The MTF BSG #5 - Congratulations to scarecrows ! [ Arab Strap - "Girls of Summer" ] - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-12-2014, 01:36 AM   #151
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #5 [Theme: 90's songs] - Commit! (until June 16th, 10 PM C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
I'm part of the Honest, Upright Brigade
And I am the lone member.

I'm here, staying faithful to music I like...

Non-Tennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>General Messages
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014, 01:40 AM   #152

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #5 [Theme: 90's songs] - Commit! (until June 16th, 10 PM C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I'm last of those who has been in every game. What does that make me?
Sloane Stephens.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #153
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

I think somebody said here the category should be stricter defined so that we'd have typical 90s music and not some non-90s-style songs released in the 90s.

I'm afraid my song is quite non-90s-style so I already expect lots of hate.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #154
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good to know. I'm rather counting on my song being a new experience for most. It's not going to reach the final so I'll at least want the non-vulture brownie points. I expect two or three will have heard it before, but hopefully not more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
He could actually do Radiohead, but I'm hoping the anti-vulture squad will call out "Creep". CCR will surely do grunge, possibly something off-center like Gin Blossoms or Foo Fighters.
Litotes, Tripwires, Nathaliia, Nadeeya -- GnR, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, 90's Pink Floyd & Queen, Madonna, JLO, Bryan Adams, U2, REM -- all the bands that crossed over from 80s to 90s, basically
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglows View Post
I have trouble seeing Kinski choosing something like the Foo Fighters, not experimental enough

I can imagine something like that:
Litotes, Tripwires, Nathaliia, Nadeeya, and the rest - going for the Usual Suspects (GnR, Radiohead, Nirvana,RCHP, Madonna...) or one hit-wonders (EMF, Semisonic,Third Eye Blind,...)

I must say, good luck to me finding a GnR, Radiohead, Nirvana, RHCP, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, U2, Queen, Bryan Adams or REM song that only two or three people have heard before. Should be an interesting challenge.
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 94, TT doubles rank 106.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #155
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
I uploaded in the front page all the results and rankings after each Game.

Here's a preview with the Results of and Rankings after Game #4:

My #5 in Game 1 has ruined all my credibility. Can't wait for it to drop, so that I can battle Litotes and Seahorse for the Real(Integrity) #1. Only last 5 games counted in rankings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinski76 View Post
Hope there are still slots available (upper limit is 40?) when I have returned from my little excursion into the mountains. This edition seems to pull in many posters, which is good. Won't be able to send anything before either late tonight or tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashcityrocker View Post
wild card for Kinski I say !
I agree. Some of the faithful participants should have a slot reserved if they request it. Kinski, me and and whoever else asks for it. If not, both of us deserve a weird pick wild-card kinski. I'll relinquish my claim to it for her and take the past-and-future wild card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What's the point of the upper limit? Is it really so much harder to manage?

I think each SF could have 30 which is the limit for a direct final. And as 30 is the limit, allow 3 SFs in case or 60+ songs. 90 would be the maximum which would hardly ever be achieved.
I agree with MachineGun's reply to this. More than 40 becomes too much to listen to properly in a week.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:45 AM   #156
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I must say, good luck to me finding a GnR, Radiohead, Nirvana, RHCP, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, U2, Queen, Bryan Adams or REM song that only two or three people have heard before. Should be an interesting challenge.
REM especially have loads of hidden gems in every album. I could name about a dozen (soft and hard) but I'll only sample one here because nobody's going to use this gem. Ever.

Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #157
country flag HoorayBeer

HoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I think somebody said here the category should be stricter defined so that we'd have typical 90s music and not some non-90s-style songs released in the 90s.

I'm afraid my song is quite non-90s-style so I already expect lots of hate.

I am curious now to figure out your song cause offhand other then the New Radicals hit "You Get What You Give" I can't think of any 90s song that outright sounds like it's from another decade.
HoorayBeer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 AM   #158
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
disgusting, that is what the hate for U2 on here is!

1990s represents the band at its best, Achtung Baby shits on any other cross over attempt by a band that was successful in the 80s, even the b sides make most bands material look incompetent. Not to mention Zooropa, glorious glorious stuff, lemon?! the wanderer?! (a synth bass line and Johnny Cash, what more do you want ) even the standard single Stay is beautiful. Then there is the gloriously underrated Pop (wake up dead man has never been even close to being matched by the band since) not to mention their other works. Maybe is because so many hate them that they've grown on me so much but honestly I don't give a shit that bono reserved a seat on a flight for his hat or whatever because 90s U2 ensures I will kiss his ass any day of the week, no matter how much crap he has produced from "all you can't leave behind" and onwards.

sorry I'm drunk
Why you no drink with us! Btw.. Johnny cash mmmm. Solitary man.

Im no fan, nor im proud of anyone.
I just cheer for good tennis player. Im a cheerladie or golddigger whatever-"flout"-your-boat
I made a pun! Yey.
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #159
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
disgusting, that is what the hate for U2 on here is!

1990s represents the band at its best, Achtung Baby shits on any other cross over attempt by a band that was successful in the 80s, even the b sides make most bands material look incompetent. Not to mention Zooropa, glorious glorious stuff, lemon?! the wanderer?! (a synth bass line and Johnny Cash, what more do you want ) even the standard single Stay is beautiful. Then there is the gloriously underrated Pop (wake up dead man has never been even close to being matched by the band since) not to mention their other works. Maybe is because so many hate them that they've grown on me so much but honestly I don't give a shit that bono reserved a seat on a flight for his hat or whatever because 90s U2 ensures I will kiss his ass any day of the week, no matter how much crap he has produced from "all you can't leave behind" and onwards.

sorry I'm drunk
I like 1990s U2 and I'm not afraid to admit it. Great band.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #160
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
REM especially have loads of hidden gems in every album. I could name about a dozen (soft and hard) but I'll only sample one here because nobody's going to use this gem. Ever.

So you think only two or three people here (or three/four including me) has played through "Monster"? That would surprise me.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #161
country flag BlackeyeVuk

BlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond reputeBlackeyeVuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you think only two or three people here (or three/four including me) has played through "Monster"? That would surprise me.
Me too. I must admit not every song can be good, but finding hidden REM song would be... surprising(for example).

Im no fan, nor im proud of anyone.
I just cheer for good tennis player. Im a cheerladie or golddigger whatever-"flout"-your-boat
I made a pun! Yey.
BlackeyeVuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #162
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not that. I'm saying I don't recall this song having any radio play. Obviously, many would have heard Monster.

But what's with your sudden fetish with unknown numbers anyway? You've already committed sacrilege with Sultans of Swing. Might as well vote-whore again.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 06-12-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #163
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoorayBeer View Post
I am curious now to figure out your song cause offhand other then the New Radicals hit "You Get What You Give" I can't think of any 90s song that outright sounds like it's from another decade.
my fav new radicals is this <3

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #164
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

i considered nominating this probably not typical 90s either...

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #165

Actually, I'm probably going down a troll(y) route, but it is a song I like.