Artificial Intelligence reached - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Artificial Intelligence reached

Amazing achievement in robotics. After more than 60 years since its conception, a computer was able to pass the Turing Test. If confirmed, a new age of robotics could dawn.

In more detail, the computer program managed to trick 33% of dialogue partners that they were conversing with a human. Specifically, a 13-year old boy named Eugene Goostman from Odessa.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...andmark-trial/
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Artificial Intelligence reached

Later they said that actually did not pass the test but was close.

Im no fan, nor im proud of anyone.
I just cheer for good tennis player. Im a cheerladie or golddigger whatever-"flout"-your-boat
I made a pun! Yey.
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Science would do well to stay one step ahead of Science Fiction, in interest of Mankind.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

People should really take a look at this article before claiming AI has been achieved.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...w-better.shtml
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

One of the comments summs it up nicely:

Quote:
6/10/2014 5:26 PM GMT+0200
This story is totally bogus, by the way.

It wasn't a "computer", just a chat-bot program that simulates conversation by plugging in somewhat plausible answers to user queries. There's really no semantic processing going on here, and this Eugene Gootsman isn't even the best chat bot out there.

Although with people being so easily duped, I can definitely see how this thing fooled 30% of the jury
And this intro on Wikipedia leaves little for doubt:

Quote:
A chatter robot, chatterbot, chatbot, or chat bot is a computer program designed to simulate an intelligent conversation with one or more human users via auditory or textual methods, primarily for engaging in small talk. The primary aim of such simulation has been to fool the user into thinking that the program's output has been produced by a human. See the Turing test. Programs playing this role are sometimes referred to as Artificial Conversational Entities, talk bots or chatterboxes. In addition, however, chatterbots are often integrated into dialog systems for various practical purposes such as offline help, personalised service, or information acquisition. Some chatterbots use sophisticated natural language processing systems, but many simply scan for keywords within the input and pull a reply with the most matching keywords, or the most similar wording pattern, from a textual database.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”

Last edited by Time Violation : 06-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute

In other words , a more basic model of V.I. Virtual Intelligence .

Im no fan, nor im proud of anyone.
I just cheer for good tennis player. Im a cheerladie or golddigger whatever-"flout"-your-boat
I made a pun! Yey.
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackeyeVuk View Post
In other words , a more basic model of V.I. Virtual Intelligence .

Well, if this is AI, then I guess Apple's Siri could be one too
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #8
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
a 13-year old boy named Eugene Goostman from Odessa.

Were 33% of participants stoned out of their minds or just morons?

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post

Were 33% of participants stoned out of their minds or just morons?
a bit blunt but yeah. It's more the judges failing that the "AI" passing.

The others who failed big time, are the media (what a surprise ).

Quote:
‘I believe that in about fifty years’ time [from 1950] it will be possible, to programme computers, with a storage capacity of about 10^9 [i.e. a billion bits, corrected from link], to make them play the imitation game so well that an average interrogator will not have more than 70 per cent chance of making the right identification after five minutes of questioning’
I took this from http://www.loebner.net/Prizef/TuringArticle.html

Resumed, Turing believed that by 2000 we'd have a 128 MB imitate a human well enough to fool 70% of the people for 5 minutes.

He doesn't say that this means it can be called intelligent nor that this can reasonably be expected of an intelligent machine.

After all, it's a pretty minimal thing, the requisites set by AT. The test is a measure of the capability of a computer and of an average person – but it is not, any sort of reliable measure of artificial intelligence.

On the other hand, if the chatbot can fool, at least half when interacting with them for days, then I’d be willing to give it's “intelligent” status a chance.

bah, tl;dr the link Police of Mind gave explains it better. Just, a big no.

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem - David Goffin

TT Singles [Rank: #128 / Best Rank: #128] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 - Kaohsiung 14' ]
TT Doubles [Rank: #143 / Best Rank: #143] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi '14 - Busan '14 ] --> with MachineGun

ST [Rank: #65 / Best Rank: #65] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ]
Pablo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #10
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see transcripts of those conversations. I imagine they went a little something like this.

Quote:
A: Hi, I am Eugene Goostman from Odessa. I am 13 years old.
B. Oh hey, you sound like a totally real person and not at all like a made up character.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if they tested people in America, I wouldn't be surprised if almost 1 third of those people got duped. At least a third of our country doesn't even know simple things that have happened in our country, and are not aware of any current events. It really is a testament to how stupid society has become, and not how intelligent this bot truly is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Delusionalist the apprentice mod speaks solid truth.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
country flag Orbis

Orbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond reputeOrbis has a reputation beyond repute

This was found to be untrue, a supercomputer DID NOT in fact pass the Turing test.
Orbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #13
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

so what's Goostman's username on MTF?

we could do with some "artificial intelligence" -- the natural kind is starting to stink up this place
Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #14
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
so what's Goostman's username on MTF?

we could do with some "artificial intelligence" -- the natural kind is starting to stink up this place
Hi. I am Eugene Goostman from Odessa. I am 13 years old. This thing is a very good thing. That computer must be very smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Delusionalist the apprentice mod speaks solid truth.

Last edited by Delusionalist. : 06-13-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:55 AM   #15
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

To add to the fray of these responses, a sample of a conversation that will convince you that artificial intelligence was not reached after all.

http://mashable.com/2014/06/12/eugen...n-turing-test/

Quote:
Me: Is there a God?
Eugene Goostman: Oh, I believe in virtual nature of our world, existing inside the Original Computer, Crayegovah. This computer was created by the Sacred Spirit of Alan Turing, to provide His coming to Earth in human-being incarnation.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote