Communicating with Andy - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
country flag chalkdust

chalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Communicating with Andy

Having spent the last few days wondering what on earth was going on over in Quebec, I have a suggestion.

Maybe someone who knows Andy could encourage him to e-mail his own news bulletins from these far-flung Challengers. It must get a bit boring sometimes out on the circuit and Andy could boost his morale with a little two-way chat with his many fans. Tim Henman's official site has some fairly interesting Q&A sections, which could be a good example. Of course, Tim obviously gets a lot of help from his sponsors with this type of thing but I am sure there would be plenty of volunteers to help Andy deal with the technical/admin side and probably plenty of potential sponsors who are already lining up to help/manage/control/own him.

On the volunteer side, editing Andy's thoughts because of image issues might be difficult to manage, I suppose. There must be a slight risk that Andy might e-mail something a bit too controversial and he would need to be able to trust someone to weed that kind of thing out - or else he could just make sure that he was very disciplined in being very bland in his comments. Tim and Greg could definitely help him there ;-). "I felt I definitely had chances out there and it just came down to a few big points but you've got to give credit to the other guy, I mean his first-serve percentage was 75%, which is just incredible, and sometimes you've just got to say "too good" but I can take a few positives out of the match like the way I played aggressively and tried to concentrate on my own game ...etc."

Anyway, surely something could be sorted out because the current situation is that we hear almost nothing about his progress in what is a critical stage in his career. In many ways, the struggle for ranking in Challenger tournaments is a fascinating World that I have only just begun to appreciate as a result of trying to follow Andy in the last few tournaments. It really is a hard grind out there with young people slogging it out to get a chance of a good career in tennis while others cling on through injury and the ageing process to eke out another couple of years with a shot at the big prizes... OK so I'm slipping into cliche here but nevertheless, it seems to be true.

Any comments/ideas?
chalkdust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
country flag MurrayFan1

MurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayFan1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Communicating with Andy

I would have thought it would have been easier for Andy to get someone else to post news for him as opposed to rushing back to e-mail everyone after a match, but yeah it would be cool for him to have an official site or something like that

READING FC

MurrayFan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
country flag AndyMurray

AndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond repute

I'm friends with Mark Petchey's parents... I could ask them to pass on a message but I'm not sure if he'd take much notice?!
AndyMurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMurray
I'm friends with Mark Petchey's parents... I could ask them to pass on a message but I'm not sure if he'd take much notice?!
Cool

We need to get Andy's mail address
It would be cool if we could write with him, I think it would calm him a bit down....

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
country flag AndyMurray

AndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond reputeAndyMurray has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that would be good... Not sure they'd give me that though!!

But I agree he needs an official website. Tim and Greg both have them, and what with him being the British No. 3 he really should have!

I'll suggest it
Old 07-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

My mates friends with Andy...I'll email him and see if he can suggest anything

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:27 PM   #7
country flag AndyMurray

lol
Old 07-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #8
country flag jmgsdoubsprtnr

jmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond reputejmgsdoubsprtnr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksa's Laydee
My mates friends with Andy...I'll email him and see if he can suggest anything
awesome.
Jan-Michael Gambill<>Flavio Saretta<>Andre Sa<>Amer Delic

SVERIGE
Soderling xx Pim Pim xx Jonas xx Ryderstedt xx Magnus
jmgsdoubsprtnr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #9
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMurray
lol
what ya loling at?...Alex Bogdanovic is mates with Andy...or didnt you know that

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:35 AM   #10
country flag AndyMurray

ooo wow
Old 07-31-2005, 09:45 AM   #11
country flag chalkdust

chalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond repute

Great, let's hope something comes out of this!
chalkdust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #12
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Good Luck with everything.

*fingers crossed*

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote