Stan Rollercoaster Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
country flag zjtennis
Gulbischu used Fly!

zjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stan Rollercoaster Thread

This thread has been quite barren for a Slam winning, Masters winner, and I am pretty sure this type of thread could create more buzz here. We know that this type of thread would have a lot to talk about

So, we know the different up and downs of Stan, like a rollercoaster. He had some of the greatest shots you could see, some he had the most worthy. However one thing is for sure -- Stan supporters go with him in this rollercoaster journey, a ride which people enjoy riding (OK, not all. ). Through ups and downs, through good and bad, we know still show support for our favorite tennis player.

So, this thread is where supporters -- hard core or not -- to vent whether Stan has a down, or celebrate big time when he has an up! This is different from the cheering thread, because this is more of you, the poster, to give your feelings on a particular Stan match, especially those which are quite up and down. So, here it is. Enjoy the ride and tell your personal rollercoaster feeling with Stan!
Enjoys post match analysis - Casual stats follower - General Messages Moderator

--------------------------------------------------

ATP World Tour 2015 Week 16: R. Gasquet (2), R. Federer (3), A. Murray
Clayray & Grassrinka cometh! -- 05.04.15, the Day of the ClayrayWhat if Taylor Swift coached Rafael Nadal...
zjtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #2
country flag zjtennis
Gulbischu used Fly!

zjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond reputezjtennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stan Rollercoaster Thread

I have to say while I am disappointed on Stan's loss against Haase, I have to say he's still doing well because he finally won an indoor tournament (beating big serving players like Muller, Raonic and Berdych to boot), and did have good runs in general this year, that I hope would continue. However, I hope he keeps his head high going to Miami, because with 2 losses in a row (lost to Stakho then lost to Haase), I wonder if it could get to his head. An advantage here is maybe he could train to Miami much earlier and get the upperhand in knowing the surface. I personally think he would do well but there is always that something in your head that it won't be easy at first.

Clayray & Grassrinka cometh! -- 05.04.15, the Day of the ClayrayWhat if Taylor Swift coached Rafael Nadal...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
country flag passingshotDTL
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

passingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw on Benoit's twitter that he's flying to Miami today. I don't know when Stan & company are flying over - Magnus was going to WTA matches today, so they're still in IW for the moment - but if he and his team hooked up with Benoit in Miami, that might relax Stan and get him in the groove. I get the impression that he really likes to be around friends, and with Gael and Jo sidelined, Benoit might be just what the doctor ordered.
Paire
passingshotDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

not a strange loss, classic Wawrinka with Montecarlo looming close, I think that one is more important than Miami. That said, he needs the points, so I'm hoping he can do a bit better. Maybe a QF?

Roger Federer - David Goffin - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Dominic Thiem - Lleyton Hewitt

Nieminen - L. Mayer - Delbonis - Del Potro - Berlocq - Djokovic - Tsonga - Melzer - Karlovic - Kohlschreiber

ST [Rank: #31 / Best Rank: #31] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ] [Wins: Australian Open 15' Montpellier 15']
Pablo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
country flag zjtennis
Gulbischu used Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo23 View Post
not a strange loss, classic Wawrinka with Montecarlo looming close, I think that one is more important than Miami. That said, he needs the points, so I'm hoping he can do a bit better. Maybe a QF?
I'm demanding SF from him to at least improve from last year's combined March Masters points. QF would be nice though, haha. Yup, just classic Stan, but classic Stan doesn't reach the big SF's much, right? I do hope he could be ready for MC, which has tougher chance to win (even though frankly "fewer competition" compared to HC IMO). Hope the track goes up after this down-coaster.

Last edited by zjtennis : 03-17-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:11 AM   #6
country flag zjtennis
Gulbischu used Fly!

I can't wait to see Stan again because the matches today are quite bad or boring IMO.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:31 AM   #7
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingshotDTL View Post
I just saw on Benoit's twitter that he's flying to Miami today. I don't know when Stan & company are flying over - Magnus was going to WTA matches today, so they're still in IW for the moment - but if he and his team hooked up with Benoit in Miami, that might relax Stan and get him in the groove. I get the impression that he really likes to be around friends, and with Gael and Jo sidelined, Benoit might be just what the doctor ordered.
I don't see how Benoit can be anything but a bad influence. Loser/quitter mentality.
This is what happens when Severin is not around

Come on, Stan, holidays are over, time to focus on tennis. :
Old 03-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Even though it was a very disappoiting loss for Stan against Haase we can't ignore the fact that Stan's second name is "inconsistent", especially early in tournaments.

He hasn't played for 4 weeks so he might have been a bit rusty.

I don't think it was good for him to have that long way off between Marseille and Indian Wells. He is a player who needs to play tournaments.

He has a lot of points to defend in Monte Carlo but can gain many points in RG. Hopefully he won't mess up his chance there then.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #9
country flag elliot404
Banned!

elliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond repute

His miami draw has early exit written all over it. Kokkinakis will be all over him and if he manages to get through that then mannarino may somehow get him. The good news is lopez will unlikely be a problem because i can't remember the last time that guy had 2 good tournaments in a row. If he gets to the qf's i'd actually expect him to beat murray and make the final but murray's draws have a nasty habit of falling apart which is a bad omen. He has a huge chance to make a deep run so let's hope he seizes the opportunity.
elliot404 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM   #10
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

He has a lot of points to defend in Monte Carlo but can gain many points in RG. Hopefully he won't mess up his chance there then.

I just hope he gains some points before RG (e.g. now in Miami or Rome) to make up for the points he will lose after MC. Otherwise he would fall out of the Top 8 and could meet Djokovic or Nadal in 4th round at RG

02-09-2010, 05:07 PM, about Nadal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n
He might win 1 more slam... if he's lucky.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:24 AM   #11
country flag zjtennis
Gulbischu used Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliot404 View Post
His miami draw has early exit written all over it. Kokkinakis will be all over him and if he manages to get through that then mannarino may somehow get him. The good news is lopez will unlikely be a problem because i can't remember the last time that guy had 2 good tournaments in a row. If he gets to the qf's i'd actually expect him to beat murray and make the final but murray's draws have a nasty habit of falling apart which is a bad omen. He has a huge chance to make a deep run so let's hope he seizes the opportunity.
Good news is that his alertness against the youngsters have been improving after that Thiem upset in Madrid. Beaten him in Paris (although Domi is not in form that time) and beaten Coric in Chennai. He has been practicing in IW and Miami more I think so maybe he's trying to make sure to prevent another upset as much as possible. Not sure about Mannarino's threat level, but with him losing to Haase, any player is a threat (or an easy out). I just hope he does go to his seeding. Surely, Miami shouldn't be worse than IW this year right? I still think he's not "absent minded" and the IW is just a blip (hopefully).

Old 03-25-2015, 05:37 AM   #12
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

passingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond reputepassingshotDTL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also worried about either Kokkinakis or Berlocq in R2. Hopefully that means he'll locate SuperStan and come out and surprise me with a deep run.
Paire
Old 03-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #13
country flag elliot404
Banned!

elliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond reputeelliot404 has a reputation beyond repute

berlocq will give him nightmares. This is going to be painful to watch so be prepared. Berlocq will just grunt and put the ball in, letting stan beat himself. If he gets through this 1 things may start looking up.
elliot404 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:41 AM   #14
country flag zjtennis
Gulbischu used Fly!

Roller coaster going up but still a little bit loop-the-loop. Was play suspended, because Mannarino's match result wasn't shown? Hope he improves. He still is rocky serving for it. Let's see what's going on.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:35 AM   #15
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjtennis View Post
Roller coaster going up but still a little bit loop-the-loop. Was play suspended, because Mannarino's match result wasn't shown? Hope he improves. He still is rocky serving for it. Let's see what's going on.
Yeah, Ramos and Mannarino's match was suspended at 1-all in the third due to RAIN OF DOOM. They'll finish up tomorrow.

As for Stan, that was quite the rollercoaster, as you say. I do think the conditions probably played a role in that. And at least in the third set he seemed to be settling in a bit. (Still - my NERVES, Stan.)
Paire