Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 104 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #1546
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Is it necessary to create a whole new thread for that? IMO it's better to include them into Soderking Photo Thread, 'cause there can't be so many photos that they deserve an own thread. There shouldn't be TOO many threads, but that's just what I think so do what you want.
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #1547
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTennis View Post
Is it necessary to create a whole new thread for that? IMO it's better to include them into Soderking Photo Thread, 'cause there can't be so many photos that they deserve an own thread. There shouldn't be TOO many threads, but that's just what I think so do what you want.
Hi SweTennis,

I think it is actually a great idea. If you look at the threads in some other Forums, you'll note that these kinds of threads (Roger & Mirka, Andy & Brooklyn, Rafa & Xisca) we're met with the same questions you note above, and quite a few including Roger's faced opposition in the beginning, but they have all become among the most popular threads in those Forums. Basically, the thread would not include any of the Tennis action or pictures and transcripts from Press Conferences. It would tell the story of Robin off-court, and we could just re-name the thread "Robin Soderling Off-Court" if there wasn't enough interest.

But I think Robin is one of the few players that has a very stable relationship with a grounded woman full of depth, so I think this will be a story that will continue to grow. Additionally, Jenni is the more extroverted of the two, and has written blogs and takes almost all the photos of Robin and herself off court, so we have boundless material and it is material that actively "in progress" and alive. There is a ton of material Jenni has posted during the off season that would make the thread more interesting during this particular time period because no tennis is being played.

I'm going to go ahead and start it and if it needs to become something like "Robin Off Court", I'll be happy to change the thead title. I have a feeling this one might take off over time though, as the material is rich in this case.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #1548
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

duong
Quote:
yes absolutely

I often get a very good prejudice at men (not only tennismen) when they are married or together with a woman like that : I usually think that they must have something (more to seduce them than the opposite actually, but also the opposite you're right).

And you're right : Söderling raised a lot in my esteem when I saw her.

And now you (and others) tell me that she's independent, intelligent, nice and so on ... everything I had suspected from her attitude in Lyon actually

I'm quite reassured about my instinction
I think you're dead on, duong. This relationship is very stable and grounded and is based on a much richer foundation than celebrity egos. Robin and Jenni are known as being best friends along with their relationship, and most of his off-court life is recorded via Jenni as Robin admits in the interview that I just posted for the Chennai Open that he spends his time with a handful of people, mostly Magnus and Jenni. Being a true introvert, Robin would rather know a few people extremely well on a deep level, as opposed to having superficial relationships with a large number of people on a casual level.

Quote:
That's great ( for you) ( for the idea and for her)
I feel the same way. She has a fascinating beauty too, because she always manages to look a little different through the years and is the type of person that posts pictures of herself and Robin exhausted at the airport (Kuala Lampur, Beijing), studying at libraries and walking around cities they are visiting. So you can see her and the beauty within her not just in dolled up publicity photos. And she is just as cute looking exhausted at an airport as she does when she is feeling vital, at least imho.

Quote:
yes now I know what that is

I think it's also very nice to know that, even if we don't have to know everything, they are allowed for some privacy (actually I had the impression that she didn't like to be too much seen at a moment for a while : for instance you could see her in the semifinal in Lyon, not in the final ... and then we didn't see her too often during matches ... until that ATP WTF : I think now she has realized that she has to deal with it anyway but it seems that she's very much amused at looking at her in the screen )
There are definitely some time periods that Jenni defends their privacy; but she has been a great publicity person for him by writing blogs and being active on twitter and this recently led to him getting hundreds of tweets congratulating him on his performances in London. She may be less shy and more used to this madness, as there is no doubt she and Robin had to make huge adjustments in their lives after the French Open. But it all has been very positive, if a bit adverse, for both of them.

Quote:
Actually I like GoatParera, I don't know why he was suspected quite quickly of double account, being a Nadal fan like RafawonUSOpen, whereas if you read him/her, it's quite often intelligent and more a fan of Federer's

I didn't know I had taken part in that competition
I barely know who they are. I just read the ACC comments by voters who kept saying they are RafawonUSOpen, probably because Goat Parera is analogous to GoatNadal which sounds like an agenda name for "RafawonUSOpen". Since I don't see "8ptNadal" anymore and "mad world" isn't in the ACC, I thought they we're the one of the "Rafawonthisorthat" ACC entries. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Ah yes I remember this pseudo

Yes Nole looks clever indeed, I didn't know for Söderling except that he has such a lovely girlfriend that he must not be bad indeed
Yea, you and I got in a respectful debate on Fed (your player) vs. Nole (my player) being one more apt to speak to their truth or not. Nole is my second favorite player after Robin, as may be apparent to all.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #1549
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodal View Post
I feel the same way. She has a fascinating beauty too, because she always manages to look a little different through the years and is the type of person that posts pictures of herself and Robin exhausted at the airport (Kuala Lampur, Beijing), studying at libraries and walking around cities they are visiting. So you can see her and the beauty within her not just in dolled up publicity photos. And she is just as cute looking exhausted at an airport as she does when she is feeling vital, at least imho.
Thanks a lot for your photos : actually it' something very important for seduction that you look different according to the day , it makes people discover and imagine more of one's personality.

Quote:
I barely know who they are. I just read the ACC comments by voters who kept saying they are RafawonUSOpen, probably because Goat Parera is analogous to GoatNadal which sounds like an agenda name for "RafawonUSOpen". Since I don't see "8ptNadal" anymore and "mad world" isn't in the ACC, I thought they we're the one of the "Rafawonthisorthat" ACC entries. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.
Frankly speaking, if you look at his (or her) posts, there's nothing like that : it seems that he's a victim of his pseudo and of prejudice, but he doesn't sound as a Rafatard, seems to like both Federer and Nadal and in the meantime have a complex and diverse opinion . Only thing you can say is that he doesn't like Djokovic. But frankly speaking, I found more of his posts interesting, relevant/original than many of the people on this board.

I don't know what this person thinks of this "pseudo accusation", but if you really look at what he says, it sounds very stupid

I didn't know about accusations on me either, but well makes you think whether it's really relevant/useful to post on this board or not Strange
Old 12-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #1550
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

duong
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your photos : actually it' something very important for seduction that you look different according to the day , it makes people discover and imagine more of one's personality.

I updated the thread with an article on Robin and Jenni and their flight home after the French Open. There are three nice photographs and a relevant interview, so I thought that made a good introduction to the thread. I have just begun to post Jenni pictures.

Quote:
Frankly speaking, if you look at his (or her) posts, there's nothing like that : it seems that he's a victim of his pseudo and of prejudice, but he doesn't sound as a Rafatard, seems to like both Federer and Nadal and in the meantime have a complex and diverse opinion . Only thing you can say is that he doesn't like Djokovic. But frankly speaking, I found more of his posts interesting, relevant/original than many of the people on this board.
Well, I feel bad for this person, then. This contest doesn't seem like one that focuses on being fair or kind. Like I said, they seem to be infamous (they got the #12 seed and they just joined within the past month), so I assumed from comments I was reading they we're RafawonUSOpen. You don't have a chance in winning the next round if they have that rep. So at least you can feel relief that you are out of it. You won your first round based on name recognition. I can't even remember reading one of GOATPARERA's posts before now.

Ok, I did a search on them to read their posts, and having done so, it appears their posts are normal ones, not remarkable in either a positive or negative way, so this whole thing is very strange and obviously based on random hype. About the only thing distinctive is the large number of posts since they've joined and the fact they use the "yeah" smilie () at the end of most of their posts.

Oh well! This stuff is out of our hands and it is very trite. I've made it a point to not follow the nonsense today. I thought it would be more fun and humorous and not so cut throat when people began writing about it. It's just white noise.

Thanks for your great suggestion and thoughts and you are always welcome in Robin's forum, duong!

Tim

Last edited by Nolby : 12-03-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #1551
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Robin tweet for today:

RSoderling :homepage will hopefully be up in the beginning of next year. What do You want it to contain?

If you use twitter, send him some ideas. This is great news!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #1552
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robin tweet for today:

RSoderling :homepage will hopefully be up in the beginning of next year. What do You want it to contain?

Thanks for this - will go and take a look and see if I can come up with any ideas.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #1553
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robin tweet for today:

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #1554
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
Jenni's tweet yesterday:

jennimostrom: "Doing laundry, a never ending project http://tinyurl.com/ybnssz3"

That URL leads to this You Tube video:

What is on his sleeve at the end?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #1555
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

vote for Robin

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155194

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #1556
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björki View Post
Just did so, Bjorki. Thanks! He is in third place, but Safin has a ridiculous amount of votes and Nole is in this group too.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #1557
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

SoderKing has a forum and a chat thread now

Saulo do you remember the old times when we were fighting to get this forum and someone offered we should put a Lisnard thread inside SoderKing forum?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #1558
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/atp-t...41/story.shtml

Robin Soderling has new problems with his elbow and pulling out because Nordic Masters tournament in Oslo at the end of the week. He has had problems with damage to and from the autumn.

The problem has become worse again and the doctor's orders to Soderling is to rest the next two weeks.

- I was really looking forward to coming to Norway, but unfortunately can not do what the situation is now, "said Soderling.

AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #1559
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post

Robin Soderling has new problems with his elbow and pulling out because Nordic Masters tournament in Oslo at the end of the week. He has had problems with damage to and from the autumn.

The problem has become worse again and the doctor's orders to Soderling is to rest the next two weeks.

- I was really looking forward to coming to Norway, but unfortunately can not do what the situation is now, "said Soderling.

That's sad. But best he rests it now and gets fully fit for the new season, than damages it in an exhibition match, and can't defend points/rise in the rankings in 2010. Get well soon Robin

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #1560
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post

Oh man! I thought the issue was settled in that last article saying it wasn't Tennis elbow. The Abu Dhabi event is in two weeks and then Doha. Maybe he should withdraw from the Abu Dhabi thing. I don't think there are any points for it, but with only 6 players including Fed, Rafa and Tsonga, I bet the appearance fee is probably very healthy. But I don't think it means much in terms of points.