The MTF Best Song Game #4 | congratulations to tripwires! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #16
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The MTF Best Song Game #4 | Theme: the 1970s songs

i didnt vote for either man who sold the world nor wish you were here

i dont even think man who sold the world is such a good song or that nirvana is such a good band tbh, i prefer those that i voted for

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #17
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
IN

appeal for improving the song game

the main joy of this game is to discover new/unknown
(and of course appealing) songs, isnt it?

but by giving points to old classics you have heard a 1000 times before (such as "Man who sold the world" or "Wish you were here") you devalue the game
as people will continue (or even expedite) to submit that kind of songs if they are rewarded for it.

it makes little sense to blame the persons who do so (as everybody wants to win of course), but the ones who vote it!
thats dull and amateurish behaviour for a jury and low level attitude.

how to make it better?
even when you give "only" 6 or 7 points to those well-known entries, it accumulates and the song might finish high.
thats why the best formula is to give ZERO points to entries you already know all over. simple.

(in case you know all songs - of the 70th f.i. - you cant comply with that, but all others can and that suffices.
more likely is that its very possible to submit songs - also from the 70th - that are not so classically well-known.)

...i'm saying this cause i would like to light on new and exciting tracks also in the future
and participants who always submit original entries (Sauletekis f.i.) to go on with that (and not go down the drain).

should things not change for the better, should you not succeed in entertaining me anymore, i will leave this place and resort to GM. ...i'm serious!
Agreed, but each person has its own willing, so we cannot judge on them if they want to send massive known songs. For sure I will do my part on giving them less points than I would probably give. Only if the songs I don't know are terrible, lol.

Anyway, in this particular theme it may be harder to not send very well known songs, because very few of us (if not any) were borned listening to these songs, so what we usually know are the classics, and the classics... well... they are universally known.

But tottally agreed and understand what you are saying

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #18
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

In.

Theme could have been more creative imo. Also, everyone knows the 80's are the best music decade.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #19
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IN

but by giving points to old classics you have heard a 1000 times before (such as "Man who sold the world" or "Wish you were here") you devalue the game
as people will continue (or even expedite) to submit that kind of songs if they are rewarded for it.

it makes little sense to blame the persons who do so (as everybody wants to win of course), but the ones who vote it!

how to make it better?
even when you give "only" 6 or 7 points to those well-known entries, it accumulates and the song might finish high.
thats why the best formula is to give ZERO points to entries you already know all over. simple.

(in case you know all songs - of the 70th f.i. - you cant comply with that, but all others can and that suffices.
more likely is that its very possible to submit songs - also from the 70th - that are not so classically well-known.)

...i'm saying this cause i would like to light on new and exciting tracks also in the future
and participants who always submit original entries (Sauletekis f.i.) to go on with that (and not go down the drain).

should things not change for the better, should you not succeed in entertaining me anymore, i will leave this place and resort to GM. ...i'm serious!
fair points...but what if my 'rare' song doesn't appeal to you, would you vote for it just because it's not mainstream?
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #20
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Stop quoting that pink monstrosity, please.

Pistol Pete
Old 05-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #21
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKrep View Post
Stop quoting that pink monstrosity, please.

Quote:
IN

how to make it better?

Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #22
country flag mcarvalho

mcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond reputemcarvalho has a reputation beyond repute

Just sent my song.
mcarvalho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #23
country flag nadeeya

nadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond reputenadeeya has a reputation beyond repute

Good theme, I'm in!
nadeeya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #24
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute

In!!

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Tennis Tipping (actual/best)
Singles: 100/100 - W: Tianjin CH, Prague-2 CH, San Juan Fut / RU: Rovinj Fut, Gimcheon CH
Doubles (w/Chilenaitor): 122/122 - W: Kyoto CH, Samarkand CH / RU: Rimouski CH, Vicenza CH, Segovia CH, Bucharest Fut
Crustaceok is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:07 AM   #25
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

In. Brilliant category, will be spoiled for choice here .
Old 05-18-2014, 02:08 AM   #26
country flag MichaelKrep

Anything off Physical Graffiti should be considered cheating here.

Song sent.

Pistol Pete
Old 05-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #27
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute

^Since my megapost last year, I disqualified myself from posting anything LZ-related here again. 15 vids in a single post is pushing the boundaries.

In, by the way. Will send song of choice tomorrow.

Can't pick Zappa. Too transparent. But the rest of you can. Hint hint.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

kinski76 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:39 AM   #28
country flag MichaelKrep

Very good selection. Kudos for including The Ocean and The Rover, two of my favourite Zeppelin songs.

I considered In My Time of Dying for the last edition but decided I had too much of an attachment to the song and could not bear not winning with it.

Pistol Pete
Old 05-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #29
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

In
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #30
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

When the Levee Breaks is my favourite Zep, I was seriously considering that one for a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote