Umag 2005: How Juan Carlos Became a Muppet - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #241
country flag fleur137

fleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond reputefleur137 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Umag 2005: How Juanqui Becomes the Loser of All Losers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beajc
change the name of the topic it's very not good we are his fan and I think it's not good to say that
vamos juani believe on you and we will believe on you vamos !
yeah it's getting very depressing....
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2005, 02:39 PM   #242
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik
I know he should have been determined to win this week but he probably just had a bad day yesterday - happens to everyone. To be honest, I don't understand why he entered this tournament in the first place. It's only worth 35pts to the winner and with Nadal, Coria and Moya all entering, the competition is too much. He should have entered this week's Kitzbuhl tournament instead because it is worth 50pts to the winner. Gaudio and Davydenko were the only tough players to enter that tournament and he's already beaten both in Barcelona earlier this year.

If Coria knows how to play on faster surfaces then why are is hard court results so much worse than his clay court results. He always plays the same way, he tries to bring his clay court game onto a hard court and he gets very limited success. Juan Carlos has won several hard court tournaments including a Masters Series event in Madrid, what has Coria won? A crappy little tournament in Basel. JC reached the final of the US Open and the semi-final of the Australian Open. Coria's best results have been a quarter-final appearance at the US and a 4th round appearance at the Aus Open.

I disagree that he needed to win Umag to stand a chance at the Masters Series and Grand Slam events. So many times in the past we've seen players come from no-where to suddenly win tournaments - in tennis anything can happen. Remember Thomas Johansson won the Aus Open in 2002 and Gaudio won Roland Garros in 2004. In fact, in Gaudio's case it was the other way round. He won the big tournament(Roland Garros) first and then went on to win several small tournaments(Buenos Aires, Estoril, Vina del Mar and Gstaad).

I know you're hugely disappointed/angry/frustrated - I am too. I was totally shockedwhen I saw the score but the truth is tennis can change very quickly. A change of surface, at this time, could only be good for JC. I'm not being 'optimistic to the point of insanity', I'm not saying that he'll start going on an incredible winning streak. But I do think this result isn't as important as people here seem to think. It's NOT the end of his year - he can bounce back from this
Please don't be offended...my rant was at Juanqui's poor showing, not your post. And you're right, Umag is a two-bit tourney, but at this point, I'll settle for any title (as I'm sure Juanqui would).

Of course, I would love him to surprise us this year with a big result, and I hope a change of surface will do him good (esp since I hope to see him in Montreal). So fingers crossed!

We all have different ways to deal with these setbacks (and there have been many this year, not just this one), so you'll have to forgive me for venting after this loss. I just had to get it out of my system. Sorry to Juanqui too, but I felt a little tough love was in order.

P.S. Btw, I did not say he had to win Umag to stand a chance at winning bigger tournaments...just saying that any title is a good starting point.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 07-30-2005 at 02:54 PM.
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #243
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

OK peeps I think we shoudl all forget this a move on (it's still hurting me to much and I don't want to think about it!!!)

We should look on the posative side and think that he has improved since this time last year. Just think, a year ago he was going out in the first rounds to unseeded players and lucky losers. He has got over that and now he has to focus on wiining against the big players again. His last few matches he has lost to top players Federer, Nadal and Coria (*spit*, sorry I really do hate him!). He still needs to gain some confidence inplaying them and it will come with time. He knows he can go it, look at how he has beaten Safin this year, but he just has to keep telling himself that.

He will be there again, I for one have total faith in him.

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:34 PM   #244
Lynne

Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Still can't believed he was bagelled by Coria.... But anyway, he really has to do well during the hardcourt season. This scoreline might be a blow to his confidence but bounce back juanqui!!

*#16 Ferrero Tard*

Vision without action is a daydream.
Action without vision is a nightmare.

Good Luck Juan Carlos Ferrero, Novak Djokovic, David Nalbandian, Richard Gasquet!
Lynne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #245
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
Coria (*spit*, sorry I really do hate him!).
After beating Nandito in Rome, he was a bad weasel. Now he's a very bad one Hope Pippo or Charly take care of him
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #246
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Umag 2005: How Juan Carlos Became a Muppet

But Juanqui's season has been okay IMO...yeah I know it's not what he used to be but comparing to last year...he's currently ranked 15th in the Race and he'll probably get 2 position up cos Ljubo and Richie didn't play this week. His season will get even better (still I can't 4give him for going to Beijing )
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Old 07-30-2005, 06:40 PM   #247
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

So which muppet is Juanqui? Right now, I'd say Big Bird (or Ernie).

Rafa is the Cookie Monster, Moya (or Massu!) is The Count, Ferrer is Kermit, Feli and Nando are Bert and Ernie.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Bert.gif (998 Bytes, 81 views)
File Type: gif Ernie.gif (1.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: gif CookieMonster.gif (1.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: gif Kermit.gif (1,023 Bytes, 82 views)
File Type: gif BigBird.gif (1.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: gif TheCount.gif (1.1 KB, 82 views)

"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 07-30-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #248
country flag Iza

Big Bird
My pink ego box
Old 07-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #249
country flag Iza

errr...could you tell me which ones' which cos apart from big bird i dunno the others
My pink ego box
Old 07-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #250
country flag RogiFan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
So which muppet is Juanqui? Right now, I'd say Big Bird (or Ernie).

Rafa is the Cookie Monster, Moya (or Massu!) is The Count, Ferrer is Kermit, Feli and Nando are Bert and Ernie.

From Left to Right: Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Kermit, Big Bird, The Count

Old 07-30-2005, 06:54 PM   #251
country flag Iza

My pink ego box
Old 07-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #252
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

Whos the stupidest muppet? Because that is totally JC.

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #253
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, after Roisin makes him do penance [saying the rosary 50 million times while wearing a hairshirt, kneeling on the way up to that mountain in Ireland iin the Irish mist and cold hitting himself w a cat-o-nine-tails], he's going to play mixed dbles w savestheday in Montreal.

AND... if he dares to crash out in the first rd in Montreal, he'll have ME to answer to... in person!

[and that's just for starters... ]
Oh yes, penance will be brutal 50 million rosaries is always a good start!

Quote:
Roisin, pray for a feckin miracle for a certain eejit!
I've been doing that for years!!

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 PM   #254
country flag RogiFan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin
Whos the stupidest muppet? Because that is totally JC.
Poor Roisin!

Maybe Elmo??

Is Marat Oscar the Grouch?

Is Roger Grover?

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 07-30-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:08 AM   #255
country flag Trace

Trace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I could so see Marat as Oscar the grouch, wahahaha.

My Livejournal
Trace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote