception is that workaholic Davydenko who stays in the Top 5 every year by out playing everyone else. Ok, Robin's schedule for the summer is somewhat reflective of a player who doesn't expect to go to the Finals all the time with multiple smaller tourney's before the Rogers Masters Cup next week. In August throuh September 13th, there are 2 1000 point Master's events (Rogers Cup in Montreal, Cincy Masters) and the U.S. Open Grand Slam. These are all played within the space of a month.

If I am Robin, and I don't feel 100%, and I know if I play my heart out against Del Potro today, I will have to play Fernando Gonzalez in the Semis(who it took 5 tough sets to beat in Semis of FO) as he already beat Haas earlier today and will get the winner of the Soderling/Del Potro match and then probably have to play Roddick in the Finals in an ATP 500 with the Roger's Cup looming next week, would winning this tournament and possibly sabotaging the two Masters events and U.S. Open be worth it? If I think there is a good possibility I will go far in all 3 big events that I would conserve my engery and my health as the other Top 10 players (besides Davydenko) have done to give myself the best chance to be fresh.

This is the first tourney Roddick, Del Potro and Gonzalez have played since Wimbledon. This is the third one Robin has played. It makes sense that he should be very careful right now not to burn himself out. It is good he got in two hard court matches to get his feet wet. I am sad to not be able to see the Del Potro match today, but look at the injury as a possible blessing in disguise if he is 100% by the time the Rogers Cup begins.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #1016
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

Robin is out...of the quarters..and seriously can miss Us Open with elbow trouble...would be very sad for him...he was so good in shape...

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #1017
country flag KingSodaPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-swede View Post
Robin is out...of the quarters..and seriously can miss Us Open with elbow trouble...would be very sad for him...he was so good in shape...
Did you read a news source that states it is serious enough that he may miss the 2 Masters Events and the U.S. Open this month? I can only find articles with very general information on the injury. If this is so, this is terrible news.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #1018
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Robin practising with Marin Cilic at Legg Mason Classic

Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #1019
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a Swedish article about Robins injury:

His father supposes that Robin will need about 10 days of rest (which would mean he will miss the TMS in Montreal next week) and treatment with cortison.
His father also says that the big goal for the rest of the season are the US Open and that Robin will be fine again until that

Söderling skadad - inför US Open
Tennisstjärnan Robin Söderling får ingen perfekt uppladdning inför US open i slutet av augusti.
På fredagen kände han av en skada i armbågen och tvingades lämna återbud till kvartsfinalen i Washingtons ATP-turnering.

På torsdagen tvingades Söderling till tre set mot fransmannen Marc Gicquel (7–5, 5–7, 6–3) och hade för ont i armen för att ställa upp för spel mot den argentinske världssexan Juan Martin del Potro i fredagens kvartsfinal.
Troligen rör det sig om en tillfällig överansträngning, så kallad tennisarmbåge.
- Jag skulle gissa att det rör sig om tio dagars vila och behandling med kortison, säger Robin Söderlings pappa Bo Söderling till TT.
Inga risker

I så fall blir det inget spel i nästa veckas turnering i Montreal och eventuellt är även Cincinatti i farozonen veckan därpå, tävlingar som världstolvan tänkt spela för att vässa hardcourt-formen inför US open, årets sista grand slam-tävling som börjar 31 augusti.
- US open är huvudmålet för resten av säsongen, men till dess kommer Robin att bli bra igen. Han tar inga risker i nuläget, säger Bo Söderling.
Genombrott

Säsongen 2009 har inneburit något av ett genombrott för svensk tennis klarast lysande stjärna som i maj blev först med att besegra Rafael Nadal i Franska mästerskapen och som därefter tog sig ända fram till final, där han emellertid föll i tre raka set mot schweizaren Roger Federer.
I juli tog den snart 25-årige svensken hem karriärens första grustitel när han vann Båstads ATP-turnering.

Source: Expressen.se

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #1020
country flag KingSodaPop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post
Here is a Swedish article about Robins injury:

His father supposes that Robin will need about 10 days of rest (which would mean he will miss the TMS in Montreal next week) and treatment with cortison.
His father also says that the big goal for the rest of the season are the US Open and that Robin will be fine again until that

Söderling skadad - inför US Open
Tennisstjärnan Robin Söderling får ingen perfekt uppladdning inför US open i slutet av augusti.
På fredagen kände han av en skada i armbågen och tvingades lämna återbud till kvartsfinalen i Washingtons ATP-turnering.

På torsdagen tvingades Söderling till tre set mot fransmannen Marc Gicquel (7–5, 5–7, 6–3) och hade för ont i armen för att ställa upp för spel mot den argentinske världssexan Juan Martin del Potro i fredagens kvartsfinal.
Troligen rör det sig om en tillfällig överansträngning, så kallad tennisarmbåge.
- Jag skulle gissa att det rör sig om tio dagars vila och behandling med kortison, säger Robin Söderlings pappa Bo Söderling till TT.
Inga risker

I så fall blir det inget spel i nästa veckas turnering i Montreal och eventuellt är även Cincinatti i farozonen veckan därpå, tävlingar som världstolvan tänkt spela för att vässa hardcourt-formen inför US open, årets sista grand slam-tävling som börjar 31 augusti.
- US open är huvudmålet för resten av säsongen, men till dess kommer Robin att bli bra igen. Han tar inga risker i nuläget, säger Bo Söderling.
Genombrott

Säsongen 2009 har inneburit något av ett genombrott för svensk tennis klarast lysande stjärna som i maj blev först med att besegra Rafael Nadal i Franska mästerskapen och som därefter tog sig ända fram till final, där han emellertid föll i tre raka set mot schweizaren Roger Federer.
I juli tog den snart 25-årige svensken hem karriärens första grustitel när han vann Båstads ATP-turnering.

Source: Expressen.se
Thanks so much for the news! That isn't disastrous; which is a relief.

The Rogers Cup Masters that he will be missing couldn't have given him a worse draw if they had tried:

http://www3.rogerscup.com/men/english/PDF/MDS.pdf

He does not get a first round bye, his first round opponent would have been Philipp Kohlschreiber. I saw an interview during the French open, I think in this thread, where he was asked who is his toughest match-up besides Roger Federer, and he replied that it was Philipp Kohlschreiber who he felt he always had a difficult time with. He didn't mention any other players. If he had won that match, he would have the winner of the Victor Henesku/Jurgen Melzner match in the Second Round, and since Del Potro has an all Qualifier section to the third round, he would almost certainly met Del Potro again. And to top it off, he is in Nadal's Quarter, so that stress would be looming as well since Nadal hasn't played since their match. If one has to get injured and be out for 10 days, this doesn't look like a bad time to have it happen.