Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #646
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

ahhh, reminiscing. i can only hope that i will get to go back to bastad one day.
great victory for jonas and robin - i would have particularly loved to see the semi final against tojo/simon but i wouldnt have known who to go for!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #647
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige View Post
Robin won the doubles in Bĺstad together with Jonas

I will post some pictures here as soon as I find time
Sorry for the delay... I tend to go off tennis a tiny bit after a grand slam LOL. This is fantastic news =) Am glad that one of his last tournament wins, very likely the last, was at home.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #648
country flag Fired Up!
Those who fight.

Fired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I Robin, he is so great.

Where is he playing next?

Novak Djokovic - Stanislas Wawrinka
Fired Up! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #649
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Biofile: The Robin Soderling Interview

By Scoop Malinowski
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Robin Soderling
© Getty Images

One of Robin Soderling's fondest tennis memories dates back to the day he faced Stefan Edberg, Magnus Larsson and Pete Sampras in succession — and watched intently as each man made his mark in Soderling's psyche.

"My first memory from tennis is actually when I was in Sweden and I went to, I think it was Gothenborg and I watched Sweden play the U.S. in Davis Cup. That's maybe my first memory from tennis," Soderling recalls. "And it was very fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Yeah I was there. I didn't even really remember who was playing but I enjoyed it a lot. The big arena, the big crowd, I was running around there collecting autographs. So it was really a nice memory. I think I have Edberg and Larsson (autographs) at home. And I also think I have one from Sampras as well."

A dangerous player indoors because he can serve big and generate substantial pace off his fast, flat ground strokes, Soderling reached successive indoor finals in Rotterdam and Memphis in February beating Marcos Baghdatis, Fernando Verdasco, Andreas Seppi, Gilles Simon, Andy Roddick and Radek Stepanek along the way.

The 49th-ranked Swede owns two career tournament titles — the 2004 Lyon and 2005 Milan — and has scored wins over Nikolay Davydenko, Richard Gasquet and David Ferrer.

Scoop Malinowski caught up with Soderling for this Biofile interview.

Height/Weight: 6-foot-3, 180 pounds.

Born On: August 14, 1984 in Tibro, Sweden.

Tennis Inspirations: "When I was younger I liked to watch a lot of tennis, I watch a lot of matches. But I didn't really have a hero. Of course I liked the Swedes. But I think I liked more the game."

Hobbies/Interests: "I like to watch sports on TV. Especially I like to watch table tennis — my dad used to play. And I like the sport, it's a fun game. Also ice hockey and soccer."

Nicknames: "No, not that I know [smiles]."

Favorite Movies: "My favorites are Gladiator and Scarface [smiles]."

Favorite TV Shows: "No, I'm traveling a lot. I cannot watch that many TV shows. I liked to watch TV shows when I was younger back home in Sweden."

Musical Tastes: "I like a lot of music. Almost everything. Like to listen to music, so almost everything."

Early Tennis Memory: "My first memory from tennis is actually when I was in Sweden and I went to, I think it was Gothenborg and I watched Sweden play the U.S. in Davis Cup. That's maybe my first memory from tennis. And it was very fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Yeah I was there. I didn't even really remember who was playing but I enjoyed it a lot. The big arena, the big crowd, I was running around there collecting autographs. So it was really a nice memory. (Which autographs did you get?) I think I have Edberg and Larsson at home. And I also think I have one from Sampras as well."

Pre-Match Feeling: "I'm often a little bit nervous before the match. Because I think you have to be a little bit nervous to perform your best. But I got used to it. You know, you play a lot of matches. When I was — a couple of years ago — I'd get very angry and sad after I lost the match. But now maybe one hour after match I start focusing on the next tournament. You know, that's what you have to do."

Favorite Meal: "I like spaghetti with meatballs."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Chocolate."

Current Car: "BMW (silver)."

Greatest Sports Moment: "For me...first ATP title in Lyon (defeated Xavier Malisse in 2004). And when I won the Swedish championships for juniors when I was 11. That was a great feeling. I think I won the final 4 and 4. And I was very happy after that match. It was the first time I played the Swedish championships and I won it so I was very happy."

Most Painful Moment: "It's actually when I lost 7-6 against Fish in the final in the Stockholm Open (2003)."

Closest ATP Friends: "It's the Swedish players. I'm a good friend with all the Swedes. We all like to hang out together and they're all nice guys."

Funniest Players Encountered: "Funniest...ooooh, that's a tough one. Safin, he's funny. He's always relaxed, I think he has a laid back attitude and he's not taking too seriously. He's very funny guy."

Toughest Competitors: "Everyone. I played Srichaphan two times and he killed me both times. Before he became injured he was a really good player."

Funny Tennis Memory: "Don't remember. I'm not sure."

People Qualities Most Admired: "People that are nice. Especially in tennis, as I said about Safin. He's not taking it too seriously. But he of course, people likes to win and practice hard but then they're not taking it too seriously. It's not life and death."

Source: http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fulls...newsid=6614454
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #650
country flag SwedSerbia

SwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond reputeSwedSerbia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

KOM IGEN! Söderling Lindell Ymer Windahl
SwedSerbia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:22 PM   #651
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you sooooooooo much for posting this interview, Doris

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 AM   #652
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

I took some pics of Robin from his match against Djokovic

And last but not least my favorite pic, I love Robin's serve

FUck Fuck

Idiot Idiot

John

you shit Isner

I hate you
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #653
country flag Chris-swede

Chris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond reputeChris-swede has a reputation beyond repute

lost to Kohlschreiber today...8-10 in 3rd set tiebreak...never lost his serve today but lost the match...

Joachim Johansson * Andreas Vinciguerra* Jonas Björkman* ToJo* Robin Söderling* Oliver Rochus* Christope Rochus* Jarkko Nieminen* Fernando Gonzalez* Feliciano Lopez*Igor Andreev*Catalin Gard*Kristof Vliegen*Kristian Pless*Kenneth Carlsen*Juan Ignacio Chela*Steve Darcis*Kevin Anderson*Henri Kontinen*Henri Laaksonen*Daniel Berta*Rik de Voest*Niels Desein*Fernando Verdasco*Arthur de Greef*'David Goffin*Yannik Reuter*Erling Tveit*Devin Britton*Micke Kontinen*Christian Lindell*Erling Tveit*Robbye Poole*Henri Laaksonen*
Chris-swede is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:20 AM   #654
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't we ask for a Robin Soderling forum? I saw the announcement about creating new player forums and I think Robin deserves his own. Should we create a poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #655
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

yeah id vote for that!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #656
country flag songo

songo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond reputesongo has a reputation beyond repute

songo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #657
country flag eva11

eva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond reputeeva11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx!!! Nice picture!!!
what is it on his neck?? is it some kind of coulomb, or a ring?
eva11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #658
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

ok, I created the poll. Vote here everyone http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:41 AM   #659
country flag swedes_rule

kom igen robin in the stockholm final!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #660
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

kom igen!
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote