is this the weakest clay field ever? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes 22 75.86%
No 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 05-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #46
Joey Tribbiani
Registered User
 
Joey Tribbiani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 22
Posts: 9,334
Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Of course no. Nadal is still here.
And with him here, it's like having 10 great clay courters.

Then we have Federer, who doesn't have 5 French Open titles only because he played in the same era of Nadal.

We have Ferrer who doesn't have a French Open because of Nadal.

We have Djokovic who doesn't have a French Open title because of Nadal.
__________________
Roger Federer

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs


'The future is just a fucking concept that we use to avoid being alive today.'

'You only get one life. There's no God, no rules, except for those you accept or create for yourself. Then once it's over... it's over. Dreamless sleep forever and ever. So why not be happy while you're here?'

Last edited by Joey Tribbiani : 05-16-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Joey Tribbiani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #47
heya
Banned!
 
heya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,586
heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Rational fed fan? That's rare because they think roddick and hewitt were amazing grass players who suddenly disappeared on indoor courts and clay masters1000. Roland Garros bagel, what? They're hungry for shit praise for their "efforts on clay", though.

"What a pity!" One of my fave fed phrases.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #48
country flag Las7
Registered User
 
Las7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 568
Las7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond reputeLas7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
Of course no. Nadal is still here.
And with him here, it's like having 10 great clay courters.

Then we have Federer, who doesn't have 5 French Open titles only because he played in the same era of Nadal.

We have Ferrer who doesn't have a French Open because of Nadal.

We have Djokovic who doesn't have a French Open title because of Nadal.

You forgot Clayray and Clayonic
Las7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #49
country flag anticaria
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 941
anticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
You are so cluless, it's not even funny
spoken like a true 10-year-old..

why are you always so angry, little girl? did someone steal your justin bieber poster?

by the way, cluless is not even a real word..
__________________
rafa nadal's motto: stay humble, stay hungry
anticaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #50
heya
Banned!
 
heya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,586
heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Djoker choked and can't deny he choked in 2013 slams. Nishikori choked physically. Djoker is a baby maker now. Mentally screwed up.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #51
country flag oranges
Registered User
 
oranges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,340
oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticaria View Post
spoken like a true 10-year-old..

why are you always so angry, little girl? did someone steal your justin bieber poster?
Oh, the irony I'm really unsure who between the two of us behaves like a hormone-plagued teeneger in love with his/her favorite star. It's a tough call.

I feel stupider for every post of yours I actually read. Plan on suing the MTF for exposing me to it.
__________________

Samanosuke showing his tennis expertise, promising to self-ban himslef from MTF permanently should Čilić:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
About a 500 depends which players he beat on the road to the title . About masters 1000 or GS 1/2 you have my word
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #52
country flag Honestly
Registered User
 
Honestly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,455
Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Dull is worthless this year but he is still there. Djokovic and Federer are great clay courters too although Fed has declined. Then there is Ferrer and Stan. It's not the worst ever.
__________________
16-0
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #53
heya
Banned!
 
heya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,586
heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Gaudio choked in the third set of the Toronto match with federer, the so-called highly superior hardcourt genius.
12 year fedturds are still clowning around about the "special weak era competition" to make humblelita fed look the best without playing all year as Djoker does today, despite having injuries.

Competition?
Kiefer had no facial expression when he choked the 4th set of wimbledon vs. fed.

Hewitt tanked his Wimbledon matches, not just vs. fed.
Philippoussis was a Wimbledon fluke.
Connors and Mindless hack Roddick admitted he had lost passion for tennis, 3 years after getting Sampras and Agassi to do a tv biography about his disgusting matches with federer. He lost his fake Jim carrey face tics because he and his greedy mother thought he was a hall of fame-calibre player that was raised in a wealthy, so-called athletic, guilt-ridden Midwestern (humblelita) & charitable family, in momma roddick's words.....lmao.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #54
country flag Chris Kuerten
Registered User
 
Chris Kuerten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 24
Posts: 10,548
Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

I know an era in which the second and third best players effectively skipped the clay season.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper View Post
i like fed but he really can tell things that make him sound arrogant sometimes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH


Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #55
country flag blueclay
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 28
Posts: 1,570
blueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
Of course no. Nadal is still here.
And with him here, it's like having 10 great clay courters.

Then we have Federer, who doesn't have 5 French Open titles only because he played in the same era of Nadal.

We have Ferrer who doesn't have a French Open because of Nadal.

We have Djokovic who doesn't have a French Open title because of Nadal.
This, take nadal out and you would have fed,djokovic, ferrer, soderlingand maybe even puerta as roland garros champions in the last 9 years. Then lets see how everybody would be talking about the strong competition in clay due to 5 different champions in the 9 yearsspan and how this is an strong era of claycourters.
blueclay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #56
country flag blueclay
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 28
Posts: 1,570
blueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
You are so cluless, it's not even funny
Ok look at the grandslam career of philippousis, he had only early round losses on all slams.and Roddick is much more of a typical fast hc player, he isnt a classicgrass courter. The last classic grass courters died in 1998-2003. Sampras, ivanisevic, rafter, henman, etc.
blueclay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #57
country flag blueclay
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Age: 28
Posts: 1,570
blueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond reputeblueclay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Dull is worthless this year but he is still there. Djokovic and Federer are great clay courters too although Fed has declined. Then there is Ferrer and Stan. It's not the worst ever.
Costa won rg pre nadal dominance,even kafelnikov won it. Guys like ferrer And almagro would be winning RG and reaching finals regularly if they would have played during 90's -2004
blueclay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #58
heya
Banned!
 
heya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 9,586
heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalSunset View Post
No doubt about it. Lack of clay specialist is the only reason why a dull moonballer fluked so many French Open titles.
Yet, fedfluketard AND fluker extraordinaire --- smug #2 seed rodDick could never get past the 4th round once at the french open and dumped every Wimbledon, us open & Australian open.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #59
country flag oranges
Registered User
 
oranges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,340
oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclay View Post
Ok look at the grandslam career of philippousis, he had only early round losses on all slams.and Roddick is much more of a typical fast hc player, he isnt a classicgrass courter. The last classic grass courters died in 1998-2003. Sampras, ivanisevic, rafter, henman, etc.
Don't you have any awareness whatosever that you're not seeing facts as facts, but rather twisting them whichever way suits your previously decided agenda. It often leads to mind-boggling contradictions in your own arguments.

To tackle just the surface of this last bit: why don't you look at Scud's slam record. He was usually losing to Sampras in Wimbledon, once Agassi IIRC. He has another final, USO I believe. How is that an argument in your favor, even disregarding the fact that we should really look at the performance of the player in the given final, not just their track record. The simple fact is that he was no pushover as Federer's opponent for the first slam. If Federer was worse in blocking those huge serves, he could easily have lost. But he's not, he was very good at it until a few years ago. Either way, there isn't a shred of a doubt Scud is a more formidable opponent for a first slam than Puerta.

As for Roddick, how is it even relevant whether we'll define him as typical grass or HC player? Why on earth do you think that makes your case in any way at all? Are you going to argue Nadal is more of a typical grasscourter than Roddick? If not, where does that leave your argument? What does the undeniable slow death of grasscourt tennis have to do with any of this? Federer himself stopped playing typical grasscourt tennis soon after that 2001 classic with Sampras, so why does it matter if his opposition did too.

You're so intent on diminishing anything Federer-related and glorfiying anything Nadal-related that viewing things in their full spectrum is simply not an option. Like I said, you have an agenda, and the facts will be twisted to suit it no matter what. Let me ask you just one thing, if Roddick is such a pushover, why was a well-past-his-prime Duck still able to beat prime Nadal? I'm genuinely curious how you intend to wiggle out of that one.
__________________

Samanosuke showing his tennis expertise, promising to self-ban himslef from MTF permanently should Čilić:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
About a 500 depends which players he beat on the road to the title . About masters 1000 or GS 1/2 you have my word
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #60
country flag JoWilly
Registered User
 
JoWilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Age: 39
Posts: 3,824
JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the weakest clay field ever?

Dull nearly get bagelled by back from surgery Murray on clay and his fans still think this isn't the weakest clay field ever? Hehe
__________________
TSONGA

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios