tennis newbie's questions - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2005, 03:08 AM   #16
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tennis newbie's questions

I repeat, don't base your racket choice in what players use it, because the racket might not suit you. You shall try all the rackets you can and see which one suits you better, no matter what brand it is and then if it is too expensive so that you can't afford it you shall search for another similar option
How long racquets last depend on what care you give to them. If you take good care of them they can last forever... or a really really long time. The thing is that you will improve in a few years and maybe you'll have to change the racket since the one you have might not suit your new game. But if you take good care of it, it shall last as long as you want it to.
Regarding strings, you shall try the one that the racquet comes with and see if you need it tightened, or loosened, or whatever. When you will need it tightened is a matter of feeling it. When you feel you're losing control and you need it is too loosen you go and tighten the strings. But I don't think there's an specific timming for that. Also you can ask your soon-to-be-coach, if you get one, to help you with that stuff, they probably know a whole lotta more than what I could possibly know
I don't think there's another maintenance... not at least that I can think of.
Oh and I'm not good at grips and that stuff, you shall ask someone else about it
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2005, 05:22 AM   #17
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

I like how excited you are. That is cute.
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:21 PM   #18
country flag 1sun

1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute1sun has a reputation beyond repute

yeah def dont buy a racket coz of its brand,price or bcoz certain top players use it. it has to suit u and your game. personaly i believe babalot rackets are good for most people, their easy to use,nice big head, good power. but woteva suits your game. but dont use federers racket, its quite hard to play with, small head and you need to be quite advance to play with thaT racket. and i take it your no federer and by the way dont rush into a buying a racket, make sure its right for u. and as carito_90 said your racket should last forever as long you take good care of it. dont take anynotes outa safins book. you'll obviouusly need to restring it from time to time but the frame will last very long. once again good luck mate.
1sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #19
sanpo

sanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond reputesanpo has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding rackets:
~ I generally agree with 1sun's opinion regarding Fed's racket (Wilson Ncode). It has a small head and thin frame. Not to mention that it is very light and that when you hit the ball,
~ While you're still beginning to play tennis, I recommend that you get a cheap/averge rcket. Unless you're rich, it would be quite a waste to buy an expensive racket when you start. Since you'd have to consider the size of the head, the weight, the length, the feel and the power it gives, your preferences would generally change as you get better. Like me, I started to play with a Prince longshot (large head and longer than average) but now I use a head intelligence racket which is shorter.
~ The Babolat racket (forgot the model name, the one roddick uses) I would have to say is one of the best choice.
~ You generally don't have to worry about your strings. But you must remember to regularly change your strings (which is also a good chance to experiment on tensions and string types). Hybrid strings are good (gut+synthetic) but they don't last as much as synthetic ones.
~ On coaches, unless you have money to spare, I generally discourage it. The ideal time to get one is when you're starting but that is only so that you can learn the basics with proper guidance. Once you know how to hold the racket, footwork, (etc.) then you could play without a coach. Since you could only get better with practice and regular play.
~ Invest on a good pair of shoes. This maybe one of the most important and practical equipment in tennis. Bad shoes provides poor support which could lead to injuries.
~ And since you're still starting you wouldn't notice much of a difference between balls that are slightly and heavily used. As long as they bounce normally, they are still good.
sanpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 AM   #20
country flag Patrick_Steele

Patrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond reputePatrick_Steele has a reputation beyond repute

For balls brand is not a big deal, I use Penn for a few stupid reason:
1. I just like the way they look.
2. I live in Pennsylvania.

For tennis shoe's just find one's you like.
Patrick_Steele is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote