Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 110 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #1636
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post

I hope this won't destroy his confidence...
Congrats Dana, on Jo-Willy's great performance today. Those last 5 games were incredible!

This should make up a little for the disaster month Soda has had. I'm glad they didn't meet this round, but I'm foreseeing a Nole/Tsonga QF, so I won't like that one much either. One match at a time as they say, but I'll be really surprised if Almugro gives Jo-Willy much of a match; Haas is a much tougher opponent. Anyway, I am feeling happy for you today and you totally deserve to bask in some glory. If Nole and Tsonga do meet in the QFs, may the winner make the Final (and face Del Pony from the other half if I get my wish).
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 02:57 AM   #1637
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

i’ve been recently accused by a Swedish fan of Robin of being a bandwagoner and abandoning him because he started losing…

i assume that the aforementioned MTFer read this post (at least i have the wilanders to admit that it was at Roland Garros this year when Robin got my attention). the apparently escaped post of mine should have palliated his/her misery though.

let me make this clear, my decision to stop posting here has nothing to do with cowardice. it’s frankly a rather embarrassing matter of puristic, sleek aesthetics. that is all.

now, that being said and that being a fact, go Robin go!

Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 AM   #1638
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
I was away and couldn't watch the match. Now I'm happy that I didn't. Simply horrible. I hope he doesn't play more small tourneys, especially exos, for a while. First some rest, then learn to focus on the big tourneys. Even though he didn't look good before AO, I didn't expect this disaster...
Well, he did lose to Ginepri in the first round at Chennai. He should have had about a month for his shoulder and elbow to have healed once he starts playing again. His twitter is reporting he is skiing in Austria right now, so he must be in pretty decent shape.

So articles are now coming out on his confirmation of playing in Rotterdam next week. Rosie, who will be making the trip, will hopefully have some great photos and stories of Robin's matches (note I'm using the plural ). I am very much looking forward to her reports!

By the way, Orka_n, I love your avatar and I've got some pics from the 2009 French Open I'm going to put up. I don't think many people would gather this, but your Avi pic is from Robin's third round win over David Ferrer. I think most people probably assume it was from the Nadal match. Some pics of him celebrating the win over Ferru below:

Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #1639
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded and saw that match a while ago, and it was quite a struggle from the very first point til the last. It took quite an effort to finally get past the 3rd round of any slam or masters tournament, and we all know what happened after that.
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #1640
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
I downloaded and saw that match a while ago, and it was quite a struggle from the very first point til the last. It took quite an effort to finally get past the 3rd round of any slam or masters tournament, and we all know what happened after that.
That was a great match, and the stats in it were about even from my recollection, so Robin was a handful of points away from not even getting a chance to win the "upset of the decade". The entire Ferru match is available for downloading (or at least it used to be). I'll see if I can add it to the Video thread. It was a really great match.

Also, there was some drama in that match as Ferru didn't take the loss very well. There was some bad blood. It was forgotten obviously a couple of days later.

I watched the entire Kolya match live and that one is worth watching if anyone ever doubts that Robin has the ability to completely dominate a top 10 opponent. That one is worth downloading just to remind oneself how good he can play when he is at his peak form. The scoreline was an incredible 6-1, 6-3, 6-1. I remember watching that match and thinking "this dude is going to win the French Open and if he keeps playing like that the sky is the limit." Then after losing the final, he went on to win the Bastad title on clay. Then the dammmn elbow injury in Hamburg at the next tourney kind of has been a fly in the ointment for a long time now. I hope that finally goes away and he plays as he is capable of doing in Rotterdam.

Last edited by Nolby : 02-04-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #1641
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolby View Post
Well, he did lose to Ginepri in the first round at Chennai. He should have had about a month for his shoulder and elbow to have healed once he starts playing again. His twitter is reporting he is skiing in Austria right now, so he must be in pretty decent shape.

So articles are now coming out on his confirmation of playing in Rotterdam next week. Rosie, who will be making the trip, will hopefully have some great photos and stories of Robin's matches (note I'm using the plural ). I am very much looking forward to her reports!

By the way, Orka_n, I love your avatar and I've got some pics from the 2009 French Open I'm going to put up. I don't think many people would gather this, but your Avi pic is from Robin's third round win over David Ferrer. I think most people probably assume it was from the Nadal match. Some pics of him celebrating the win over Ferru below.
Thanks. Awesome pics you posted. I honestly didn't know which RG-match my avatar was from, I just thought it was a nice photo. I didn't see Sod vs. Ferrer, unfortunately. =]
I'm getting pumped for Rotterdam. I'm getting a good feeling about S-king's performance in this tourney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #1642
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks. Awesome pics you posted. I honestly didn't know which RG-match my avatar was from, I just thought it was a nice photo. I didn't see Sod vs. Ferrer, unfortunately. =]
I'm getting pumped for Rotterdam. I'm getting a good feeling about S-king's performance in this tourney.
I will be in Rotterdam next week My Internet time will be limited but I will do my best to send in some reports.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:15 PM   #1643
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Main Draw of Rotterdam :

(1) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB - STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy UKR
CHIUDINELLI, Marco SUI - LLODRA, Michael FRA
TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB - MAYER, Florian GER
(WC) HAASE, Robin NED – (5) ROBREDO, Tommy ESP

(4) MONFILS, Gael FRA - ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
(WC) DE BAKKER, Thiemo NED - KOROLEV, Evgeny KAZ
GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP - QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER – (6) YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS

(7) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO - BENNETEAU, Julien FRA
BERRER, Michael GER - CLEMENT, Arnaud FRA
ZVEREV, Mischa GER - QUALIFIER
SERRA, Florent FRA – (WC) (3) SODERLING, Robin SWE

(8) TROICKI, Viktor SRB - MELZER, Jurgen AUT
QUALIFIER - SEPPI, Andreas ITA
BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP - BLAKE, James USA
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP – (2) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #1644
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

These are just some quickie vids that are enjoyable to watch in light of Robin making the Finals at Rotterdam:

Friday QF Highlights including Soda vs. Benneteau

Highlights of Robin vs. Serra, First Round

Last edited by Nolby : 02-13-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #1645
country flag KingSodaPop

KingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must be psychic! Nice call!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 AM   #1646
country flag KingSodaPop

KingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond reputeKingSodaPop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
Do you still have the download links for that match?
Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #1647
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by AgnRus : 02-14-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #1648
country flag AgnRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSodaPop View Post
http://www.tennishaven.com/details.php?id=923
Old 02-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #1649
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSodaPop View Post
Alas, no. The only thing I remember is that I downloaded it from RapidShare, but it should be available on some other pages as well.
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 AM   #1650
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Wow! Thanks, Nastia. I want to own the last 3 matches. We should get those links for the entire matches up on the Video thread this week.

Here are the highlights from the Final:

Rotterdam 2010 Sunday Highlights - Robin Soderling wins Title