Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 07-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

as talked about before. they don't like Ivan because he was not born in Croatia and his mom is not Croatian, he's dad is..and over there, since the War of 1991..thats a big deal, they judge people cuz of religion, Ivan was born in Bosnia and his mom is Bosina, as most of him close family,

So i say to those people who still give shiitt about something that happend 14years ago ( the war) GO FU**CK YOU SELF.
__________________

Last edited by El Legenda : 10-13-2005 at 11:03 PM.
El Legenda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c
Registered User
 
I♥PsY@Mus!c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 12,684
I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Sigh.It's definitely not fair to Ivan. Don't they fuckhead know he patriot plays for Croatia? He plays better in DC at least 2 times but still no credit for him. Because of his extraction they dislike your cousin (really?) that is detestable.

Ivan you are a great player no matter where you come from.
__________________

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:17 AM   #3
country flag linus
Registered User
 
linus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newing for a better year
Posts: 25,659
linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDucky
as talked about before. they don't like Ivan because he was not born in Croatia and his mom is not Croatian, he's dad is..and over there, since the War of 1991..thats a big deal, they judge people my religion, Ivan was born in Bosnia and his mom is Bosina, as most of him close family,BOSNA
dear, i never heard of it, so sorry to know that

i like him for a long time, he plays so well and full of confidence, just like a true man and i saw his bride in pix, i pray for them with my sincere desire

and if he received so much unfair, omg, i him, would like to give him more supports and i think he will be stronger no matter where is the court or not

and dear, you are good too
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
country flag smarty06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 135
smarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty06 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
So i say to those people who still give shiitt about something that happend 14years ago ( the war) GO FU**CK YOU SELF.

i couldnt agree with you more. but you would be surprised at the number of people who still do give a shit. theyre pathetic
smarty06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
country flag Johny
Registered User
 
Johny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Johny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
as talked about before. they don't like Ivan because he was not born in Croatia
My God you are soooooooo wrong
__________________
Best of luck to my favourite players:

Marin Čilić Ivo Karlović Ivan Dodig

Rafael Nadal Juan Martin Del Potro Tomas Berdych

Proud supporter of Dodig / Melo in doubles
Johny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
country flag mini155
Registered User
 
mini155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 712
mini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny
My God you are soooooooo wrong
Do you think that he is wrong about the fact that they donīt like him, or just about the reason??? And before you say that Croatian people like him, think of the situation before everybody realised that Ivan is winning the Davis Cup for Croatia....
__________________
...neka pati koga smeta, HRVATSKA je prvak svijeta...

...malo nas je alīnas ima, nije vazno srusitīcemo snove svima...
mini155 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
country flag Johny
Registered User
 
Johny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Johny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini155
Do you think that he is wrong about the fact that they donīt like him, or just about the reason??? And before you say that Croatian people like him, think of the situation before everybody realised that Ivan is winning the Davis Cup for Croatia....
I think that he is wrong about the fact that we don't like him.

I read all the articles about tennis in Croatian newspapers and watch TV and I NEVER heard or read anything bad about Ivan. And I speak with a lot of people about tennis and I also never heard anything bad about him.
We always liked him (before Davis Cup and now).
__________________
Best of luck to my favourite players:

Marin Čilić Ivo Karlović Ivan Dodig

Rafael Nadal Juan Martin Del Potro Tomas Berdych

Proud supporter of Dodig / Melo in doubles
Johny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #8
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny
I think that he is wrong about the fact that we don't like him.

I read all the articles about tennis in Croatian newspapers and watch TV and I NEVER heard or read anything bad about Ivan. And I speak with a lot of people about tennis and I also never heard anything bad about him.
We always liked him (before Davis Cup and now).
well no shit, its not like they will say it in papers or TV,
__________________
El Legenda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:41 PM   #9
country flag Johny
Registered User
 
Johny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Johny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
well no shit, its not like they will say it in papers or TV,
Well, I also speak with people about tennis (a lot of my friends watch tennis) and I never ever heard anything bad about Ivan.
You don't live here so I think you cannot say how we feel about him (although you are his cousin - I have cousin in teh USA but I don't know what people think about him ).
__________________
Best of luck to my favourite players:

Marin Čilić Ivo Karlović Ivan Dodig

Rafael Nadal Juan Martin Del Potro Tomas Berdych

Proud supporter of Dodig / Melo in doubles
Johny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #10
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User
 
El Legenda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: US of A
Posts: 30,181
El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny
Well, I also speak with people about tennis (a lot of my friends watch tennis) and I never ever heard anything bad about Ivan.
You don't live here so I think you cannot say how we feel about him (although you are his cousin - I have cousin in teh USA but I don't know what people think about him ).
but i talk to him.
__________________
El Legenda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
country flag mini155
Registered User
 
mini155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 712
mini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

You donīt have to live in Croatia to notice that pretty much everybody likes Ancic more than Ljubicic...
__________________
...neka pati koga smeta, HRVATSKA je prvak svijeta...

...malo nas je alīnas ima, nije vazno srusitīcemo snove svima...
mini155 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #12
country flag Johny
Registered User
 
Johny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Johny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond reputeJohny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini155
You donīt have to live in Croatia to notice that pretty much everybody likes Ancic more than Ljubicic...
liking Mario more does not mean disliking Ivan (BTW. I like Ivan more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
but i talk to him.
Would you be so king to tell us examples of croatina people disliking Ivan? Give me some evidence! In sports newspapers and articles you can find nothing but utmost adoration and admiration for his play and his hard life (being refugee from Banja Luka).
__________________
Best of luck to my favourite players:

Marin Čilić Ivo Karlović Ivan Dodig

Rafael Nadal Juan Martin Del Potro Tomas Berdych

Proud supporter of Dodig / Melo in doubles
Johny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:24 PM   #13
country flag lovemario
Registered User
 
lovemario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 3,258
lovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini155
You donīt have to live in Croatia to notice that pretty much everybody likes Ancic more than Ljubicic...
Thank you!! You just said the point of it all!

See that's what this is all about,because mario is more popular-that means people dont like Ivan Give me a break.

Is Ivan called national hero because everyone hates him?

It's not mario's fault that he's more popular,not only in croatia; but that certainly doesnt mean that Ivan is not liked
__________________
Safin//Ancic//Blake//Cilic

Tsonga/Verdasco/Nalbandian/Youzhny/Wawrinka
lovemario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #14
country flag mini155
Registered User
 
mini155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 712
mini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond reputemini155 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemario
Thank you!! You just said the point of it all!

See that's what this is all about,because mario is more popular-that means people dont like Ivan Give me a break.

Is Ivan called national hero because everyone hates him?

It's not mario's fault that he's more popular,not only in croatia; but that certainly doesnt mean that Ivan is not liked
OK, what I meant is that they like Mario more, despite of Ivanīs better reasults... And yes, NOW he is called the national hero, but before he was winning the DC almost all by him self, he wasnīt even near anything like a national hero...
__________________
...neka pati koga smeta, HRVATSKA je prvak svijeta...

...malo nas je alīnas ima, nije vazno srusitīcemo snove svima...
mini155 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #15
country flag lovemario
Registered User
 
lovemario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 3,258
lovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond reputelovemario has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why some/alot of Croatian don't like Ivan

So what if he has better results,results are not always going with the popularity

He wasnt nat hero but he wasnt disliked,it's just sth rducky is trying to convince himself at. He was not everywhere in the press like now, but is normal, things happen abt him and he's everywhere,hope it will keep like that!
__________________
Safin//Ancic//Blake//Cilic

Tsonga/Verdasco/Nalbandian/Youzhny/Wawrinka
lovemario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios