Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 155 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #2311
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

I hope he doesn't rush things, but I do hope he will come back this season. Just to play some matches, test himself to know where he stands. Like Potro did at the end of 2010.
Next season is almost half a year away, that is loooooong.
Ad Wim is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #2312
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I will try to be back on the match court as soon as I can.

About as definitive a statement as he could give at this stage .
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #2313
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

He gives similar statements from the beginning of the disease, nothing new.

To be honest, I don't like the fact that his physio Ali is now working with Daniela Hantuchova in Cincinnati(probably Ali was invited by Pistolesi) I like Daniela, but this does mean that Robin is still far from returning to the court.
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #2314
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

True, he has said this before. But in the past people wondered if he was giving up, it's good to hear once in a while that he's still battling on .
Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #2315
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

If he'd given up the season I'm sure he would just say "I'm gonna try to be back 2013" just to end all the speculation and get media/fans off his back. So to me this shows he still aims for a comeback this season. I think Stockholm Open makes a lot of sense for many reasons.

1) Best preparation possible. He could practice on centre court weeks ahead if he wants to. The organizers gonna favor him because of being swedish and his big importance for the tournament. Ryderstedt or some other good practice buddy he knows will no doubt get a WC and can match practice with Robin any time he wants.

2) Knows the tournament director personally. Robin probably still feels bad about missing last year. Both ticket sales and overall interest in the tournament hangs a lot on him. But he will ofc also get anything he asks for in terms of facilities etc.

3) It's not that much left of the season. His protected ranking will still be enough for Brisbane, AO, Rotterdam, Marseilles where he did so great the past seasons. Even if he fails in 2012 he doesn't risk much for 2013.

4) Probably a little used to the father role by then as the child is expected in september. Doubt he goes all Bryan Bro crazy about it and brings the baby everywhere but you never know with these things.

5). It's the indoor part of the season so he doesn't risk "embarrassing" himself by getting routined or even bageled/breadsticked. His serve alone will keep sets close even in losses. He can also keep rallies short and get some confidence rolling for next year

6) Gets a chance to see how his body measures up playing daily and pushing himself. If he gets a reaction he can make a better call about 2013 or even call it career and not wasting time preparing an entire off-season
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #2316
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

All in all, it looks Stockholm Open is the best choice...
Old 08-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #2317
country flag FlameOn

Maybe he should start with doubles. Obviously their situations aren't the same but that's what Sharapova started with her return from shoulder surgery.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #2318
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe. Have no doubt he would make an amazing doubles player if he went for it. His serves, returns and overall shotmaking has always been the strongpoints. Never been a good mover or defender and his volley is underrated. Good match for the doubles tour.

I'm sure Robin still got all focus on singles however. Making it back into top20 won't be easy. I agree 100% with a swedish expert that said: "If Robin want's to do a relevant comeback he got to do it early 2013 at the latest. After that it's pretty much over. I don't think Soderling is the type of guy that would be ok with playing challengers (or even futures). I definitely don't want to see Soderling doing a Borg and attempt a comeback at 32-33 somewhere.

Either end of this season, early next season, or never imo
Old 08-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #2319
country flag FlameOn

Oh Maria didn't keep playing doubles, she just played her first match back as a doubles to test the waters.

Agree on the rest though. Robin's gotta do it while he's still young .
Old 09-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #2320
country flag MaxPower

I'm less concerned with the age, this time off means his wrist and foot injury from 2011 are fully healed. I'm more concerned if Robin can find the same commitment to tennis he once had. He was like a maniac spending so much time in the gym and on the practice courts.

Every month that goes by he gets further away from that life and further into a new life outside of tennis. In WTA it worked for stars to do comebacks at 75-80% commitment but ATP is much more competitive. It has to be 100% or the comeback will fail
Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #2321
country flag MaxPower

Just saw that he's with his coach again. Good sign! I hope!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #2322
country flag superganon

superganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/soder...88/story.shtml
superganon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #2323
country flag FlameOn

Great news!
Old 09-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #2324
country flag AZ-12

AZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy for at least somewhat good news although I realize it might be a long way to go still for Robin. But because I'm happy (and the article was really short ) I will translate the text from eurosport for those that doesn't read swedish. Here it is:

Robin Soderling is approaching a comeback. The former world number four has not played a match in more than one year. "Hi is improving" says the swedish DC-Captain Thomas Enqvist. Enqvist continously speaks with Soderling, and has been given positive signs from the Swedish star. The Davic Cup Captain says that possibly Soderling will make a comeback after new year. "He is improving. It is hard for him to give s time schedule, but I hope and believe that the next season will be a full one" says Enqvist. Due to mononucleosis Soderling has not played a match since the previous summer.
AZ-12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #2325
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why the Enquist's words have caused all this excitement. He just hopes. Another good sign? seriously?

By the way, his words from an article (sverigesradio.se, January 2012 !!!):

– Jag pratar med Robin ganska så ofta, det som är svårt med det här är att ge någon tidsplan. Det är på bättringsvägen och han mår mycket bättre, men jag kan inte säga om han kan spela om en månad eller om det tar två veckor, tillägger Enqvist.
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote