Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:22 PM   #46
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are women turned off by men who are not enough socially active?

does it matter some women will be turned off or on if you're not being yourself and happy?
would you do things you don't like just to impress someone that doesn't really care?

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #47
country flag Aquila90

Aquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclay View Post
I tend to agree with you, but I'm one of those people who have a hard time to recognize they would really love to have a more interesting social life and specially meet more women ( I have had couple of gf on the past) but thats has been too few and far in between to fulfill my desires.
Well, from this message, it seems that you're not completely content with your current social life. In that case, I think you need to make a change or some changes in your life so that you can improve your social life. I know that it won't be easy but you have to do something about it. If you feel like you can't make the right changes by yourself, then I think you should try and get some help from other people who you know. I'm sure they would be happy to assist you.

I understand that it can be hard sometimes to change things. I'm autistic and I like doing things that are familiar to me. I can follow a routine for a long time without feeling the need to change anything. However, I realise that I need to try new things and face new challenges if I'm to develop as a person. My biggest issue with this is finding the motivation and desire to try something new. I, though, have been very fortunate in that my parents have helped me by suggesting different things that I could try out. Anyway, I hope that you can sort out your issues and have a better and more fulfilling social life in the future.

ATP: Andy Murray, Jerzy Janowicz and Nick Kyrgios

WTA: Ana Ivanović, Sorana Cîrstea, Laura Robson, Li Na, Eugenie Bouchard, and Heather Watson

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
Aquila90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #48
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Just wonderin how confident became synonymous with 'social'.

Some of the most social people I find are also the most insecure.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #49
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
Just wonderin how confident became synonymous with 'social'.

Some of the most social people I find are also the most insecure.
Insecure in what way?

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #50
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Insecure in what way?
Their need to be accepted is what makes them social.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #51
country flag zebez20

zebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond reputezebez20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
Their need to be accepted is what makes them social.
As long as you exude confidence, you may not feel that confident but it will still attract girls.
zebez20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #52
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila90 View Post
This is an interesting topic I think. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would consider myself to be an introvert. I'm quite shy but I believe that I'm more of a confident person now than when I was in my mid-teens and I'm currently 23. I feel uncomfortable in certain kinds of places such as certain bars and pubs. I have never been to a nightclub and I never want to. I know quite a few people and I have a fair few Facebook friends. I get on with all of them as far as I'm aware but I wouldn't consider them all to be true friends of mine. I would consider most of them to be more like acquaintances to me. I would, however, be happy to have chat with any of them and I try to make sure that I post at least a birthday message to all of my Facebook friends on their walls when their birthday comes around. I do, though, have a few proper friends who I see every now and then. At the moment, I feel content with the situation I'm in. I'm not a very outgoing person but this might have something to do with me being rather reserved as a person and my disability.

I think it's difficult to define what a poor social life is. People are different and not everyone is an extrovert who likes going to big parties every weekend. I think it's up to you what you want for yourself personally. blueclay, if you're happy yourself with your current social life, then I don't see why you should change anything. However, if you're unhappy with it, then you should try to do something about it. These are just my personal opinions and you can ignore them if you want to. As for your theory about women being turned off by men who don't appear to have a great social life, I can't really comment on that as I don't know if that is the case with most women. I'm not the most confident man when it comes to talking to girls but one of my friends is a girl, so I guess that's good.
This is me! Great post bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #53
country flag Aquila90

Aquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
This is me! Great post bro.
Oh, thank you! I know that life can be challenging with Asperger's Syndrome. However, I'm fortunate in that my case is quite mild and I'm not severely autistic. I hope things are good with you, mate.

ATP: Andy Murray, Jerzy Janowicz and Nick Kyrgios

WTA: Ana Ivanović, Sorana Cîrstea, Laura Robson, Li Na, Eugenie Bouchard, and Heather Watson

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha
Aquila90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #54
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

A socially active man means he probably is of a higher standing in society. Or is at least trying to get there. Women are attracted to men in high positions of society, obviously.

If you are not as socially active, well then yes it may be a turn off for some women. Other women would prefer. It all depends.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #55
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

By being socially active surely that in itself increases the odds of meeting someone even without factoring in personalities/whatever Goat=Fed states as important.
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #56
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.

You're right, most of women like men with highest social skills.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's not that there's no women for men without social skills.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

#bel18ve

..never been so proud of you..thanks for playing during my lifetime..go ahead Roger, keep playing, keep fighting..
Joey Tribbiani is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #57
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
Yeah.

You're right, most of women like men with highest social skills.
I don't see anything wrong with that.

It's not that there's no women for men without social skills.
Your last sentence us where the problem lies.

Women's preference in men is very narrow and nearly all women like the same qualities in men. The converse is not true; men have a huge variety of tastes.

So although there may be 1 in 200 women who like introverted men, the chances if meeting her for an introverted man are very low.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:30 AM   #58
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Your last sentence us where the problem lies.

Women's preference in men is very narrow and nearly all women like the same qualities in men. The converse is not true; men have a huge variety of tastes.

So although there may be 1 in 200 women who like introverted men, the chances if meeting her for an introverted man are very low.
GOAT = Fed is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:37 AM   #59
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila90 View Post
This is an interesting topic I think. I have Asperger's Syndrome and I would consider myself to be an introvert. I'm quite shy but I believe that I'm more of a confident person now than when I was in my mid-teens and I'm currently 23. I feel uncomfortable in certain kinds of places such as certain bars and pubs. I have never been to a nightclub and I never want to. I know quite a few people and I have a fair few Facebook friends. I get on with all of them as far as I'm aware but I wouldn't consider them all to be true friends of mine. I would consider most of them to be more like acquaintances to me. I would, however, be happy to have chat with any of them and I try to make sure that I post at least a birthday message to all of my Facebook friends on their walls when their birthday comes around. I do, though, have a few proper friends who I see every now and then. At the moment, I feel content with the situation I'm in. I'm not a very outgoing person but this might have something to do with me being rather reserved as a person and my disability.

I think it's difficult to define what a poor social life is. People are different and not everyone is an extrovert who likes going to big parties every weekend. I think it's up to you what you want for yourself personally. blueclay, if you're happy yourself with your current social life, then I don't see why you should change anything. However, if you're unhappy with it, then you should try to do something about it. These are just my personal opinions and you can ignore them if you want to. As for your theory about women being turned off by men who don't appear to have a great social life, I can't really comment on that as I don't know if that is the case with most women. I'm not the most confident man when it comes to talking to girls but one of my friends is a girl, so I guess that's good.
I'm in a similar position to you bro
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #60
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

What about socially inactive women? Are they turned off too?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote