Umag 2005: How Juan Carlos Became a Muppet - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-30-2005, 12:53 AM   #226
country flag Trace

Trace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond reputeTrace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Umag 2005: How Juanqui Becomes the Loser of All Losers...

Wow... This is really the pits. Poor Juan Carlos What was going on in that last set?

My Livejournal
Trace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2005, 01:57 AM   #227
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

He was 3-2 up in the 1st set but then lost ALL the remaining games That's 10 games in a row This is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post. Coria has the ability to get on a roll, especially on slow clay courts, where you just have to admire his ability to grind out every point. JC said himself on Wednesday that the conditions were very slow and, although he didn't admit it, I think it favours Coria.

Anyway, after that tournament he should be extra determined nowto do well over the next few months. On the faster courts in Canada, I'm sure JC will have the last laugh because, unlike Coria, he gew up on hard courts and knows how to play on them. Who cares about a small tournament like Umag, it's the big Masters Series tournaments like Canada that JC is after. If he could choose between playing badly in Croatia and playing badly in Canada, he would definately choose Croatia.

We still luv ya JC Don't get too depressed It's time to go to work a week of practiseand then go out all guns blazingin North America.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:07 AM   #228
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute

roisin, your av kills me! Muppet!
Haute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:36 AM   #229
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik
...Anyway, after that tournament he should be extra determined nowto do well over the next few months. On the faster courts in Canada, I'm sure JC will have the last laugh because, unlike Coria, he gew up on hard courts and knows how to play on them. Who cares about a small tournament like Umag, it's the big Masters Series tournaments like Canada that JC is after. If he could choose between playing badly in Croatia and playing badly in Canada, he would definately choose Croatia. ...
[RANT]
Firstly, he should have been determined to win *this week* especially since Rafa pulled out. Secondly, I disagree that Coria doesn't know how to play on faster surfaces (he won Basel on indoor carpet and made the finals of Rosmalen on grass and Miami on outdoor hardcourt). Thirdly, Juanqui has to learn how to walk before he can run, so Umag would have been a good place to start learning how to win again.

Anyway, I know you're trying to see the positive side, in keeping with the 'optimistic to the point of insanity' motto of JC fans, but I just need to vent at JCF.

Still hugely disgusted with the lopsidedness of this loss and not open to any excuses--AT ALL.

Honestly, Juan Carlos (yes, I must call him by his proper name cos I'm angry with him!), if I were Jordi Arrese (and I thank God every day that I'm not ), I would definitely not pick you to play DC in September. You'd never stand a chance against Volandri.
[/RANT OVER]

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:44 AM   #230
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88

AND... if he dares to crash out in the first rd in Montreal, he'll have ME to answer to... in person!

[and that's just for starters... ]
You are going to Montreal? Me too. Excellent. This means that if we need to, we can corner him and have an intervention.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 02:53 AM   #231
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
You are going to Montreal? Me too. Excellent. This means that if we need to, we can corner him and have an intervention.
You'll have more opportunity since you're playing doubles with him, right?

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:56 AM   #232
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
I can see it now, "Señor Juan Carlos, as devoted fans of yours, we need to talk. And before we get any further, I just have to say... suba en mis pantalones!"
Haute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:51 AM   #233
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You'll have more opportunity since you're playing doubles with him, right?
A certain form of doubles... you can call it that if you wish

Old 07-30-2005, 04:52 AM   #234
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Apollo
I can see it now, "Señor Juan Carlos, as devoted fans of yours, we need to talk. And before we get any further, I just have to say... suba en mis pantalones!"
or ...not sure which is appropriate.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:16 AM   #235
country flag tutti

tutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond reputetutti has a reputation beyond repute

so bad .i don't want to talk about this match again
tutti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:18 AM   #236
country flag wudy

wudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond reputewudy has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrero,please tell me what happen? i need your reasonable reason.
wudy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #237
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[RANT]
Firstly, he should have been determined to win *this week* especially since Rafa pulled out. Secondly, I disagree that Coria doesn't know how to play on faster surfaces (he won Basel on indoor carpet and made the finals of Rosmalen on grass and Miami on outdoor hardcourt). Thirdly, Juanqui has to learn how to walk before he can run, so Umag would have been a good place to start learning how to win again.

Anyway, I know you're trying to see the positive side, in keeping with the 'optimistic to the point of insanity' motto of JC fans, but I just need to vent at JCF.

Still hugely disgusted with the lopsidedness of this loss and not open to any excuses--AT ALL.

Honestly, Juan Carlos (yes, I must call him by his proper name cos I'm angry with him!), if I were Jordi Arrese (and I thank God every day that I'm not ), I would definitely not pick you to play DC in September. You'd never stand a chance against Volandri.
[/RANT OVER]
I know he should have been determined to win this week but he probably just had a bad day yesterday - happens to everyone. To be honest, I don't understand why he entered this tournament in the first place. It's only worth 35pts to the winner and with Nadal, Coria and Moya all entering, the competition is too much. He should have entered this week's Kitzbuhl tournament instead because it is worth 50pts to the winner. Gaudio and Davydenko were the only tough players to enter that tournament and he's already beaten both in Barcelona earlier this year.

If Coria knows how to play on faster surfaces then why are is hard court results so much worse than his clay court results. He always plays the same way, he tries to bring his clay court game onto a hard court and he gets very limited success. Juan Carlos has won several hard court tournaments including a Masters Series event in Madrid, what has Coria won? A crappy little tournament in Basel. JC reached the final of the US Open and the semi-final of the Australian Open. Coria's best results have been a quarter-final appearance at the US and a 4th round appearance at the Aus Open.

I disagree that he needed to win Umag to stand a chance at the Masters Series and Grand Slam events. So many times in the past we've seen players come from no-where to suddenly win tournaments - in tennis anything can happen. Remember Thomas Johansson won the Aus Open in 2002 and Gaudio won Roland Garros in 2004. In fact, in Gaudio's case it was the other way round. He won the big tournament(Roland Garros) first and then went on to win several small tournaments(Buenos Aires, Estoril, Vina del Mar and Gstaad).

I know you're hugely disappointed/angry/frustrated - I am too. I was totally shockedwhen I saw the score but the truth is tennis can change very quickly. A change of surface, at this time, could only be good for JC. I'm not being 'optimistic to the point of insanity', I'm not saying that he'll start going on an incredible winning streak. But I do think this result isn't as important as people here seem to think. It's NOT the end of his year - he can bounce back from this
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #238
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik
I know he should have been determined to win this week but he probably just had a bad day yesterday - happens to everyone. To be honest, I don't understand why he entered this tournament in the first place. It's only worth 35pts to the winner and with Nadal, Coria and Moya all entering, the competition is too much. He should have entered this week's Kitzbuhl tournament instead because it is worth 50pts to the winner. Gaudio and Davydenko were the only tough players to enter that tournament and he's already beaten both in Barcelona earlier this year.

If Coria knows how to play on faster surfaces then why are is hard court results so much worse than his clay court results. He always plays the same way, he tries to bring his clay court game onto a hard court and he gets very limited success. Juan Carlos has won several hard court tournaments including a Masters Series event in Madrid, what has Coria won? A crappy little tournament in Basel. JC reached the final of the US Open and the semi-final of the Australian Open. Coria's best results have been a quarter-final appearance at the US and a 4th round appearance at the Aus Open.

I disagree that he needed to win Umag to stand a chance at the Masters Series and Grand Slam events. So many times in the past we've seen players come from no-where to suddenly win tournaments - in tennis anything can happen. Remember Thomas Johansson won the Aus Open in 2002 and Gaudio won Roland Garros in 2004. In fact, in Gaudio's case it was the other way round. He won the big tournament(Roland Garros) first and then went on to win several small tournaments(Buenos Aires, Estoril, Vina del Mar and Gstaad).

I know you're hugely disappointed/angry/frustrated - I am too. I was totally shockedwhen I saw the score but the truth is tennis can change very quickly. A change of surface, at this time, could only be good for JC. I'm not being 'optimistic to the point of insanity', I'm not saying that he'll start going on an incredible winning streak. But I do think this result isn't as important as people here seem to think. It's NOT the end of his year - he can bounce back from this

well said there are lots of good points
and you really made me feel better thank you
Old 07-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #239
country flag beajc

beajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond reputebeajc has a reputation beyond repute

change the name of the topic it's very not good we are his fan and I think it's not good to say that
vamos juani believe on you and we will believe on you vamos !
beajc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:40 PM   #240
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh maan...!! I couldn't believe the scorline when I saw it...6-0?! C'mon Juan, what the hell happened there?! Still in shock (as you can see (?!?!) ) but, this was suppose to be his tournament since Rafa wasn't here!

Never mind...move on, it's the hard courts now, and he SHOULD do a lot better.....
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote