We don't care where or how you do it, just beat Nadal and bring back a title already! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-10-2005, 04:07 PM   #16
country flag Francine

Francine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond reputeFrancine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We don't care where or how you do it, just beat Nadal and bring back a title already!

He ran out of gas at the end of 2003, at the TMC and the DC final. He was still a bit injured at the AO 2004 but his bad 2004 started at IW when he got the chicken pox, that had nothing to do with his exhausting 2003 anymore.
Francine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #17
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We don't care where or how you do it, just beat Nadal and bring back a title alre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace
I'd like to know what you think happened to JC. I think it was a mixture of exhaustion and injuries.
You said in your original post "what happened to JC last year"... last year being 2004 was a mixture of illness and injury... not exhaustion. Exhaustion from chicken pox which can be fatal in adults and he said left him physically at 0%, yes... but it wasn't from tennis. Like Francine said, at the end of 2003 he ran out of gas but I was under the impression that you were referring to his 2004 season.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:25 AM   #18
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We don't care where or how you do it, just beat Nadal and bring back a title alre

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91
Erm... I don't call what happened to JC "running out of gas" ... but that's not important.

I think Rafa is heading towards an injury. He needs to take a week off. He's playing practically every week and getting to the finals of every tournament he plays. If I were Rafa I'd rest a little, practice on hard courts a little to prepare for the summer hard court Masters events and not be entering every tiny clay court even in Europe. They're only raising his Optional event column very small amounts, and it's not worth it. Next year he is going to have about a billion points to defend, week in week out and THAT is going to be the toughest part for Rafa no matter how fit he is or whether or not he "runs out of gas". His lefty topspin will no longer be new. Eventually people will start to get used to it, and that's why 2006 will be tougher for him, I think.
The sooner Nadal burns out, the better. Let him exhaust himself on clay so that he'll lose in the first round of every hard court tournament. And get massacred at the YEC too.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #19
country flag Mount Goddess
Mounts Little Plaything

Mount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeMount Goddess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We don't care where or how you do it, just beat Nadal and bring back a title already!

lol poor Rafa!

This week Juan Carlos is at home

Me:I would love Bromamce to have babies together they would be sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

Marleen:

Marleen, Meesh and Leigh are.......Juanie's Angels
Mount Goddess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #20
country flag Jogg

Jogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond reputeJogg has a reputation beyond repute

poor Rafa indeed!!!

Marat Safin Carlos Moya Feli Lopez Nando Verdasco Richie Gasquet

Robredo Guga Garcia-Lopez Ferrer Tomeu

Interviewer: It surprises people how well you get on with Nadal
Carlos Moya: I can't conceal that. I love him very much and I knew that one day he would be better than me. He's on another level.
Jogg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #21
country flag Haute

Haute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond reputeHaute has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Nadal? Why? Oh boohoo, he's won practically every clay tournament he's entered this year! Let's feel sorry for him!
Old 07-12-2005, 03:28 AM   #22
country flag steph2790

steph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond repute

lol nadal will burn out eventually or he'll get an injury of some sort... though i dont think it'll be for a while
Old 07-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #23
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Apollo
Poor Nadal? Why? Oh boohoo, he's won practically every clay tournament he's entered this year! Let's feel sorry for him!

good job to him but it's cruel to wish him lose 1st round everywhere That doesn't mean I don't want JC to win... I just hope they won't have to play to soon...
Why is everybody saying that Rafa will burn out? He's 19 for Heaven's sake! He's full of energy! It's true that he will be predisposed to injury if he plays when he is tired but he's very young and has a powerful body.
I just can't wait to see Juanqui lifting a trophy again...it's been 1 year and 8 months since he last did
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #24
country flag plum_juice10

plum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond reputeplum_juice10 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't particularly mind if Rafa "burns out" or not, as long as Juanqui can beat him!!

But I wouldn't mind Federer burning out *makes sure RogiFan isn't here!* (just kidding) ahem...just to see him hav a break and let other players play and win grand slams again!
plum_juice10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #25
country flag JuanChuffy007

JuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond reputeJuanChuffy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum_juice10

But I wouldn't mind Federer burning out *makes sure RogiFan isn't here!* (just kidding) ahem...just to see him hav a break and let other players play and win grand slams again!
you're I like that LOL.
but umm, Federer isn't as dominating as last year right? remember, AO semis

and definitely not poor Nadal

Last edited by JuanChuffy007 : 07-12-2005 at 03:34 PM.
JuanChuffy007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #26
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum_juice10
I don't particularly mind if Rafa "burns out" or not, as long as Juanqui can beat him!!

Rafa expends a lot more energy than Rogi so the chances of him burning out, esp if he goes deep into all the tourneys he plays, are a little higher.

As far as Rogi burning out... he doesn't usually... he's quite economical in his matches and tournies [hardly plays 5-setters for one thing] and is calm on court exc for the few times he's pushed, i.e., by Juanqui and Fena at Wimby.

Nah, it's OK what you say about Rogi! Everyone wants Rogi to lose to someone, anyone!! If he plays well but the other guy plays better and wins, I'm fine w that -- nothing one can do. I hate when he loses cos he plays like crap, as he did vs. Rafa at RG SF... he really has to let go of this negative thing vs. Rafa when others have no probs w him [mind you, hardly anyone can beat Rafa onclay -- exc Gaston]. The biggest heartbreaker loss for me was his SF vs. Marat cos he wasn't playing badly and Marat played out of his mind, one of the best matches he's played ever... the fact that Rogi's physical let him down really hurt... poor baby!

No I also want Juanqui to win a title, any title will do... who cares what it is at this point!

So... is he playing Amersfoort at all? Trying to get a WC??

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #27
country flag Haute

No matter how young and fit Nadal is, he's a grinder, and your body can't hold out forever if you're constantly playing defense and having to run all over the court tracking down balls.

I wish Juanqui would play Amersfoort, but it doesn't look like he's going to play there. As long as he doesn't go into a 4 year drought like Conchita Martinez was between titles, I'll be fine.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 AM   #28
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't understand why he doesn't play hardcourt tournament next week insead of clay surface ,as we know hard season is near.
I've lost confidence for him,or mean I just don't care if he plays good or bad and any results I can accept calmly?I don't know.But when he lost to Nadal the 3rd times in this year in a row,my sadness is far more beyond my imagination till this moment.
Anyway,Good Luck to him if faced Nadal again.

#23 Ferrero Tard
Luna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #29
country flag jinruferrero

jinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond reputejinruferrero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
I just can't understand why he doesn't play hardcourt tournament next week insead of clay surface ,as we know hard season is near.
I've lost confidence for him,or mean I just don't care if he plays good or bad and any results I can accept calmly?I don't know.But when he lost to Nadal the 3rd times in this year in a row,my sadness is far more beyond my imagination till this moment.
Anyway,Good Luck to him if faced Nadal again.
i think his plan is wrong.he should play more matches on hard court and be ready for US open.
jinruferrero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #30
country flag Haute

There aren't a lot of top players in Indianapolis, he should have played there instead of going to Umag.