Vamos, Alex! - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #331
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vamos, Alex!

yes, vamos Alex in Bucharest
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 08:48 PM   #332
country flag deflori

deflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond repute

I hope thats true,on the homepage stand that he win,on the bucharest site i read first he lost 5-7 the third......

But i think its corect........vamos alex.....and plzzzzzzzz play 05 till 2010,fight on and think on agassis downs!
deflori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:04 PM   #333
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Ay, no, Alex... ouahh!!!

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 10:58 PM   #334
country flag Angelique 1

Angelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!
I think,it is corretct that Alex won 7-5,2-6,7-5.It is on his web-site and on
most sports-web-sites (like eurosport).But I´m confused about the tournaments web-site,which has some errors i think.Alex write on his web-site,that he is playing doubles with Albert Costa,but I couldn´t find them in the doubles draw.Maybe Albert has retired becouse od injury.He lost so clearly against french player Mathieu.
Let´s hope ,Alex can win against the french to reach his first QF of the year.
Vamos Alex!!!!
Angelique 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:18 AM   #335
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, someone told me Alex had lost... but he won a 3-setter!!

Woo hoo!!

BCR ROMANIA OPEN
Bucharest, Romania
September 13, 2004
Corretja Wins Three Set Thriller
© Getty Images
Defending champion, David Sanchez started strong by routing Raemon Sluiter 6-2, 7-6(3) at the BCR Romania Open on Monday. With the win, he improves to 19-23 (16-14 in clay) and will face the winner of Argentines Franco Squillari and Jose Acasuso.

Third seed and 2002 Roland Garros champion Albert Costa was upset by Paul Henri Mathieu 6-1, 6-2. Mathieu had won five successive games in both sets. In the first he went from 1-1 to 6-1 and in the second from 0-1 to 5-1. Mathieu had played in only five ATP events coming into Bucharest, due to a wrist injury, which forced him out for seven months. He reached third round at the US open, lost to Sargsian after having held match points. Costa played in Bucharest for the fourth time, having made the semifinals twice in 1994 &1999.

In the most exciting match of the day, former No. 2 player in the world Alex Corretja defeated fellow Spaniard Oscar Hernandez 7-5, 2-6, 7-5. After alternate service breaks in the four first games of the match, Corretja was able to hold close the first set 7-5. Hernandez won a streak of five games in the second set to claim it 6-2. In a very close third set, Corretja broke Hernandez’ serve in the last game of the match to seal victory. The 30-year-old Spaniard will play Mathieu in the second round.

The 2003 Rome Masters Series winner Felix Mantilla upset No. 5 seed Nikolai Davydenko 7-6(3), 6-0. With the win, the 29-year-old Spaniard improves to 16-14 this year and will face the winner of Alex Calatrava and Juan Monaco for a spot in the quarterfinals.

No. 4 seed Igor Andreev was flawless in his 6-2, 6-3 victory over Kristof Vliegen. Andreev now hopes to continue his success this year after reaching the fourth round of Roland Garros (l. to Gaudio) and the final in Gstaad (l to Federer). He will play the winner of Razvan Sabau and Philipp Kohlschreiber.

Arnaud Di Pasquale advanced to the second round after Daniel Elsner had to retire due to injury when Di Pasquale was leading 4-0 in the first set.
AUDIO
Igor Andreev
September 13- d. Vliegen

Alex Corretja
September 13- d. Hernandez

Paul Henri Mathieu
September 13- d. Costa

TUESDAY PREVIEW

27 year-old Frenchman, Arnaud Clement, comes into the Bucharest Open with a 15-18 singles record this year, reaching the quarterfinals in Sydney after defeating Fish and Johansson (l. to Hewitt) and semifinals in Marseille (l. to Soderling). Also was the doubles winner at Indian Wells TMS (w/ Grosjean). Currently, Clement is ranked 88 in the INDESIT ATP Race 2004 having won 2 titles during his career (Metz ‘03, Lyon ’00). He will face qualifier Novak Djokovic for the first time in his career.

Djokovic is playing only in his second ATP tournament of his career. The 17-year-old newcomer comes off three future titles (Hungary I, II and Serbia) and reached two quarterfinals at the challenger level (Manerbio, Freudenstat). Djokovic lost in the first round to Filipo Volandri 7-6 (5), 6-1in his ATP debut in Umag.

No.1 seed Fernando Verdasco has been steadily climbing the ATP Champions race from ranking 108 in 2003 to his current ranking of 39. Verdasco won his career-first ATP title in Valencia defeating Ferrero in the semifinals and Montanes in the final. He also reached the final in Acapulco, defeating Massu and Canas (l. to Moya). The 20-year-old Spaniard holds a 26-20 overall record this year and 19-9 on clay. He will play Victor Hanescu for the first time in an ATP event for a spot in the second round.

Hanescu is has had success in all surfaces this year reaching the semifinals in Scottsdale (l. to Kiefer in hard), quarterfinals in Estoril (l. to Mayer in clay), St. Poelten (l. to Volandri in clay) and Nottingham (l. to Dent in grass). He is currently 83rd in the INDESIT ATP Race 2004 with a 16-20 record.

Upcoming Argentine Juan Monaco and Alex Calatrava will face each other for the first time in the featured night session match. Monaco, who has had a breakthrough year after finishing No. 324 in 2003, has improved more than 200 spots with wins over top players such as Massu, J. Johansson, Chela and Kuerten. Reached quarterfinals in Buenos Aires after defeating Lapentti and Chela (l. to Coria). Then, went on to reach the third round in Miami TMS by beating J. Johansson and Kuerten (l .to Srichaphan). He will face Alex Calatrava for a spot in the second round against Felix Mantilla. He is currently ranked 86th in the INDESIT ATP Race 2004.

Calatrava, currently 137th in the INDESIT ATP Race 2004, won four challenger titles this year including Turin (d. Gamonal), Lugana (d. Haehnel) and Montauban (d. Hernandez). His best performance of the year came in Umag, where he defeated Di Pasquale and Zib before falling to the eventual champion (Canas) in the quarterfinals.

this merits an article...

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
Old 09-15-2004, 10:06 AM   #336
country flag Enano

Enano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article!

Alex plays Mathieu today, second match after 1.30pm.

As for the next two weeks he'll play the stettin Challenger and Palermo.

VAMOS ALEX!!!

Alex Corretja Albert Costa

Fernando Verdasco Tommy Robredo Rafael Nadal

Other favourites
*Roger Federer*Charly Moya*Feli Lopez*Juan Carlos Ferrero*Rainer Schüttler*Mariano Zabaleta*Marc Lopez*Nico Almagro
Enano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #337
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

Mathieu will be pretty tough for him...but hope he does well anyway!
Old 09-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #338
country flag RogiFan88

Come on, Alex, help out the Spanish DC team by beating P-HM!!!!

VAMOS, ALEX!!!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 07:23 PM   #339
country flag jazmin

jazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond reputejazmin has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately alex just lost in 3-setter against mathieu: 63,36,16. too bad i can tell you though that it was a very tight match and that alex played great. and btw, he's the nicest guy ever )
jazmin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #340
country flag RogiFan88

did you meet alex, jazmin?

Old 09-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #341
country flag Angelique 1

Angelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond reputeAngelique 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Yazmin,you are right,Alex is the nicest player,I have ever met.
Could you see the match?
I have read on the ATP web-site,that Alex was leading 6-3,2-0, but lost
anyway in three sets.Was he tired after the the 3hour match against
Hernandez?
I wish Alex so much,that he can come back to old form.I have never seen a player trying and working so hard for a comeback!
Angelique 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:21 PM   #342
country flag RogiFan88

angelique, I know what you mean... I desperately want Alex back... maybe if he cuts his hair??? etes-vs Belge??

Old 09-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #343
country flag deflori

deflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond reputedeflori has a reputation beyond repute

any actuall pics,f.e fropm romania????? on the offical page i didnt found something....
deflori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:54 AM   #344
country flag Enano

Enano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond reputeEnano has a reputation beyond repute

The draw for the Stettin Challenger is out and alex has drawn olivier patience as first round opponent. He#s not on the schedule for Monday so he#ll probably play Tuesday.

Vamos Alex!!!

Alex Corretja Albert Costa

Fernando Verdasco Tommy Robredo Rafael Nadal

Other favourites
*Roger Federer*Charly Moya*Feli Lopez*Juan Carlos Ferrero*Rainer Schüttler*Mariano Zabaleta*Marc Lopez*Nico Almagro
Enano is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:15 PM   #345
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

is this the Challenger in Poland?