Italian Tennis - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2005, 04:58 AM   #16
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italian Tennis

if daniele wins against raemon he'll be top 100 for sure
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 AM   #17
country flag Champion number 1

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes at the moment Daniele only goes up a couple of points because this time last year he went out of a 25k challenger event in the QF. So it means the 2nd round here doesnt bring you so many more points, but if he reaches the quarters then he receives an extra 30 pts and that should take him to the top 100 or at least very near. Come on Daniele you can beat him.

For the others. Seppi and Starace have very tough matches v the Spaniards Martin and Robredo respectively in their round 2 matches.

Volandri failed us. He will lose many ranking pts as this week the Umag tournament (where he reached final) is coming off the rankings and entered will be this crappy event for him. He has a chance to make up for it next week in Umag though

He hasnt won an ATP tour match since the French where he was injured in the 3rd round. This seems to have downed him. Still, hes only had 3 matches since then and got to a semi of a challenger so he should always look forward.
Champion number 1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #18

Champion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond reputeChampion number 1 has a reputation beyond repute

More good news is that Bolelli went through in the first round of the Tampere challenger event. He won after ketola retired 3-0 down in the third. Before that both shared a tie-break a piece. Must be a tough match physically for Bolelli so hes impressing at the moment. Next another tough challenger competitor, Daniele Koellerer.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #19
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

as i say thought alot of people around danielle in the rankings are defending points and not doing very well i might add! so he may go up more than expected! but still keep it up danielle
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 07-21-2005, 04:13 AM   #20
country flag ciccio

ciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond repute

seppi beat martin 6-4 6-4, another good result for the bolzanino
ciccio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #21

Yo guys its been a good day for Italian tennis.

Firstly, Bracciali has got through to the quarters with a superb 3 set win over Sluiter. Bracciali lost the first easily but he fought through and now top 100 is on the cards for Daniele.

Secondly, Bolelli impressed and qualified for the QF of the Tampere challenger beating Koellerer and now faces Minar. Important ranking point already here

Last and most impressively is the victory of Andreas Seppi. He beat Robredo in 3 sets and goes into the QF of the Mercedes Cup. I think Seppi can now get to the top 50 by the end of the year if he stays with this form.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:08 PM   #22
country flag Éowyn

daniele has fernando gonzalez next will be interesting to see how he copes
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 07-23-2005, 10:26 AM   #23

Well both Italians lost sadly.

Bracciali went down in easy straight sets to Gonzalez but he was getting tired so 6-3 6-3 is not so bad. Hes played like every day for the last 2 weeks so hes done well.

Seppi after 2 impressive wins lost 6-2 6-3 to Nieminen. Still, Seppi has a lot to look forward too.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:16 PM   #24
country flag ciccio

ciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond reputeciccio has a reputation beyond repute

good day for the siciliano di mauro, he beat R. Sluiter 6-2 6-3
Old 07-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #25

Yes great result for Di Mauro. Easy win and now hes starting to be competitive on the tour. Aldi is struggling though, he lost in straights again today.

As for the rankings.

Volandri is down 3 to 37. This week in Umag and needs a good torneo.
Sanguinetti remains at 60. This week in Recanati challenger strangly.
Seppi up 8 to 69. A great tournament last week. This week he has a tough first round so will be hard to progress.
Starace up 1 to 94. Well he needs to go up the rankings. A 1st rounbd match v Ferrer in Umag will not help.
Bracciali up 15 to 103. Well not quite the top 100, but this week he is in recanati. A really good tournament in this challenger will help.

Further down the list and more promising of all is Bolelli. who is now around 230 in the world. He moved up another 37 places and every week he is growing.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:55 AM   #26
country flag ciccio

[QUOTE
Sanguinetti remains at 60. This week in Recanati challenger strangly.
QUOTE]

i think davide is playing in that challenger for family reasons, i remember reading an interview with claudio pistolesi a while back and it said that davide is very family orientated and at times gets distracted at tournaments because of this, i figure thats why he is playing at recanati, because its in italy so he can be close to his family etc, instead of going to Austria, Croatia etc. Also to note he hasn't played in tournaments for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #27

Yes very true. Also Bracciali has decided to play in the challenger when he could've played in Croatia or Austria. I think he did it more for points reasons and because hes tired and a challenger event means you get less quality players even if still good.

Anyway Bracciali and Sanguinetti both went through to rnd 2. Forza Italia.
Volandri is also finally back to winning ways. Hopefully he can make the quarters in Umag.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:59 PM   #28

Bracciali is into the QF of the Recanati challenger. Great win 6-4 6-2 v some Irish guy.

Sanguinetti v Bolelli the big match of the tournament so far ended with Davide easily winning 6-2 7-5. Still I hope Bolelli can progress, he seems like he has the talent.

Finally a great win for Pippo over Garcia Lopez 6-1 6-1 and now he faces a toughie against Robredo in the QF. That I would not like to call.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:47 AM   #29
country flag ciccio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion number 1
Bracciali is into the QF of the Recanati challenger. Great win 6-4 6-2 v some Irish guy.

Sanguinetti v Bolelli the big match of the tournament so far ended with Davide easily winning 6-2 7-5. Still I hope Bolelli can progress, he seems like he has the talent.

Finally a great win for Pippo over Garcia Lopez 6-1 6-1 and now he faces a toughie against Robredo in the QF. That I would not like to call.
hopefully pippo can win, it will be tough. but he desperately needs to get a good run of results happening again.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:03 AM   #30

Great day for my fave Italians yesterday as Pippo beat Robredo for the first time in 3 encounters. He won in 3 sets and now faces COria in the SF of Umag. Volo loves this place. Still to beat Coria I dont think will happen. Coria beat Ferrero 6-3 6-0.

Bracciali and Sanguinetti are through to the SF of the Recanati challenger as is Vico. Big ranking point for Braccio. Cipolla also through to SF of Togliatti challenger.