Greetings from Portugal! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
country flag Pawn

Pawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Greetings from Portugal!

My name is Pedro, and i come from Portugal!

I decided to join this forum because i wanted to know tennis players better than i do right now!

I have been betting (with real money) on tennis but my results had been horrible and i was curious regarding those few boys and girls with a vcash superior to 10.000 starting with 500 only!

All of they started with 500 right? How they did it? In how much time?

Thanks for welcoming me and wish me good luck! Feel free to send private messages to discuss tennis matches or betting strategies!

Kindest regards,
Pawn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Portugal!

Hi Pawn,

welcome here on the board It doesn't happen too often that I see posters from Portugal. Indeed, at the moment I only recognize and know two of them and I kn ow them only because they are in the Petzschner cheering thread in the German forum because they became fan of them while he was playing a challenger tournament there

Do you know any reasons why Portugal doesn't have any high ranked tennis players? No interest in your country?

And as for the betting with vCash here on the board: Keep in mind it is only a game and if you lose everything you can restart again with 25$. Because it's not real money, people treat their vCash differently than they would deal with real money. Often those people who reach 10000 bet everything on ONE bet, something they would most likely never do with real money.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
country flag Pawn

Pawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond reputePawn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply!

The reasons why Portugal doesn't have any high ranked tennis players are kinda simple:

1) Soccer is the main sport, since forever... You go on the street and you ask anyone, who was the best scorer of Sporting, or the name of the coach of Benfica, or who is Ricardo Quaresma, and 99% of the people will give you the correct answers! For example yesterday our rugby national team (7 players) won the european championship and today, all the sports newspapers show news about the friendly match between Benfica (it is said that 60% of the portuguese is fan of this club!) and Chelsea! Everything runs around soccer...

2) If you talk about tennis with someone, the most probable is that the person will look to his sport shoes, because that's the name (ténis) we give to the sport shoes

3) To play tennis people have to buy balls and rackets and also rent a court... which is not very cheap. We are generally a poor country, and therefore most people practice cheaper sports like running (we are good at cross and running long distances: marathon, 10.000 mt, 5.000 mt) and playing soccer (all we need to play soccer is the ball, because the rest we can create!). I have played tennis only once in my whole life...

Regading the betting with vcash, even though people make risky decisions more often with vcash than with real money, it requires some skill to get from 500 to 500.000 (1.000 times more!), it requires a good knowledge about the players, a little bit of luck too, some times, but essentially the good knowledge! Today i saw a guy betting 300.000 on Ramirez Hidalgo, he was pretty sure he was going to win, i followed him on that (with real money) and won... not much, because i couldn't risk 60% of my money in ONE bet...

The people here knows a lot about tennis, and i want to learn from them!

Question: Who establishes the odds in the vcash ? Where i bet my real money i find, in some cases, really different odds for the players... what explains that?

Kindest regards,

Last edited by Pawn : 07-18-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Pawn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:02 AM   #4
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote