Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 111 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #1651
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
Alas, no. The only thing I remember is that I downloaded it from RapidShare, but it should be available on some other pages as well.
I checked the Rapidshare links for that match, and for some reason, Part 1 of 8 is not available, but the other 7 parts are. I was able to find Part 1 on one of my storage disks, so I uploaded it to MegaUpload.

So the entire Soda-Ferru Roland Garros 2009 R3 match can be downloaded here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...2&postcount=26

Part 1 is on Megaupload, while parts 2-8 are on Rapidshare, but you need to download all the RAR files and decompress together to get the full match.

There is a link up for the last game of the R3 RG match against Ferru, showing Robin's reaction to winning the match, as in Orka_n's Avatar, if that is all one wants:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ERNS5RV

(no password required)
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================

Last edited by Nolby : 02-15-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #1652
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolby View Post
Wow! Thanks, Nastia. I want to own the last 3 matches. We should get those links for the entire matches up on the Video thread this week.
Hi, Tim!
No problem

Rotterdam.F.Soderling.v.Youzhny
http://www.tennishaven.com/details.php?id=925

Rotterdam.QF.Soderling.v.Benneteau
http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=4405#
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #1653
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Hi, Tim!
No problem

Nastia

Clutch find! Thank you! You have no idea...

I'd given up on looking for the Benneteau match. My eyes are killing me. I figured I'd be able to find that one or the Lyon Championship Title Robin won in 2008 over Benneteau, but came up empty trying everything I could think of.

It was hitting me that only Soda fans would want to watch that match because it is a rout, but to me it represents his return to form and is a match I will watch when I am losing belief because the turn around was so sudden.

By the way, I would love to own these matches. Does anyone know of any possible links for them?

-Grand Prix de Lyon 2008 Final - Robin def. Benneteau to win his Third title

-Milan Indoor 2005 Final - Robin def Stepanek to win his Second title

-Grand Prix de Lyon 2004 Final - Robin def. Malisse to win his First title
Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #1654
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Hi, Tim!
No problem

Nastia,

Does the Tennis Haven version of the match include the Trophy Ceremonies? The version I listed at Megaupload is in Spanish and cuts off after Misha concedes and shakes hands with Robin, but doesn't include the Trophy ceremonies. I don't understand why you would record a Championship Match and not include that part, so maybe the Tennis Haven one is better?

Thanks again! I'm at around 40% on the Benneteau match . I can split that one in two and upload it to Megaupload for all Soda fans that want to watch a cathartic rout after suffering through January.

Also, I was disappointed in the highlights videos I've seen on YouTube so far. Robin had some spectacular shots, some amazing defensive shots as has been pointed out, and the many of the best ones have been left off. I'm going to do my own highlight reel and upload it to YouTube for that Final. I'll post it here when it's up.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #1655
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSodaPop View Post
You must be psychic! Nice call!
Thank you.
I seriously also believe he'll win Marseille. You can do it, Robin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #1656
country flag gam_jonte

gam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond reputegam_jonte has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly Llodra won today against Baggy. I think this is really bad news for Robin, i watched their encounter in 08 and he had some real problems with Llodra then and he really looked sharp today. I really think that Baggy had been a better player for Söderling to face in the quarters. Now sadly i think his run will end against him.
But ofcourse there's a small chance that he'll win but i really don't whant to take that for granted either.
gam_jonte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #1657
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam_jonte View Post
Sadly Llodra won today against Baggy. I think this is really bad news for Robin, i watched their encounter in 08 and he had some real problems with Llodra then and he really looked sharp today. I really think that Baggy had been a better player for Söderling to face in the quarters. Now sadly i think his run will end against him.
But ofcourse there's a small chance that he'll win but i really don't whant to take that for granted either.
I know Llordra seems to play well in these indoor French events as his only two good results from the past year were at Marseille and Lyon (Finals in both), but he is not an in-form player right now. The match he won over Robin in the Rotterdam final in 2008 was pretty close too: 6-7(3), 6-3, 7-6(4).

I'm sad Baggy lost because he is one of my favorite players, but from a Soda fan point of view, I'd much rather have him facing a Llordra who is 2-4 for the year and hasn't played well for the past year other than those 2 aforementioned tourneys, than have him meet an in-form Baggy who took the Stockholm Indoors title last Fall, Sydney in January and is 9-4 on the year. Robin used to have problems with Youzhny and Benneteau back in 2008 too.

I would enjoy seeing Llordra do some classic S&V against Robin and see how Robin would approach that style now. That could be a fun match. Of course, he's got to get by Stakhovsky first.

Quite a bit of the 2008 Rotterdam Final between Robin and Llordra is up on YouTube:

Last edited by Nolby : 02-18-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #1658
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Robin will be no 7 on monday
Higest ranking in his career!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:13 AM   #1659
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

omg thats AWESOME
Old 02-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #1660
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robin will be no 7 on monday
Higest ranking in his career!
Congratulations to Robin

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #1661
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

7 Soderling, Robin (SWE) 3,855

Old 02-22-2010, 06:51 PM   #1662
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Unreal!!!

I had no idea!! I was just casually looking at the new rankings to see how things were shaping up in the top 30 after Memphis, and had do literally do a double take when I saw that. It is so hard to ever guess these rankings, because I forgot Roddick won Memphis last year, and that his only making the QFs this year meant a huge loss in points.

I guess since Andy pulled out of Dubai, and neither he nor Robin are losing any points this week, Robin will be going into the Indian Wells Masters as 7th ranked player in the world. I just confirmed that on SteveG Tennis. That is fantastic!!

Congrats Robin on new Career High ranking #7!

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2010/...8631266843098/

Looking ahead, Robin is defending only 10 pts at both Indian Wells and Miami. Roddick is defending 360 pts (Semi-Final) and 180 pts (Quarter-Final). Things looking good to keep the #7 ranking for awhile.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #1663
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Great Robin!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #1664
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Robin and the rest of the Swedish DC team (obviously except for Aspelin right now) are at a training camp in Danderyd before the DC tie with Argentina. I think the draw will be done on Thursday and there will be decided who Robin will play against on Friday.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #1665
country flag AgnRus

http://svtplay.se/v/1912267/tennis/s...men_kanns_bra_

http://svtplay.se/v/1912466/robin_helgens_stora_stjarna