Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #1561
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Norman moves - to Soderling

Everything to optimize the training: "I am grateful"

Magnus Norman wants to give Robin Soderling best possible conditions in 2010.

Therefore, success coach moves to Monte Carlo.

- I'm very grateful, - says the Swedish world-class eight.

Sportbladet can reveal to Magnus Norman is moving to an apartment just a hundred meters from Robin Soderlings home. From there it is walking distance to the gravel and hard courses at Monte Carlo Country Club, which will be their base.

- It suits us much better. Robin is living there since past and now we train more in Monte Carlo. I know everybody at the club and where we can get some peace and quiet, "said Magnus Norman.

Plenty of sparring

Since many of the players on the ATP Tour tennis and retired Thomas Johansson and Jonas Björkman living in tax haven, it is no problem to find sparring partners.

- In addition, we intend to take down Daniel Berta a week, "said Norman who lived in Monaco 1995-2004. When he was forced to give up their careers were moving load to Stockholm, where his girlfriend Linda will stay.

- In the long run, it is not a sustainable situation, but for now we do so here. I drive on with Robin because it's so funny.

"All the conditions"

According to Robin Soderling, it is the ultimate solution to become a neighbor with his trainer. With the move increased their cooperation, from 200 to 240 days a year.

- We have tried to do everything as best as possible and that he was moving to Monte Carlo is to optimize one more thing, "said Soderling.

Can it get better?

- No, now there are all prerequisites. He lives there and will travel with me to all races.

Soderling to lose weight in 2010 games schedule with three or four tournaments. After the Australian Open, which is determined 18-31 January, awaiting the first competition recess.

- Where will we be in Monte Carlo in ten days, "said Magnus Norman.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6310018.ab
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #1562
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
Norman moves - to Soderling

Everything to optimize the training: "I am grateful"

Magnus Norman wants to give Robin Soderling best possible conditions in 2010.

Therefore, success coach moves to Monte Carlo.

- I'm very grateful, - says the Swedish world-class eight.

Sportbladet can reveal to Magnus Norman is moving to an apartment just a hundred meters from Robin Soderlings home. From there it is walking distance to the gravel and hard courses at Monte Carlo Country Club, which will be their base.

- It suits us much better. Robin is living there since past and now we train more in Monte Carlo. I know everybody at the club and where we can get some peace and quiet, "said Magnus Norman.

Plenty of sparring

Since many of the players on the ATP Tour tennis and retired Thomas Johansson and Jonas Björkman living in tax haven, it is no problem to find sparring partners.

- In addition, we intend to take down Daniel Berta a week, "said Norman who lived in Monaco 1995-2004. When he was forced to give up their careers were moving load to Stockholm, where his girlfriend Linda will stay.

- In the long run, it is not a sustainable situation, but for now we do so here. I drive on with Robin because it's so funny.

"All the conditions"

According to Robin Soderling, it is the ultimate solution to become a neighbor with his trainer. With the move increased their cooperation, from 200 to 240 days a year.

- We have tried to do everything as best as possible and that he was moving to Monte Carlo is to optimize one more thing, "said Soderling.

Can it get better?

- No, now there are all prerequisites. He lives there and will travel with me to all races.

Soderling to lose weight in 2010 games schedule with three or four tournaments. After the Australian Open, which is determined 18-31 January, awaiting the first competition recess.

- Where will we be in Monte Carlo in ten days, "said Magnus Norman.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6310018.ab
It sounds like they are "going for it" this year, Nastia! Magnus is making a big commitment to move all the way to Monte Carlo to coach Robin. I am praying we stop hearing about that elbow problem.

About the bold part, it's about time. It sounds like they are going to schedule him as a Top 10 player should be scheduled, so he doesn't burn himself out and develop elbow issues. One thing that should never happen again is a four week schedule such as they had in autumn of 2009 with
Kuala Lampur---->Beijing--->Shanghai--->Stockholm with no week off for rest. That stretch almost ended his season.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 AM   #1563
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Today is a good day to be a Soderfan.
If this link has already been posted, I'm sorry... but this video from the WTF homepage is really neat
http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinal...tte-2-min.aspx
The WTF video is now on YouTube, so we can embed it here:

London Finals 2009 Soderling Vignette

The teaser isn't bad either and differs from the Vignette giving out additional information:

London Finals 2009 Soderling Teaser

(Useless note: Robin was born on the same day as my sister, Joy)

Last edited by Nolby : 12-22-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:11 AM   #1564
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Things were going so fast at the time of the WTFs, and most of us were still celebrating the second consecutive victory over Rafa, that noone ever posted the video of possibly Robin's second most impressive victory of 2009, his victory over Nole in his second match at the WTFs in London, which also broke Nole's 11 game winning streak which included consecutive titles at Basel and Paris.

Nole also had a personal six match winning streak H2H against Robin and Robin had never beaten him up to that point (only Federer remains now as a top ranked player he hasn't beaten), although he had given Nole perhaps his toughest match in the 11 game stretch with the three setter in Paris where Robin took the second set 6-1 and lost with only 1 break of serve in the third set. Here are the highlights from that huge win in London:

-So he ended Rafa's 32 match winning streak at Roland Garros (only player to defeat Rafa at RG)

-He ended Nole's 11 match winning streak in the London WTFs. Nole also won the Beijing ATP 500 before a SF loss to Davydenko at Shanghai, and was arguably the most in-form player at the end of the year. Novak won his next match in London against Rafa in straight sets to go to 2-1 in matches, but missed out making the semis due to having a worse set record. His only losses in the last 5 tournaments he played in were to Davydenko in the SF at Shanghai and to Robin in his second match in London.

-Robin lost in 3 sets to U.S. Open Champion Del Potro in the semis at London, 7-6 in the third set. Remember that Robin had to play a 3 setter the night before against Kolya, whereas Del Potro was able to rest two full days finishing his match against Roger on Thursday evening before playing the semi-final match against Robin on Saturday evening.

Last edited by Nolby : 12-22-2009 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #1565
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
SoderKing has a forum and a chat thread now

Saulo do you remember the old times when we were fighting to get this forum and someone offered we should put a Lisnard thread inside SoderKing forum?
And also the poor Paul Tood forum
It was the rejected forum.
I bnelieve Stepanek was included too.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:28 AM   #1566
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
And also the poor Paul Tood forum
Ozone promised us to keep bringing up the old flame every now and then.

― Ἡράκλειτος
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:42 AM   #1567

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Ozone promised us to keep bringing up the old flame every now and then.
His vestal flame is a bit weak now since he cant put up his sig.
I reckon they might have banned his "small" signature from MTF, following the Paul Todd forum boycott.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #1568
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I reckon they might have banned his "small" signature from MTF, following the Paul Todd forum boycott.
I love the "Tim Finnegan's Wake" lyrics in your sig, Getta. My favorite version is by the Drop Murphys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geX8I...eature=related

Since we are getting to close to Robin's first match in Abu Dhabi, here are the highlights from his last match, the classic 3 set battle with Del Potro. I've noticed the entire match is available for downloading on YouTube. Even though he lost, he impressed quite a few people and many people who are not Robin fans were impressed by his play in that match:

Last edited by Nolby : 12-28-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:35 AM   #1569
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Congratulations to Saulo for the Epic Win today for Mr. MTF 2009. I am proud someone who is a fan of Robin won this year against all odds. To be quite honest, I was stunned when I saw the final results and Saulo had won. There was a dark period sometime halfway through where he lost a lead he had held from the beginning and actually was behind by a few votes for many hours in the latter stages, but he pulled it out down the stretch.

Deserved win today.

This is a daring and fantastic campaign poster used by Saulo in the Campaign thread:

Last edited by Nolby : 12-31-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:39 AM   #1570

I think it was Ivan the gambler that did this in the MTF bandwagon thread.

I am surprised I won too, actually I know and have good relationship with a good number of the people that were voting but I think the main reasons I actually pulled the win was because Adam had already won before and because I don´t have many haters .

So now Söderking forum has the mister MTF, good for it axaxa.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #1571
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

So now when Robin's first tournament of the year will start soon I must rename the thread - but to which name?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #1572
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTennis View Post
So now when Robin's first tournament of the year will start soon I must rename the thread - but to which name?
Hi SweTennis,

Since you are here now, why don't you leave the same name, Soderking Live Scoring Thread, but simply put

"(Abu Dhabi, Capitala World Championships)" right after that or simply "(Abu Dhabi)". Simple and to the point. I don't mind if you change it something funny either.

Thanks!

Do you have the live stream going on the Kolya/Ferru match right now? The stream I have is naming it "Abu Dhabi World Challenge", and that sounds fine too.
==========
Directions if needed:

1. Go to the first post in the thread.
2. Click the "Edit" button at the bottom.
3. Click the "Go Advanced" button that now appears at the bottom.
4. Note the "Title" text box is underneath the "Reason for Editing" text box at the top. Click in that box and note that it is modifiable.
5. Modify the "Title" with whatever you like.
6. Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

Last edited by Nolby : 12-31-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #1573
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year Sodafans!!! Hope this 2010 will be good! And hope SoderKing will keep making us happy :jump:
Old 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #1574
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Happy New Year Sodafans!!! Hope this 2010 will be good! And hope SoderKing will keep making us happy :jump:
Happy New Year to you too

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #1575
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
We were talking about Fedals, Sodals, Djokolings and Federlings after the match today (just being silly, really). I'm sad that Jo-Willy had to pull out of the Capitala Abu Dhabi exhibition, but obviously it is not worth it if he has enough funds right now. But your a true original as far as I know, being a Tsonga/Soderling fan. I like "Sodersongas" as a nick if we find more fans like you.

Happy New Year, Dana!