Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 102 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #1516
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: soderling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etern View Post
I been away for a few days and now that I come back I see that Söderling has his own forum . It almost take away some of the disappointment from his loss.
Cool, eh?! I wish we had been able to "christen" the new Forum with a win against Del Pony in the WTF Semis. As it was, it was probably the most heart sickening loss I've experienced for some time since he had he was leading 7-6, 3-6, 4-2 and lost in a third set tiebreak. But on the bright side, the match could not have been closer, even his harshest critics are recognizing some strenths they refused to acknowledge in his game earlier, and in the last month of the season, the only losses he endured we're in matches that went the full distance to top 6 players (Nole, Kolya and Del Pony), while he beat both Nole and Rafa in straight sets in the RR matches. So there is every reason to be hopeful, and one must not overlook that Del Pony was able to finish his match with Roger on Thursday, whereas Robin had to play a tough three set match against Kolya on Friday night.

Anyone else get the feeling that if other tournaments took such a brutal format as the WTF that required players to only get 12-24 hours of rest between matches, that Kolya might really thrive in that kind of format because of his workaholic like tendencies? He finished runner-up last year to Djokovic you'll recall. I will definitely pick him again for getting far next year in the WTF if they keep this same kind of format. I'm amazed he was able to play that 3 setter against Robin on Friday night and then come out and beat a well rested Fed on Saturday afternoon. But then he has always been a player that kept his ranking high by playing in more tournaments than any of the other players and he has been quoted as saying he needs to play all the time for his rhythm. Most players need time to recuperate as a higher priority.
Baggy: 2010 Sydney Champion
Gulbis: 2010 Delray Beach Champion
Del Pony: 2009 U.S. Open Champion (Please come back! )
======================================
Nolby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #1517
country flag Rob-ic

Rob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond reputeRob-ic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody. My first post in here. Have followed Söderling for a while and now with the new forum I decided to become a member. Looking forward to Robin's 2010 season. Let's go!
Rob-ic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #1518
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob-ic View Post
Hi everybody. My first post in here. Have followed Söderling for a while and now with the new forum I decided to become a member. Looking forward to Robin's 2010 season. Let's go!
and welcome.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #1519
country flag Aaric

Aaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard

DjokovicˇSoderling
Aaric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #1520
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

*Non-tennis* Everybody on this forum should sign the petition called "2grader" which in English means "2degrees". You sign to "ensure that the temperature will only increase by a maximum of two degrees" among others. It's for the COP15 next week - sign to save Earth! Website: http://www.2grader.se/en/
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #1521
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone got suggestions on a new thread name, different from Sodal's?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:22 AM   #1522
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond reputeNolby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTennis View Post
*Non-tennis* Everybody on this forum should sign the petition called "2grader" which in English means "2degrees". You sign to "ensure that the temperature will only increase by a maximum of two degrees" among others. It's for the COP15 next week - sign to save Earth! Website: http://www.2grader.se/en/
Thanks SweTennis! I signed the 2grader petition. Thanks for putting your butt on the line for the most worthy cause in our lives.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:26 AM   #1523
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Whats your thread name suggestion Sodal?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:42 AM   #1524
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTennis View Post
Has anyone got suggestions on a new thread name, different from Sodal's?
I think we agreed that this would become the chat thread so that someone will e-mail Carlita to change the name for every upcoming tournament. So first Robin is playing the Capitala World Tennis Championship in Dubai. And then the next one is January 4th at Chennai, and then the Australian Open. So we could think of something clever for Chennai, agree on the current thread name and then someone just needs to send a PM to Carlita.

We're all a little green at doing this, and I it looks like other Player Forums have not updated yet for next years, but here are some examples:

Tsonga Forum: "The Australian Open Season 2009" [Pretty simple and direct]
Nole Forum: "Nole will have the last laugh in London! 2009 ATP World Tour Finals Cheering Thread!"

So something along those lines. If anyone gets an inspired thought specifically for the Capitala World Championships, go ahead and post it. This one looks like it will be a ton of fun. I remember it last year. Only the best players in the world participate:

http://www.capitalawtc.com/Home.aspx

Old 12-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #1525
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Whats your thread name suggestion Sodal?
I think like other Soda fans, I am just starting to heal from that horribly close Semi-Final loss, so I don't have any inspired ideas for the Capitala World Tennis Championship or Chennai yet. We could always just call it the "Soderking Australian Open Season Cheering Thread" or something generic like that to cover those three tourneys.

Actually, we can do polls too, right? Obviously, Robin has a ton of nicknames and there is his real name that we might want to use in the thread too. I'd be interested in hearing what people prefer to call him right now. I like "Soderking" because it implies King of Earth, which is a successful and positive nickname. Obviously, these all come to mind:

Robin
Sod
Soda
Toad (I look at this as a hater's nickname, but some fans have warmed to it anyway)
Soderking
Old 12-01-2009, 05:01 AM   #1526
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Since we would need a new name for every time he changes tournament and we would need to call Carlita for that, I suppose its better to call this the "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" where we could talk about anything and maybe the livescores thread name could be changed for every tournament, since Swetennis crated, what you think?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:51 AM   #1527
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Since we would need a new name for every time he changes tournament and we would need to call Carlita for that, I suppose its better to call this the "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" where we could talk about anything and maybe the livescores thread name could be changed for every tournament, since Swetennis crated, what you think?

Spot on! That is rational thinking. Do you want to PM Carlita with the thread name change? I'm sick of looking at "soderling".

SweTennis, you cool with updating the Live Scoring thread title?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 AM   #1528
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just about to leave for work so not much time now, but just wanted to say I agree with that. On Nole's Forum, our Chat Thread is simply Volume, 1, 2, 3 etc, and within that the thread starter can change the main body of the title if they want. At the moment it's "What shall we do in the off-Season?" so it can be topical or doesn't need to change at all. Does that make sense? Probably not - it's way too early here to think clearly. OK - off to work - see you later

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #1529
country flag Nolby
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
Just about to leave for work so not much time now, but just wanted to say I agree with that. On Nole's Forum, our Chat Thread is simply Volume, 1, 2, 3 etc, and within that the thread starter can change the main body of the title if they want. At the moment it's "What shall we do in the off-Season?" so it can be topical or doesn't need to change at all. Does that make sense? Probably not - it's way too early here to think clearly. OK - off to work - see you later
Thanks, Rose. Our issue has always been that the "soderling" original thread starter stopped posting in 2005 (and is in red for some reason; says a lot about soderking fan struggles ). So we have to send a PM to change this thread title. So we will probably just go with "Soderking Chat Thread vol.1" and leave it at that. Our other threads are within our control.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #1530
country flag Etern

Etern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond reputeEtern has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodal View Post
Cool, eh?! I wish we had been able to "christen" the new Forum with a win against Del Pony in the WTF Semis. As it was, it was probably the most heart sickening loss I've experienced for some time since he had he was leading 7-6, 3-6, 4-2 and lost in a third set tiebreak. But on the bright side, the match could not have been closer, even his harshest critics are recognizing some strenths they refused to acknowledge in his game earlier, and in the last month of the season, the only losses he endured we're in matches that went the full distance to top 6 players (Nole, Kolya and Del Pony), while he beat both Nole and Rafa in straight sets in the RR matches. So there is every reason to be hopeful, and one must not overlook that Del Pony was able to finish his match with Roger on Thursday, whereas Robin had to play a tough three set match against Kolya on Friday night.

Anyone else get the feeling that if other tournaments took such a brutal format as the WTF that required players to only get 12-24 hours of rest between matches, that Kolya might really thrive in that kind of format because of his workaholic like tendencies? He finished runner-up last year to Djokovic you'll recall. I will definitely pick him again for getting far next year in the WTF if they keep this same kind of format. I'm amazed he was able to play that 3 setter against Robin on Friday night and then come out and beat a well rested Fed on Saturday afternoon. But then he has always been a player that kept his ranking high by playing in more tournaments than any of the other players and he has been quoted as saying he needs to play all the time for his rhythm. Most players need time to recuperate as a higher priority.

Yes it was a brutal loss to handle. When he went up 4-2 in the third I couldn't stand still because I was so excited. But in the end I'm still happy about his tournament and year. If someone told me a year ago that he would lose in the semifinal in the year end championship then I would have been extremely happy about that. I think I'm almost as exhausted as Robin after this season, I need a break to get my energy back for next season

The format is perfect for Davydenko and his workoholic style. I like him and his game but I think it's a good thing that this format isn't used more often since it would feel wrong for someone to win a grand slam mostly on physic. Of course it's a big part of tennis and success in the grand slams (just look at Nadal and Djokovic) but I don't want it to be as important as in the WTF.
Etern is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote