KIWI in LA --- Goin' Hollywood baby!!!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-26-2005, 03:55 AM   #16
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in LA --- Goin' Hollywood baby!!!!

:: Tuesday Order Of Play ::

Stadium Court Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
Vincent SPADEA (USA) vs Zack FLEISHMAN (USA)
followed by
Karol BECK (SVK) vs Dominik HRBATY (SVK)
followed by
James BLAKE (USA) vs Nicolas KIEFER (GER)

++

Auf Gehts Kiwi !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2005, 03:52 PM   #17
country flag IUBeccaKH2005

IUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, im new. I am from Indianapolis so i just had a fun week of watching "Kiwi"... watched him last year and as i was reading it seems that i along with the rest of you noticed a change in him this year. But i did have a question... not this past friday but the one before that Kiefer was at a dinner/auction i was at (he came fairly early to indy to be first on court) He gave commentary along with Bjorkman about the way the draw was turning out... when Bjorkman asked him to say something about Rusedski Kiefer replied with "i dont want to" and Bjorkman asked why and he just flat out said "...because i dont like him." (I LOVE THAT!!) anyway, anyone know if there's a specific reason he doesnt like Rusedski or if its just a general clash of personalities??

Kiwiteami-- did you enjoy Indy?
IUBeccaKH2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #18
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

You gotta love someone who speaks their mind ala Nicolas. As for Rusedski I don't know what their clash is if there is one. However, just looking at Greg he looks like an arrgorant SOB. Any one who wears a t-shirt that say I own the 149 MPH record for serve gotta be a jerk.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #19
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that Rusedski is hugely popular with any of the other players. But whatever, like any "workplace", it would be illogical to expect all the players on the ATP tour to get along with each other

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #20
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUBeccaKH2005
hi guys, im new. I am from Indianapolis so i just had a fun week of watching "Kiwi"... watched him last year and as i was reading it seems that i along with the rest of you noticed a change in him this year. But i did have a question... not this past friday but the one before that Kiefer was at a dinner/auction i was at (he came fairly early to indy to be first on court) He gave commentary along with Bjorkman about the way the draw was turning out... when Bjorkman asked him to say something about Rusedski Kiefer replied with "i dont want to" and Bjorkman asked why and he just flat out said "...because i dont like him." (I LOVE THAT!!) anyway, anyone know if there's a specific reason he doesnt like Rusedski or if its just a general clash of personalities??

Kiwiteami-- did you enjoy Indy?

Yes I LOVED it.the people there were so nice even with my bad english.Where were you? I was at all his matches,the blonde freak with curly hair screaming in french.I was always like 2 seats next to his coach in the first row or second.the auction,I missed it cause I had problems with my lost luggage but he was with me at 8pm to help me out.and I made sure I was the last person he sees and kisses before he left for LA. I really enjoyed the shopping in the city but DAMN it was so hot! the hotel was great,like him I was staying at the Westin,we were at the Starbucks a lot just talking about stuff.Does he have friends on tour? well I saw him with french players and a lot with Malisse and he practiced with Bjorkman .Most of the time,he is alone.You have to understand that Rusedki is the king of idiots! and at some point the chair umpire gave the point to Nicolas and Greg was screaming to us:so guys it was out right? and I was screaming SHUT UP YOU IDIOT! lol I really would like to know if I saw you..lol..or you saw me! lol
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #21

IUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond reputeIUBeccaKH2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: KIWI in LA --- Goin' Hollywood baby!!!!

Good, its always nice to hear people enjoying my hometown!! I have been going to the tournament since i was 12 (10 years now!!)--originally to watch Sampras--i quickly learned where the coaches sat, etc. so i definitly saw you. I was at all but one Kiefer match... I dont remember what day it was but he was playing at the same time as Malisse and i LOOOVE Xavier (I speak some french so i cheer for Malisse en francais). Unfortunatly i watched the trainwreck that was Malisse's Indy visit... @ least he did a bit better in Doubles. The auction was really great though, a lot of fun... I kept telling my mom to bid on Kiwi and Ginepri... if only she'd listened we'd have tix to the open. Ginepri is really great, i have kept in touch with him for a couple years via his website and email. So i was glad if it wasnt Malisse or Kiwi that it was Robby. Anyway, im rambling. I sit over in the West stands (where the players come out onto court) in fact i sit right next to the tunnel where the players walk out. From your angle i would've been in the section farthest from you to your left, right next to the tunnel, about 4 rows up from the court, first or second seat from the tunnel (i attend with my mom in the evening and sometimes she sneaks in the isle seat)... i have very long naturally blonde (straight ) hair... and probably looked like a lobster. b/c of that sun i was fried most of the week.

im soooo jealous that you got to see and talk to him. I wanted to so badly. I visited a friend at the Hyatt and wondered if he was staying there but the Westin is nicer so its good to see u both stayed there Did u watch his doubles match on Saturday?? As i was leaving the parking garage i went the back way past the track thats next to the tennis center (i used to play there so i get prime parking) and i saw Kiwi jogging down there for a run directly after the match. Crazy eh?? i so wanted to say "bon chance en L.A." buuuut didnt think he'd take kindly to an interruption.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome everybody!! Its nice to finally chat with people who arent only cheering for Andy Roddick!!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:56 PM   #22
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Becca, good to see that some more fans enjoy Kiwi and glad to meet you here on MTF

I personally don't see Rusedski so bad, but even in the mid90 and late 90s which was a very successful time for him in his career he was already one of less like players going around I see and nowadays his name is still up there in any MTF polls that are about topics such as "least liked player", "biggest jerk on Tour"..., anything like that. I think his doping case did the rest of him. Well, looks like a some players and Kiwi don't like him or have some issues with him but as I already said, I don't mind Rusedski and props to him the way he competes for Great Britain in Davis Cup and that his career just can't be put to death and that he manages to stick around there, ranked as high as he is at the moment; and all that with a bright outlook to get his ranking even higher because he doesn't seem to defend the biggest load of points for the rest of the year considering he lost 1st round at the US Open and that he has missed three of the four remaining upcoming TMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUBeccaKH2005
and i saw Kiwi jogging down there for a run directly after the match. Crazy eh?? i so wanted to say "bon chance en L.A." buuuut didnt think he'd take kindly to an interruption.
Yes, I agree with you and I think so too. I also don't try to heckle players while they're at practise or doing other things which belongs to their daily workout. I don't think it's the best you can do because it's part of their work.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #23
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was at his doubles match on saturday but after he loses do NOT talk to him.on saturday cause of friday he was in a vERY mad mood.the smile that he had all week long was GONE.On sunday before he left at 6am there was a smile esp after I mentionned that I wanted to see him on my birthday and he said,like last year! YES.Last year he gave me his towel and he wrote happy birthday in french for me.But this year,it is TOUGH I'm turning...30! You know I think that I saw you..were you are his first doubles match on the grand stand?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:04 PM   #24
country flag kiwiteami

Oh I forgot to say,this MTF is amazing thanks to eveyone who write here but esp too cause of Neely...she is our Queen! lol
Old 07-26-2005, 10:08 PM   #25

Speaking of 30, my sister just turned 30 and she said it was the best birthday she's had since 16!! But yes, i think i was there at his first doubles match on Grandstand... was that Tuesday or Wednesday?? i like being out on the "outter courts" better than Stadium Court usually.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #26

just kidding, i didnt see the first match against Fish/Blake... i did see the match against Kim/Lee though... but i think that was on Stadium Ct.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #27
country flag kiwiteami

On the Grandstand it was on tuesday.I was facing him,you know where they sit.Are you the blonde who was like behind his coach? and well I don't want to talk about my birthday.I HATE turning 30..i hate it.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #28
country flag kiwiteami

On august 2nd,I better be in washington DC and he better go!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #29

When i sit on Grandstand i ALWAYS sit across from where the players sit and i usually sit over toward the right (if ur sitting where the players sit), down pretty far (a lot of the time the coaches sit in that area too)
Old 07-26-2005, 10:28 PM   #30
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

With the matches of Spadea vs Fleishman and Beck vs Hrbaty already finished, Kiwi's match would be the next according to the schedule of play.

Right now for me the official live scoreboard is not working for me.
http://www.mercedes-benzcup.com/livescoring.htm

Does somebody know what's gonig on and if he is already playing? If yes, score?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote