Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 106 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #1576
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

SoderKing to beat Roger tomorrow

Oh and happy new year to all u Soderling fans
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 01:20 AM   #1577
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
SoderKing to beat Roger tomorrow

Oh and happy new year to all u Soderling fans

Thank you Jase! Happy New Year to all Del Pony fans as well! You're welcome anytime in Soda land. I hope to stop by both Nole and Del Pony's Forums more often once play begins as Nole in sig, and Del Pony was in my sig a few months ago until I shortened it to 4 players for brevity.

If Robin can beat Roger just once, even in an exhibition, it would be a major monkey off his back. Although I felt the same way when Roddick beat Roger at Kooyong a few years back, but then he preceded to be demolished by Fedex at the ensuing AO. So we have to remember that this is just an exhibition. However, the money at stake is pretty high in this particular exho, and it definitely stuck out as the exho with the most quality last year when Muzza won the titile.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #1578
country flag starluk

starluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond reputestarluk has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year u guys,and robin~
Old 01-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #1579
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by starluk View Post
Happy New Year u guys,and robin~
Same to you

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #1580
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

I thought these were pretty funny

Excuses Heard at RF.com

-"Soderling doesn't have 2 5 month olds waiting at home either. "

-"Maybe he (i.e. Roger) took in that Rihanna concert last night and was out a bit late. "
(Note: Robin was the one who went to the concert last night.)

-"it is incredibly humid in AD... I think Roger was sweating too much"

-"the funny thing is, Rogi plays an exo the way it should be played -- for fun, for the fans -- yet his opponent plays as if it's a real tourney but still it goes to three sets..."

-"And Roger wanted to give him a gift for being bad person of 2009 and decided to help him win the match Or, Rog just wanted to watch a Sod vs Nadal match, and since there was NO way Ferrer was going to win, he prefered to lose"

-"As we've seen in the last couple years Roger is getting increasingly focused on grand slams and less concerned about the other tournaments. Although it is important to get good results in the masters 1000 to secure thje number 1 spot."

-"My point (can't speak for anyone else) was not that Roger planned to lose the match but rather that it's not surprising he lost when he was treating this match more casually than Soderling was. But whatever. All I care about is that he means business once AO starts. And I'm not worried about that."

-"Guys, when was the last time Roger S&V several times in a row? I didn't watch the match but if Roger was trying out a few things, that the right way to use this kind of matches "

etc., etc., etc.,
=====================
And to be fair, I just stumbled upon someone who isn't in denial:

-"I couldn't watch this match - but just reading a couple of pages back, it is clear that Roger lost to Robin. And I see the reasons being given too. The funniest of these is that Robin played it like a match & Roger like an exhibition. I hadn't realised that playing a match like an exhibition means that you aim to lose it!!
Ppppfffttt.
For MY ego ( never mind anything else) please win the next one Roger!"

Thank you! I knew there was at least one Rogi fan out there that would give Robin some credit.

Last edited by Nolby : 01-01-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #1581
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

At the excuses, amazing what Federer fans can say after their man has achieved so much already

Congrats to all u Soderling Fans, awesome win today, especially from a set and a break down

Oh and good luck to your man tomorrow, should be a great match
Old 01-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #1582
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
At the excuses, amazing what Federer fans can say after their man has achieved so much already

Congrats to all u Soderling Fans, awesome win today, especially from a set and a break down

Oh and good luck to your man tomorrow, should be a great match
Thanks, Jase! Love your comments in GM today. It's funny how people seem incapable of looking at this exhibition as being different than other exhibitions that don't offer $250,000 and feature the top 2 players in the World. If Roger had won today, noone would have accused Robin of tanking to the World #1 or think twice about giving Fed full credit for the win and the issue of this being a "practice" event would be mute.

I guess half of it is done just to piss off Soda fans, as Robin never gets much love from the general public. Thanks for having the clarity of vision and the guts to speak your mind. The issue of whether Robin is a "fluke" should be settled at this point. As long as he keeps on winning, it really doesn't matter what people want to believe.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #1583
country flag Certinfy

Thanks And agreed, that would of surely been the case if Roger won today

Well probably, considering how many Federer fans they're on here But yeah SoderKing will prove all this outrageous and crazy comments are all a piece of BS Well actually tbh I personally think he's proved it already I mean ur not exactly a fluke, if u make the 4th round of Wimbledon, losing to eventual champ, QF at USO, and SF at WTF's...
Old 01-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #1584
country flag Certinfy

Thanks for the rep Tim
Old 01-02-2010, 01:02 AM   #1585
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Thanks And agreed, that would of surely been the case if Roger won today

Well probably, considering how many Federer fans they're on here But yeah SoderKing will prove all this outrageous and crazy comments are all a piece of BS Well actually tbh I personally think he's proved it already I mean ur not exactly a fluke, if u make the 4th round of Wimbledon, losing to eventual champ, QF at USO, and SF at WTF's...
And you being a Del Pony fan, you know you're guy played a hell of a match in the semis at the WTF semis to beat Robin 7-6 in the third set. The commentators were blown away by the quality of that match from both sides. Their comments were on the line that Robin was playing A+ tennis and still having to fight for his life.

But Del Pony gets the same deal as Robin relative to his position as a Grand Slam Champion. It's the "new kid on the block" syndrome. These guys have to keep proving themselves over and over and over again until people give up counting them out as dead. I picked Del Pony to win the US Open in a contest at Tennis4you, and I won the contest. I based it purely on his level of play in the late summer taking out Roddick twice in North American events, serving aces against Rafa in a tiebreaker leading 6-5 (nerves of steel; something Robin still has to work on), and almost winning the Legg Mason and Rogers Cup back to back if not for exhaustion. It just took a willingness to see he was playing the best tennis during that period by a mile.

Anyway, Robin is easily playing top 10 tennis right now, and I'm sure as a Del Pony fan you see that quite clearly after their epic semi-final match as well as his matches against Rafa, Nole and Kolya. I have written many times that Del Pony is a future #1, and I base that on common sense. Robin keeps growing. Last year he had to prove he was Top 10 material, and that took a long time and it wasn't clear until the U.S. Open and the Fall season that that was so. Now he has to work on his nerves and self-belief to prove he belongs among the world's elite. He keeps doing better than my expectations overall and surprising the hell out of me. He also looks like he belongs with them and one senses he KNOWS this now. This is going to be an extremely fun year!

Last edited by Nolby : 01-02-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:09 AM   #1586
country flag Certinfy

I really don't know what to say about that post besides Best post I've ever read on MTF Tried to good rep u but can't
Old 01-02-2010, 01:14 AM   #1587
country flag Certinfy

Okay dude, awesome speaking to u again I'm gonna head off to bed, see ya' after SoderKing beats Nadull tomorrow
Old 01-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #1588
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Okay dude, awesome speaking to u again I'm gonna head off to bed, see ya' after SoderKing beats Nadull tomorrow

Good night! I have to do the same. It is fun backing players on the rise, isn't it? One feels euphoric at each level they reach and pass and seeing them grow into Champions, both on the outside and on the inside.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #1589
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Happy new year, everyone. Good to see this place with a bit of life to it.
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #1590
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

I had to leave after Söderling had just broken back in the second, but I like a lot of what I've seen from Robin so far here in these three EXHO matches, both physically and mentally. However, I'd be glad to see him skip Kooyong and have some days of nothing but rest ahead of the AO.

Nadal is already moving and hitting the ball a lot better after his short off-season.
Nidhogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote