Mens Tennis Forums banner

*~* Challenger Tournaments Thread *~*

9K views 230 replies 30 participants last post by  ClaycourtaZzZz. 
#1 ·
This thread is for all the Challenger tournaments that Andy plays in so we don't have 100's of Tournament threads!!!

Week beginning 11th July Andy plays in...

APTOS, CA. USA (Hard Court)

He has been given a WC and this is his part of the draw

Lets go ANDY!!! :worship:

See less See more
#4 ·
Murray targets further progress

British teenager Andy Murray looks to continue his rise up the rankings this week in Aptos, California.
The 18-year-old, who has been awarded a wildcard, takes on Canadian Frederic Niemeyer on Tuesday and could then face second seed Justin Gimelstob.

The tournament is a Challenger event, a level below the ATP tour.

Murray, who reached the third round at Wimbledon on his debut, went out of last week's Newport grass-court event in the second round.

Go Andy!! :woohoo:

#8 ·
:lol:

Reactions: Sandra
#12 ·
Nathy said:
Let's go Andy! I think the first danger will come from Tursunov (even if I don't know what's his ability on hard court...)

:bounce: Come On Andy :bounce:

I've seen Tursunov on hardcourt last year and he is very dangerous. I saw him at the Long Island tourney and he reached the semis I believe. He had to retire against Lleyton Hewitt. If he was 100 percent he would of given Lleyton a real challenge.

#13 ·
#18 ·
Excellent win!!! Easy 2nd round opponent...hopefully!! :D

#19 ·
He next plays on Thursday!

#21 ·
Great job Andy!! :woohoo:

Btw, Jezza, Tim played Jarkko Nieminem of Finland 1st round at Wimbledon this year.
Their last names are similiar :lol:

#22 ·
tennisgirl19 said:
Great job Andy!! :woohoo:

Btw, Jezza, Tim played Jarkko Nieminem of Finland 1st round at Wimbledon this year.
Their last names are similiar :lol:
You're right, i am so embarressed :banghead:

#23 ·
Where's Andy off to next, having hopefully won this challenger of course?
(I'm really hoping for a Murray vs Delic closefought final)

#25 ·
Don't be embarassed. Its not big deal ;)

That's a good first round win for him especially since Niemeyer came off a victory at the Forest Hills Challenger in New York. Its on grass, but still he could of been riding a wave of confidence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.