The MTF BSG #5 - Congratulations to scarecrows ! [ Arab Strap - "Girls of Summer" ] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #46
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #5 [Theme: 90's songs] - Commit! (until June 16th, 10 PM C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I sent one minute before you. Can you confirm we haven't opted for the same song?
You're actin'-a-fool, here!
But just in case: no, it's not the same song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
14 songs already!

Guess everyone is sending the first song that comes to their mind.
I don't think so... For instance, it took me 6 hours to chose one. The most time I ever spent on chosing a song for this game.
Really, the themes should be more specific.

If RBA is a Princess, then I'm his Mario
(Lone but proud member of the SP Club)

Smoking the Rosmalen grass
and rolling in the Stuttgart silt.

MachineGun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #47
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #5 [Theme: 90's songs] - Commit! (until June 16th, 10 PM C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
You're actin'-a-fool, here!
But just in case: no, it's not the same song.
Good to know. I'm rather counting on my song being a new experience for most. It's not going to reach the final so I'll at least want the non-vulture brownie points. I expect two or three will have heard it before, but hopefully not more than that.
vBookie net amount won: 21577 (2014: +14882, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 99, TT doubles rank 118.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #48
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Good to know. I'm rather counting on my song being a new experience for most. It's not going to reach the final so I'll at least want the non-vulture brownie points. I expect two or three will have heard it before, but hopefully not more than that.
I really don't know what to expect with mine. But it's not a vulturing song at all! As always.
I can't honestly say if it will even make it to the Final, reach top 10 or what. It's just... It's the kind of track that could be a success or not at all.

"Full of Fire", I knew it wouldn't go far and wouldn't do well. I said it at the very beginning, but I wanted to try. It's still one of my favourite songs of 2013.
"Comment Te Dire Adieu?" was the obvious Top 5 song. I knew it would score well.
"Candy Says" reached the final and scored as expected, for obvious reasons.
"Golden Hours", I knew it would make the final, but thought it would be ranked between the 10th and 15th position, not 7th - nice little surprise.
Now, the 5th song... Confused.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #49
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really don't know what to expect with mine. But it's not a vulturing song at all! As always.
I can't honestly say if it will even make it to the Final, reach top 10 or what. It's just... It's the kind of track that could be a success or not at all.

"Full of Fire", I knew it wouldn't go far and wouldn't do well. I said it at the very beginning, but I wanted to try. It's still one of my favourite songs of 2013.
"Comment Te Dire Adieu?" was the obvious Top 5 song. I knew it would score well.
"Candy Says" reached the final and scored as expected, for obvious reasons.
"Golden Hours", I knew it would make the final, but thought it would be ranked between the 10th and 15th position, not 7th - nice little surprise.
Now, the 5th song... Confused.

My 1st was "Over The Hills And Far Away" by Gary Moore. Still my most successful, only to feature in a final, but mainly because it wasn't enough contestants to hold SFs....ended 13th. Not the most well known piece but I guess several had heard it before.
"Det Vackraste" by Cecilia Vennersten. Completely unknown to everyone but Kinski, I'd have thought. Figured it would reach the final, but I figured wrong.
"Summer Breeze" by Type O Negative. Also something I expected no more than two or three people to have heard before. Didn't think it would reach the final, and was proven correct.
"Sultans of Swing". Was pretty sure it would reach the final, but didn't count on the anti-vulture movement.

And now my latest....I hope to get high points from two or three people (not necessarily the ones that have heard it before) and to avoid last position in the SF.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #50
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
Grunge and Brit Pop will be big here for sure, I'm not sure if many people will post rap and hip hop, I don't know much about that but from my friends who are into it they go crazy about bands/artists like Nas etc from this decade so it could be very good
Whatever happens, I want a brilliant piece from you like Revolution Blues. You've raised the bar and will probably suffer much for it.

Quote:
Really not happy with a 2nd consecutive decades theme.
And yet you choose to not join my protest. I mentioned in the very early posts of this thread that its a better idea classify the 90s theme into a specific genre (rock/alternate/poprock/hip hop) but now that MTF has chosen to overlook my post, we might have a playlist that plays Metallica next to Barbie Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Yeah, exactly this. I would encourage people to send specifically 90's songs, not merely songs by big 80's bands which never bothered to recognise they suck and should stop (looking at you Bon Jovi, they even went into the 2000s, jeez).

In, song sent already.
U2 made the transition pretty well, but in their case, they changed their sound too. Joshua Tree to Zooroopa. But GnR, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Aerosmith had success in the nineties without altering their sound.

Quote:
Trip-Hop also. And, most of all, the huge development of electronic genres like IDM, Glitch, Techno (and all its sub-genres), future garage, folktronica, etc.

Really, the real identity of the 90's is in the expansion of Electronic music. And I love this decade for that!

And the golden era of Hip-Hop in my opinion. (the first half of the 90's)
Give me a reason to vote you! As you might have guessed, I think I know your band.

Quote:
14 songs already!

I actually took time out to listen to a whole bunch of tracks from the 90s this time. I'm probably as serious as you were last time, and if your history is anything to go by, that doesn't bode well.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #51
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute

My first was going to be a vulture song, but then I decided to choose a song I enjoy, instead of vulturing.
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #52
country flag MachineGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Give me a reason to vote you! As you might have guessed, I think I know your band.
Implying I sent a Portishead song.

I love them, one of my favourite bands ever. But nope, too obvious and vulture.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #53
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
we might have a playlist that plays Metallica next to Barbie Girl.
I'm sorry but don't see anything wrong with that. Diversity is fine.
Plus some people here probably don't like hip-hop or metal or dance and would not enjoy listening to 35 songs from one specific genre they don't like.
It's better to have a theme where everybody can play.

afterglows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #54
country flag Droog

Droog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond repute

In and sent. Tough choice.
to perform well beyond usual levels and achieve legendary status in the process

Federer, Murray, Dimitrov, Tsonga
Djokovic, Gasquet, Dolgopolov, Monfils, Haas, Tomic, Goffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
There is no way I see anything else other than a straight-forward, fluent and comprehensive win for Nando tomorrow.
Who else is with me? I cannot see why anyone cannot see this potential BEAT-DOWN coming?
Murray def Verdasco 6-4 7-5 7-6(3)
Droog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #55

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglows View Post
I'm sorry but don't see anything wrong with that. Diversity is fine.
Plus some people here probably don't like hip-hop or metal or dance and would not enjoy listening to 35 songs from one specific genre they don't like.
It's better to have a theme where everybody can play.
Thanks for your point of view. Disagree mostly because nineties is itself too diverse for folks interested in pop to not find something they like in rock and vice versa. But I can think of one logistical reason why it might not work on MTF. Less participants and the probability of a direct final.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Old 06-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #56
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
14 songs already!

I happened to be obsessed with the song I sent at the time the theme was chosen. Sent it within 2 minutes I think.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #57

I'm fully confused now. I have six top notch songs, all from different genres. Now I'll have to randomly pick one. So I think I'll just write them on paper and draw.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #58
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
I'm fully confused now. I have six top notch songs, all from different genres. Now I'll have to randomly pick one. So I think I'll just write them on paper and draw.
If you have six then one throw of a die seems a good way of deciding.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #59
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute

... Well this.

Anyway im in too. New song, new stuff.

Im no fan, nor im proud of anyone.
I just cheer for good tennis player. Im a cheerladie or golddigger whatever-"flout"-your-boat
I made a pun! Yey.

Last edited by BlackeyeVuk : 06-10-2014 at 04:45 PM.
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #60
country flag mcarvalho

mcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond repute

Just sent my song. A vulture one of course...
mcarvalho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote