Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 148 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #2206
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

he will come back

he will...

C'mon Robin!

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #2207
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Confirmed no Estoril, Monte Carlo or Barcelona for Robin. Expected.

Small small slimmer of hope for Madrid and Rome but ah well. It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
A mono is not a valuable reason to retire at the age of 26. It must be something else, don't know why but mono is far, far behind him now
Haven't this been explained already? what about Ancic that was still suffering mono-outbreaks 2 years after . He was even younger than Robin when this happened (they are the same age actually)
As long as people don't get stupid and jump on rumors like the doping conspiracy story it's alright but mono can be a bitch and once Soderling got sick it felt like either comeback in a month or a long term nightmare. Sadly it became the latter.

I think he will try a comeback just like Ancic did. Question is when and how it turns out. But I'm 95% convinced we will see him play again
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #2208
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Ancic didn't retire because of mono but because of a chronic back problem. Moreover it's not impossible to suffer mono outbreaks 2 years after. When a mono is over, it's over definively, believe me I had it, it's nothing more than a sore throat. So please, stop telling Ancic retired because of mono, it's not true. Robin could have another more serious virus than mono ?
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #2209
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

your mono case is not equal Robin's case, can you understand?you was lucky, but he does not.Many people suffering from mono for six months or more, and told that it was a real nightmare.moreover, don't compare your normal life with loads of professional athletes,it's stupid.Robin can live a normal life, and if he was, for example, a clerk, he would have forgotten about the effects of disease some months ago.
and yes, mono was one of the reasons for Ancic's retirement . Not single, but one of the reasons.
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #2210
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

just noticed Soderling sent this on twitter some days ago

Quote:
Robin Söderling ‏ @RSoderling
@andyroddick Well done Andy. Great stuff!
They probably have a pact against Federer considering the H2Hs
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #2211
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Swedes use centre ahead of Olympics

Published on Monday 19 March 2012 12:00

EASTBOURNE is looking forward to welcoming the Swedish Olympic tennis team this summer as they choose the south coast destination for their official Pre-2012 Games Training Camp.

The International Lawn Tennis Centre (ILTC), an official 2012 training venue and home of the AEGON International Tennis Championships, will be used by four Swedish players and their captains in the days leading up to the 2012 Games.

The team, which includes Johanna Larsson, Sofia Arvidsson, Robert Lindstedt and Robin Söderling, two times French Open finalist, will practise on the show courts at the ILTC in Eastbourne’s Devonshire Park as well as make use of the state-of-the-art Sports Science Centre at the University of Brighton.

Councillor Neil Stanley said, “We are absolutely delighted that the Swedish Olympic tennis team has chosen to train here in Eastbourne for the biggest sporting event this country has ever seen.

“The International Lawn Tennis Centre hosts players from across the globe each year for the AEGON International Tennis Championships just before Wimbledon.

“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to host the Swedish team here in the days just before the 2012 Games.

“I am confident Eastbourne will give them a world class welcome.”

The Swedish tennis team visited Eastbourne in January to view the training facilities at the seaside destination, including the cutting edge fitness suite at the Eastbourne campus of the University of Brighton.

With Eastbourne just 90 minutes from London by train and with close links to Gatwick, the town proved a hit with the team, who are all expected to compete at the Olympic Games this summer.

The Swedish tennis team will train in Eastbourne for four days leading up to the 2012 Games Opening Ceremony, staying in town in late July.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #2212
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

It was planned in January, Jonathan. it's unlikely that this option is still relevant for Robin.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #2213
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
It was planned in January, Jonathan. it's unlikely that this option is still relevant for Robin.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #2214
country flag AgnRus

Robin out from Madrid Open.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #2215
country flag MaxPower

After Rome his ranking will be true crap.

Anyway about the olympics: Lindstedt (current top10 doubles player) has yet to announce his doubles partner. Aspelin (silver medalist together with Johansson in Beijing 2008) has quit and so has Johansson obviously. Lindstedt played doubles with Soderling before including reaching a final and they know each other pretty well.

I think there is a small possibility if Robin isn't recovered enough for singles by the olympics he will at least play the doubles together with Lindstedt. I got a feeling Lindstedt really wants that and with Robins big serve and big returns it could work out. Doubles is much less demanding.

Not want to get anyones hopes up but yes last time I heard Lindstedt talking about his future partner he for the olympics he sounded so mysterious I can only interpret that as he wants to wait for Soderling. We'll see

I remember this classic point

Olympics is only every 4 years so I do think that he might give doubles a shot and maybe make the singles comeback in a smaller tournament like Bĺstad.

Obviously I hope he comes back for singles for RG but have to be realistic here

Last edited by MaxPower : 04-12-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #2216
country flag AgnRus

big serve and big returns? forget about it until the times when he will recover completely.
I'm wondering why people, reading that the main problem of Robin is the weakness and the lack of energy, continue to think that his serve remains the same as before the illness.

Great point in this video, by the way.Dima and Misha are my favorites too (besides, they are my countrymen ), but in this match I was so happy for Robin .
Old 04-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #2217
country flag AZ-12

AZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking any opportunity for something positive, so just a sign indicating that Robert and Robin plays doubles in the olympics is good news to me. If it turns out to be the first competitive match for him, I agree that the level wouldn't likely be very high, but just to see Robin back in action would be great - even if losing badly in the first round.
AZ-12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #2218
country flag MaxPower

Quote:
In the doubles competitions, twenty four teams will automatically qualify as per the rankings on 11 June 2012, subject to a maximum of two teams per nation. Players in the top ten of the doubles rankings can reserve a place, provided they have a partner to compete with. The remaining eight teams will be decided by the ITF's Olympic Committee.
Meaning that unless Lindstedt breaks into the top10 (just noticed he slipped to 11) his only choice might be getting Soderling as they would surely get one of the 8 remaning spots.

But yeah I agree with AZ-12 it would be cool to see him in action even if they lose the 1st round. Olympics is only every 4 years. Slams? 4 every year.

Last time Soderlings big fail in the Beijing Olympics (straight-seted by Gilles Simon) left him very very disappointed. It was one of the main reasons together with the USO fail that he broke with his coach and got Magnus Norman as coach.

Next chance he will be 31. I'm still hoping for a miracle
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #2219
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

I welcome him having a go at Olympics doubles. Nothing to lose, at least for him.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #2220
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Watch it be Prpic

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote