2005 Cheering Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #46
country flag alelysafina

Location: In the middle of nowhere... and nowhere near the beach :(
alelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2005 Cheering Thread

The guys will try their hardest, thats all we can ask for.

I want to have my evil way with Tommy Robredo

Nikolay Davydenko Online

My Av was made by J'torian
alelysafina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2005, 07:51 AM   #47
country flag alelysafina

alelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond reputealelysafina has a reputation beyond repute

I updated the site

Nikolay Davydenko Online

Old 09-22-2005, 07:52 AM   #48
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am sure they will. I was at DC in Moscow in July and after the second day we were down 1:2 and everyone was sure that was it. It was Kolya-Gasquet and Igor-Mathieu the day after and all were saying "No chance".

Look where we are now!!!!!!!!!!!

Just do your best boys!!!!!!!!! I am sure this is manageable, we've been in worse situations and got out of them. DC 2002 final ring a bell??? LOL

DAVAI ROSSIJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{Annie} is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #49
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Annie & Co, any news on Kolya's health? I haven't seen any news on Russian i-net.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:51 AM   #50
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

Davydenko poses Croatia threat

Croatia stand tantalisingly close to their first Davis Cup final this week, hosting a Russia team weakened by the absence of Marat Safin. Mario Ancic and Ivan Ljubicic will be favourites to steer Croatia into the but in Nikolay Davydenko and Mikhail Youzhny Russia still present a formidable hurdle.

World number seven Davydenko has never lost a Tour match to either Ancic or Ljubicic, while Youzhny became a national hero in 2002 when he clawed back a two-set deficit against Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu to land Russia a first title.

Russia's Shamil Tarpischev also has the incentive of becoming the first captain to land the Fed Cup and Davis Cup in the same year following the women's triumph over France last week.

Local boy Ancic, however, says form and statistics will count for nothing when the tie gets under way on Friday.

"I am very well prepared, I'm in good physical shape," Ancic told reporters in the Gripe Sports Hall, just a short stroll from the family home. "There will be a great atmosphere, it will be a great feeling and we don't want to waste it."

Ljubicic, the team's most experienced player, added: "All the singles will be very close. Davydenko is a dangerous player but the surface is not his best, it will suit Youzhny more. Whatever, the tie won't be decided before Sunday."

The 21-year-old Ancic, who was nurtured as a junior by Croatian sporting icon and fellow Split resident, former Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic, is under pressure after defeats by Andy Roddick and Andrei Pavel in the Davis Cup victories over the U.S. and Romania this year.

"I lost the opening singles here against Romania in five sets, but I will try to use that experience to my benefit," said Ancic, who partnered Ljubicic to crucial doubles victories in both matches. "I just hope I get the win on Friday."

French Open semi-finalist Davydenko stirred things up when he said Croatia could benefit from home-based line judges.

"(Croatia's) main advantage will be the line officials," Davydenko told reporters, referring to a defeat by Ancic in a lower-tier tournament in Zagreb several years ago when he believed he "was robbed" by poor line calls.

BIG FACTORS

"The other big factors for them will be the home crowd and the fast surface."

Pilic is unlikely to call upon the giant serving Ivo Karlovic, unless either Ancic or Ljubicic suffer an injury or fatigue, although he playfully offered his thoughts on Russia's options.

"They are definitely weaker without Safin," he said, "and I don't expect Youzhny to play all three matches because he has trouble with his knee. I'm not sure he'll play the doubles."

Youzhny, who laughed off suggestions he had a bad knee, is a regular doubles player for Russia, usually with Safin. Tarpischev is likely to partner him with Igor Andreev on Saturday, although he knows if Russia are to win, they will probably have to capture three of the four singles rubbers.

"It will be hard without Safin but we will deal with what we have," he said. "Little things will prove decisive."
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 AM   #51
country flag {Annie}

{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute{Annie} has a reputation beyond repute

Maria It's been a while, ey? Good to see ya girl

No news whatsoever really. Last I heard was on Sport channel a small report on their training in Croatia and they said training sessions are full-on but Kolya's health is still a matter of worry, even though it's getting better

God help us
Old 09-22-2005, 12:44 PM   #52
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

omg, kolya is so important to Russia, god bless him most, bless
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:51 AM   #53
country flag alelysafina

Are you going to see the match on tv tosse? or maybe even annie?

Nikolay Davydenko Online

Old 09-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #54
country flag {Annie}

I CAN'T WATCH IT noemi...I will still be at work at this time, so I have no friggin idea how I am going to survive through this afternoon.....this is way too frustrating
Old 09-23-2005, 07:39 AM   #55
country flag alelysafina

OMG!!! I think im going to cry

Nikolay Davydenko Online

Old 09-23-2005, 05:30 PM   #56
country flag alelysafina

Yes!!!!! Nikolay won the first rubber!!!

7-5 6-4 5-7 6-4 over Ancic!!! way to go Kolya!!!!

Nikolay Davydenko Online

Old 09-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #57
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: 2005 Cheering Thread

a very funny report from REUTERS, i like it so much, dears, now you see plz

in fact, our kolya is so lovely, do you agree to it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishing in Croatia.JPG (60.1 KB, 4 views)
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #58
country flag alelysafina

very lovely!!
He fishes way too much

Nikolay Davydenko Online

Old 10-03-2005, 03:11 AM   #59
country flag alelysafina

Metz starts tomorrow!!!!! Yay! Go Kolya!!!
First round

(1) Nikolay Davydenko v. Ricardo Mello (BRA)
Good Luck Kolya!!!

Nikolay Davydenko Online

Old 10-03-2005, 04:03 AM   #60
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

hes seeded number 1 again. I don't like it
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote