°_° - Stan's news - °_° - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #76
country flag Ciarán.

Ciarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: °_° - Stan's news - °_°

Thanks for translation
Ciarán. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #77
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...266205895.html
Quote:
S. WAWRINKA/N. Devilder

6‑3, 5‑7, 2‑6, 6‑4, 6‑4

An interview with:

STANISLASWAWRINKA

THE MODERATOR: Questions in French, please.

Q. Could you analyze your match?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, the analysis is easyenough to make. I have a feeling that Istarted off well. I had a good tactic inplace, and then I sort of lost sight of what I had to do, and I wanted tokeep ‑‑ sometimes I wanted to keep him on his baseline. Sometimes I wanted to be aggressive, and Ilost sight, and this is when he started playing well, and he imposed hisgame. He managed to have me do what hewanted me to do.

Q. At 4‑1 in the fourth set, what do you think? Do you think, well, it's over?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: No, you never want to thinkit's over before the match point, but I knew I wasn't on the right track. That was clear. That was obvious.

I tried to be a bitmore aggressive. I tried already at 3‑Love. I had two break points, and I wanted to playas I had played at the beginning of the match, to be real aggressive and tohave no hesitation taking the balls very early on. And when I managed to do that, I reallydominate the game.

Q. Do you have any explanation of why you lost sight of your tactic?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, that's his strongpoint. That's why he's 60th player inthe world. If you look at the game, thefirst set, you feel I'm going to win easily, and this is not the case. He tried everything to make me play badly,and this is what happened today. I lostsight of my game, and I managed to pull through at the last minute.

Q. And this being a first round in a Grand Slam tournament, did it have anyimpact, because it's Roland Garros? Canit play raw?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, I always said that. It's never obvious to play a first round in aGrand Slam. You feel you're in thetournament because I arrived early on, but if you have any doubts with regardsto your game, you pay the hard price immediately in the match, and this is whythe first round in a Grand Slam is never easy for anybody.

Q. You proved your record for matches won in five sets. Can you explain how you can be thatstrong? Is it your physical ability?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, I always said I likedmatches in five sets. Physically I feelstrong, stronger than a large majority of players.

So it gives me a rightto make a mistake if I may. I can affordto lose two sets and win the match.

Q. That was a long match. What didyou learn from this first round?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, I'm pleased. I know that my game is there. I know that when I practice, I feel good. I hope that with this match I have learnedfor the next round. I'll do everything Ican to achieve that. Although it was adifficult first round, I had to do everything I could to win it, and I need tomove forward with the next match.

Q. Eight games in a row that you lost between the second and the third set,what was in your mind at that time?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Well, that was tough. I mean, I had no solutions, no answers. I tried to relax, but he also relaxed. Then you need to refocus on the game andthink about more simple things.

Q. From a physical standpoint, if you compare what you're doing to what youwere doing two years ago, what have you improved from the physical standpoint?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, I improved a lot. When it comes to changing the rhythm, thepace on such surfaces, there are many of those changes in rhythm, and I feelmuch stronger. I feel I can reactfaster. I feel better, and I can imposethese changes. I'm physically fit to dothat.

Q. In the fifth set, everybody knows that you can be very strong. Do you think this has an impact on the wayyour opponents behave?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, maybe it has, becausethey know ‑‑ they know that I'm always present there for a fifth set, andI usually play very well during the fifth set, so maybe it has an influence.

Q. Next opponent is Massu. You'veplayed him twice in 2005, and never since then?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, I played him here inRoland Garros. I won in four sets. He's a player who had very good years in2004/2005. Then he went down in theranking. He lost confidence. But since the beginning of this season, he'sback up, back on the upward trend. He'swon a few matches here and there, but I've not seen him playing for a whilenow.

Q. This season on clay, you've never lost when you played opponents with alower ranking than yours. How can youexplain this progress? You now have kindof a margin of safety with regards to these people.

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, it's hard work andexperience. I worked very hard. My tennis and my physical condition. I played many matches, different matches ondifferent tournaments with pressure, without pressure, and it's true thatexperience teaches you how to better manage these types of matches.

Q. I saw most of your family here. Are they all here, parents, brothers, sisters?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, there were my parentsand younger sister. She was here today,but she's leaving tonight, but it's important.

Q. Four hours out there on the court. What goes on in your mind? Youmust be nervous, then disappointed, then aggressive.

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: No. Itried to remain focused, even if I was very much disappointed with mygame. I tried to refocus to become moreaggressive, to feel the pressure less. Ihad a break very early, and then at 4‑2, everyone would think I could turn thesituation easily, and then this is what I did. I managed to be aggressive enough to reverse the situation.

Q. Hey, your nose is all burnt by the sun. You played without wearing a hat, without putting any cream on yourface, sunscreen. Is it important or isit something you don't want to think about during the match?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Having a red noseafterwards? Well, trust me, I know if Iplay for four hours in the sun, I know that I walk out with a red nose, whetherI put some sunscreen or not. So it's nota big problem. I'm used to it.

Q. Let's come back to what you have in mind before you walk on the courtwhen it's Grand Slam tournament. Thismorning at 11:00, roughly, how did you feel? Were you a bit more nervous because this is a Grand Slam, or were youjust like before?

STANISLASWAWRINKA: Well, this morning, I waspretty confident, and the proof of that is I had a very good start. I went 6‑3 with a double break, and I hadbreak points on his serve, but knowing it's a Grand Slam, you want to dobetter, but I know that I feel stronger than my opponents over a match in fivesets.

Q. We had the feeling that you gave in the third set. Is it because you feel strong in five setsand you think, okay, I might as well give him this one, because I'm stronger?
STANISLASWAWRINKA: No, it doesn't make anydifference. If I could avoid playing allmatches in five sets, I would.
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #78
country flag stroopery

stroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond repute

thanks schorsch .

would love to see his parents and sister hehe... and well if there's any positives from last match, at least it's that he can still grind out result in 5 set, and he have good enough stamina to outlast his opponent in 5 set.

and for some reasons, the question about the burnt nose amuses me. he's so adorable

This girl adores Roger ♥ Stanley ♥ Marat ♥ Verdasco

Swiss Davis Cup team owns me.
Severin Luthi ♥ Stanislas Wawrinka ♥ Marco Chiudinelli ♥ Yves Allegro ♥ Stephane Bohli
HOPP SUISSE !!

Last edited by stroopery : 05-26-2009 at 05:18 AM.
stroopery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #79
country flag Ciarán.

Ciarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond reputeCiarán. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you schorsch
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #80
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond reputeschorsch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wawrinka: "Ci tengo a vincere a Lugano".

“Voglio dare il massimo, ci tengo a vincere a Lugano”. Esordisce così Stan Wawrinka in conferenza stampa. Il numero 1 del seeding ha appena battuto Sidorenko e appare soddisfatto della prestazione: “Ci sono tanti outsider che possono fare bene, dunque non si può dare nulla per scontato, ogni match va affrontato con concentrazione. Ora gioco qui, poi andrò a Londra una settimana per prepararmi a Wimbledon”.
It's in Italian, but I speak Spanish, so I will try to translate .

Quote:
Wawrinka:"I want to win in Lugano".

"I want to play the best that I can and I want to win in Lugano", that's how Stan Wawrinka began his press conference.

The number 1 seed of the tournament has just beat Sidorenko and seems satisfied with his perfomance:"There are so many outsiders here that could do well, so I can't take anything for granted and that's why I will have to keep my concentration in each match.
I will play here this week and then I will go to London for a week to prepare for Wimbledon."
Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #81
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, George.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #82
country flag schorsch

S Wawrinka - 25 June 2009
Thursday, 25 June 2009

Quote:
Q. Obviously there's a chance you will play Andy Murray. I know you have already mentioned his name.

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Honestly I'm focused on the next match, so no chance I will say something about Sunday.

Q. Can I just ask you how you think he compares to Roger Federer in general terms? They're the two highest ranked players left in the draw.

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yeah, this year he improved a lot. The last 12 months he's playing very well. He made the final in the US Open, he won a lot of tournaments. So of course he's just after Roger the favorite of the tournament.

Q. He seems to have a 6‑2 record over Roger. What do you think Roger seems to find a problem with him?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: I don't know. He's playing good when they play together.

Q. Do you think Murray is getting closer to Roger with every year?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Maybe, but he's young, so that's why he improved a lot the last 12 months. We need to see the next year how he's going to play. You know, Roger is here since five, six years. He's already won 14 Grand Slams, so you cannot compare.

Q. Which do you think is the tougher opponent personally when you play against them?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Who?

Q. If you play against Murray or Federer? When you play against them, who do you find more difficult?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Roger.

Q. Why?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Because he's playing different. He's playing better maybe.

Q. What do you think Murray has to add to his game to get to that level?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: I don't know.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #83
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Was this presser done after he played and won a match or after he spectated Murray play and win his match?

Poor Stan, they could at least acknowledge his actual match, no matter how 'routine' and expected the result might have been. Still another round until that potential match for both of them, it's one thing for me to speculate but this press conference is pretty shameful.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #84
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Stan is too polite to voice his scepticism.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #85
country flag juv26

juv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond reputejuv26 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
juv26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #86
country flag stroopery

stroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond reputestroopery has a reputation beyond repute

those interviewers could've and should've shown some respect to stan by asking how his own match went. it was clear that stan was getting pretty annoyed by all the murray questions. what did the interviewer think he is - muzza or roger's boyfriend or something? seriously.

as getta said, the bb is too nice and too polite. *pets stan*

Severin Luthi ♥ Stanislas Wawrinka ♥ Marco Chiudinelli ♥ Yves Allegro ♥ Stephane Bohli
HOPP SUISSE !!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #87
country flag Getta

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/...128605875.html

S Wawrinka - 27 June 2009

Quote:
Q. Looks as if you'll be playing Andy in the next round. What are your thoughts on that?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: I think is gonna be a big match, for sure. Andy is playing very well. Since 12 month, he improve a lot his game. He's No. 3 in the world. To play him here at Wimbledon is gonna be a nice match, and I'm very happy to be back on Monday, I hope on Centre Court.

Q. How equipped do you feel to deal with the crowd and the support he will have?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: No, he's playing great since he start the tournament. So I think he's okay with that.

Q. Have you had matches in your career comparable to it in terms of playing against a big player with a home crowd?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Not really. The last time I play Andy at the US Open on night session, but I lost in straight sets, so it was not a good match.

Q. Do you think you've improved since then?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yes, of course.

Q. What particularly do you feel you've improved?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: You know, I work a lot this winter and in February, so I'm very happy with my game. My serve is really better and I improve a lot my game when I go to the net.

Q. How difficult is it for not just you but players in general where Wimbledon has become so focused on Andy and the home interest?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: And Roger. I think they are focus on two player. But that's the same in the other tournament. It is always Roger or Rafa. It's always the same, so it's not something difficult for me.

Q. You never played Andy on grass. Which of the two of you will it suit better?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: I think he like playing on grass, but I'm not too bad on grass. So I'm very happy to play him for the first time on grass court, especially here in a Grand Slam.

Q. You're good friends, aren't you?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yeah, of course we are good friend. We are practice a lot together, and last week we practiced together before the tournament.

But when you are on the match you focus on the game and you try to win the match. That's it.

Q. But you feel you know his game pretty well?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yes.

Q. Does that help?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: We'll see. It's the same for him and for me, so...

Q. What is the most difficult thing for you about playing Andy, apart from his game?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: I think he's just playing very good, so it's always hard to win the points. He's just a very good player.

Q. What do you need to do for yourself to succeed, to beat him?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: To be very aggressive and to have a good serve, you know. Depends of the day. But if my serve is here, I have a chance to do some good work.

Q. What would be the biggest match you've ever played in your career so far, and how would this compare to the biggest match you've ever played?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Biggest match? You know, last year I play for the first time night session at US Open, and I think is a very big stadium. Is very hard to play for the first time there, so it was not a good experience for me.

But I learn a lot from that match, and I'm very happy to have such great experience on Monday.

Q. Do you think this will be a bigger occasion?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Yes.

Q. So this will be the biggest one?

STANISLAS WAWRINKA: Maybe.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #88
country flag Getta

Ahead of Stan's match against Andy Murray, it's interesting to read an article published on The Scotsman.

http://sport.scotsman.com/tennis/Nex...the.5408435.jp

Next up for Murray: the other Swiss Olympic gold medallist

Published Date: 28 June 2009
By Alix Ramsay at Wimbledon

IT IS strange how, in a competition of 128 men, the absence of one player can make such a difference. When Rafael Nadal pulled out of the tournament, the whole of the top half of the draw opened up. Without the world No.1 to shatter their dreams, everyone fancied their chances.

The feel-good factor has trickled down to even the lowliest ranked chap and yesterday even Jesse Levine, the world No.133 and a wild card entry here, thought that a place in the second week was his for the taking. Stanislas Wawrinka disabused him of that notion 5-7, 7-5, 6-3, 6-3 but he had to do an awful lot of running to get the job done.

The Swiss will be Andy Murray's next opponent and is through to the fourth round here for the second year running although that is usually his limit at any grand slam event on any surface. No matter, Wawrinka is one of life's triers and, with a level-headed approach to life, he is neither excited by the prospect of reaching his first quarter-final nor is he overawed.

Murray and Wawrinka have been doing battle since the Scot first appeared on the main tour and, overall, Murray just leads their rivalry with four wins to three. But last year they ran into each other with monotonous regularity. Five times in nine months they locked horns and, save for one loss on clay in Rome, Murray won the lot.

Not only is there mutual respect between the two men, they are also friends. Wawrinka is just the sort of man that Murray likes: a straightforward, down-to-earth guy who may not be the most talented player on the circuit but he works his socks off to make the most of what he has got. And it is that work ethic that elevated the Swiss from being a top 30 regular at the start of last year to breaking into the top ten last May and keeping him there until late into the autumn. Now ranked No.18, he has the experience of playing the top men on the biggest courts and he knows he has what it takes to beat some of them, too.

There is nothing flashy about the Swiss No.2. He is not one for extravagant spending, extravagant partying or extravagant indulgence. His only one claim to anything approaching a celebrity lifestyle is having a television commentator, who just happens to be ten years his senior, for a girlfriend.

His game is pretty much the same as the rest of his life – uncomplicated and unspectacular. His main line of attack is power: a good first serve and crunching weight behind his ground strokes on both flanks. The slight flaw in this plan is that it is his only plan – when things start to go wrong, Wawrinka has nothing to fall back on. When everything is in good working order, he has the strength and the ability to barge through to the latter rounds of any tournament but once there, he comes unstuck. Tackling the real elite remains difficult.

He can push the Federers, the Nadals and the Djokovics, but getting the better of them seems beyond him. He did beat Federer in Monte Carlo this year but that was only Federer's second match on clay of the season and it was just a few days after he had married his long-time girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec. Federer, then, was just a mite distracted.

If Wawrinka has a secret weapon, it is his ability to rise to the occasion. At the Beijing Olympics last summer, his form had deserted him and he played poorly in the singles before teaming up with Federer to play just as poorly in the doubles for the first couple of rounds.

But then, on the same day that Federer had been beaten by James Blake in the singles and appeared to be in the depths of despair, he and Wawrinka were called at midnight to play Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes. And it was Wawrinka who carried the match, dragging Federer through the two sets and on to the semi-finals. There it was Wawrinka again who provided the backbone of the team as they headed to the final and on to the gold medal. Federer's bizarre post-match celebration in which he seemed to be drawing energy from his friend, acknowledged the fact that, for that week in the doubles, Stan was indeed the man.

Whether Wawrinka can find that fighting spirit again remains to be seen. In Beijing, he had one of the greatest players the sport has ever seen by his side to help him but, then again, this week the world No.1 is not standing in his way.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #89
country flag stroopery

nice article, getta, thanks for posting .

here's hoping that stan will indeed be the man again tomorrow.

HOPP SUISSE !!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #90
country flag Ciarán.

Thanks for all the articles, guys