Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 142 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #2116
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

He is getting better ... and better .... and better ... But he's still not ready to play ... all the same news for six months ... I'm starting to doubt that he is once again will play....seriously

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsi...rtikel=4937712
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #2117
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

don't say that, please

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:48 AM   #2118
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

OH NO

Nothing new except the picture..
Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #2119
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunzhewyq View Post

Nothing new except the picture..
This is an old photo from 2009, when he withdrew from the Stockholm's tournament before the semi-final match against Baghdatis.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...t=4756&page=81
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #2120
country flag AZ-12

AZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond repute

It does really sound bad when the reporter writes something like "he has not yet been able to make the hard effort that is required to get back to the highest level", implying that he still doesn't feel recovered from the mono. But I'm usually a positive guy, and if possible I want to avoid such interpretations. One possibility could be that the reporter confuses the fact that he is not back to a level where it feels meaningful to compete with not being recovered from the desease. Robin himself should of course know the difference, but maybe he has reasons to say "I'm not feeling fully recovered" rather than "I'm not back to a competetive level yet". Maybe it could be related to some rules governing how to use the protected ranking system? Or rules regarding punishments for withdrawing from tournaments? I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking for a good interpretation in vain and the situation is just as bad as it sounds.
AZ-12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #2121
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-12 View Post
Maybe it could be related to some rules governing how to use the protected ranking system? Or rules regarding punishments for withdrawing from tournaments?
Unfortunately not. Robin can to use the protected ranking system, but he does not need it. His ranking is high enough to get into the main draws, and he can always get a wild card if he wants.

Rules about protected ranking system :

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-FAQ.aspx

A. A player may petition the Executive Chairman & President for an Entry Protection when he is physically injured and does not compete in any tennis event for a minimum period of six months. The written petition must be received within six months of his last tournament.

The Entry Protection shall be a position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings, as determined by the player's average South African Airways ATP Rankings position during the first three months of his injury. The Entry Protection shall be for entry into the main draw or qualifying competition or for special exempt consideration. The Entry Protection shall not be used for seeding purposes, Lucky Loser consideration or for entry into the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

The Entry Protection shall be in effect for either the first nine tournaments that the player competes in using the Entry Protection (excluding wild cards and entries as a Direct Acceptance with his current position in the South African Airways ATP Rankings) or for the period up to nine months beginning with the first tennis event that the player competes in, whichever occurs first.

and he will get another penalty for Rotterdam, alas....

Last edited by AgnRus : 01-31-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #2122
country flag AZ-12

AZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond reputeAZ-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok AgnRus, you are right that it is probably not anything related to a protected ranking, but I'll make a new attempt for a somewhat positive interpretation of the situation: Maybe he might feel a bit bad for not playing some of the early tournamnents mentioned, where he was signed, and for not playing Davis Cup. Let us assume that he might have been a little bit careless and said things like "If I'm healthy I will play" to either Thomas Enqvist or some of the tournament organizers. When the level of play does not come as fast for him as he hoped, the previous promises seemed like a stupid thing to make, and he resort to a white lie. I think it is white lie because I don't think anyone benefit much from seing Robin back early just to loose 6-3,6-2 to players ranked around 100.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #2123
country flag AgnRus

Anders,I don't quite understand. If he is not ready to play (and he obviously is not ready), what kind of lies are you talking about?

I'm just saying, if after 7 months of absence, he still is not ready to play, if the effects of the disease so disastrous for his body, not the fact that he will be ready to play at a high level ever at all.

He can get 3-6 2-6 or something like this from players ranked around 100 in Indian Wells or Miami or somewhere else. I don't think Robin is afraid to lose.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #2124
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

I think that article was good news. Enqvist clearly said he's been talking with him frequently and he says "I can't say if it will take a month or 2 weeks". It's also clearly stated that "once he gets back, he must be ready to play the full season"

It's a known fact that in most sports with a long season the players do 2-3 months of very intense training (usually during summer for hockey and soccer) so the body is prepared once the season starts. Tennis players have it differently but the same rules apply. They must prepare beforehand.

Once the season gets going I think most players don't do that very hard build up training. More light training and rest between tournaments. Probably Robin wants to be ready to play just like normally and follow his normal routines. Not do some kind of special year where he plays Rotterdam, takes a month off, plays some clay, take a month off etc
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #2125
country flag AZ-12

Of course I'm just speculating. But naturally we can all agree that if he really still feels any effects from the mono, not just the lack of practice, then it is terribly bad news. On the other hand, if he just wants to wait with ATP-competition until he has at least a small chance to win, then maybe the situation is not so bad.

Thus I'm looking for reasons to support the latter interpretation, but naturally it is plain guesswork. So the way I speculate is like this: If people want him to play earlier than he is comfortable with (for whatever reason), the easiest way to stop any persuasion attempts for an early comeback is to say that he is still not fully recovered, even if he just feels he need more practice.

And another way to find a glimpse of light in the article is the time-scale mentioned by Thomas Enqvist, as pointed out by MaxPower. Hopefully Enqvist knows Robin's status a bit better than he admits, in which case the comeback likely should be before Indian wells. I guess a comeback in Marseille is still not ruled out?
Old 01-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #2126
country flag AgnRus

Yes, officially he is still in Marseille's list yet
But...do you think for a week after Rotterdam's start a situation will cardinally change?

As for me to prepare for only one small indoors tournament , then to fly on other continent where he should play more important tournaments in another surface, silly enough. Looks illogically. It was meaningful, if he planned to play at least a couple indoors tournaments , but only one?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #2127
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Many of news which we mean good news sound like so official,"he is getting better"..but, in fact, he cannot train in full time with the high level.

no news or new update from twitter and facebook..
Old 02-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #2128
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
..but, in fact, he cannot train in full time with the high level.
This is not a fact, Jonathan. We just don't know where and how he trains now.
Maybe he's already practicing with a full load, let's hope so.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #2129
country flag sunzhewyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
This is not a fact, Jonathan. We just don't know where and how he trains now.
Maybe he's already practicing with a full load, let's hope so.
Well, so you mean maybe what we are waiting is just a tournament which he will choice to play?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #2130
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Well, so you mean maybe what we are waiting is just a tournament which he will choice to play?
we are waiting for the tournament, which he will be ready to play. But we don't know at what stage of training he is now