Joran van der Sloot is an evil psychopath and should be locked away for life - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joran van der Sloot is an evil psychopath and should be locked away for life

To those of you who have lived in a cave the last month, an 18 year old American girl disappeared on Aruba, during a graduation holiday with her hgh school. The case has been running for a while now and getting an imho disproportional ammount of media attention.

No thread yet here about this topic, which is a big deal in my father's home country of Aruba.

I'm just curious if anybody has any interest in the story, if it gets any attention in the country where you live and if you have any opinions on the case.

Thanks!

If you're unfamiliar with the story, just google for "Natalee Holloway" and you'l find about 26,000 links..

Last edited by Purple Rainbow : 06-02-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Purple Rainbow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 12:03 AM   #2
country flag Iheartandy&roger

Iheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Natalee Holloway - American teen missing on Aruba

I am totally in tune with this story and I hope they find her wtf is up with this dude that is the main suspect who the hell does he think he is.... he knows something! If i was there i'd beat the answers out of the bastard.

GOOD LUCK TO|ANDY!| | JAMES ! | ROGI ! | RAFA !| MILOS!| NOVAK! | MARDY! | RICHARD ! |ROBBY !| TOMMY!| JCF !| GAEL!| DAVID!| |CARLOS!|

YOU ROCK BOYS!!
CONGRATS LA KINGS 2012 Stanley Cup Champs

GOODBYE ANDY TENNIS WILL MISS YOU!
Iheartandy&roger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #3
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

this case was actually discussed within the MJ thread. i have been following it closely bec it will impact the entire Caribbean in a negative way. mistakes were made by many, not just the Aruban authorities IMO. for one, the size of the travel group was too large and there was insufficient monitoring of these students. second, every single member of that group should have been detained and interviewed before they were allowed to leave the island. third, the issue of race raised its ugly head when the authorities tried to pin it in 2 innocent security guards who happened to be Black. i can go on. i feel sorry for the local people who make a living based on tourism -- their future is now insecure. and of course my sympathies for the family of this missing girl. closure seems no where in sight.

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure whether this guy who's caught by the cops really has anything to do with it. I mean, sure he's the last one who has seen here alive. But does that automatically mean he has something to do with her dissapearance? Maybe she killed herself? Who knows? Nothing is proven. I hope they find her (body) soon.

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #5
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard already about it, but somehow it never intrigued me as much that I could care for it more than only hearing on a sidenote about it.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:48 AM   #6

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartandy&roger
I am totally in tune with this story and I hope they find her wtf is up with this dude that is the main suspect who the hell does he think he is.... he knows something! If i was there i'd beat the answers out of the bastard.
This dude, Joran van der Sloot, is a friend of my cousin. They are in the same class. My cousin likes the guy. Says she can't believe he actually killed Natalee. Of course that what everybody most of the time says about convicted criminals.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennischick
this case was actually discussed within the MJ thread. i have been following it closely bec it will impact the entire Caribbean in a negative way. mistakes were made by many, not just the Aruban authorities IMO. for one, the size of the travel group was too large and there was insufficient monitoring of these students. second, every single member of that group should have been detained and interviewed before they were allowed to leave the island. third, the issue of race raised its ugly head when the authorities tried to pin it in 2 innocent security guards who happened to be Black. i can go on. i feel sorry for the local people who make a living based on tourism -- their future is now insecure. and of course my sympathies for the family of this missing girl. closure seems no where in sight.
Don't know the MJ thread?

Anyway, you make some good points here. Indeed a lot of mistakes were made here, but keep in mind that Aruba is such a peaceful place that the authorities don't have much of a frame of reference when it comes to a missing person.

I've been looking at several websites dealing with the subject. It seems to me that most attention to this case is being given by conservative media in the US. Foxnews has discussion on their website and some of those shockjock neocon morons pay a lot of attention to it too. Their tone is that Aruba a dangerous drugs paradise, ruled by an incompetent corrupt government, Arubans are stupid people only interested in our dollars and not in our lives and we should all boycott Aruba. This sort of talk makes me very, very, very angry. And I'm propbably the most emotionally stable person you'll ever meet.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #8
country flag Lucie

Lucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond repute

i hadn't heard anything about it here in the UK until sunday when the guardian newspaper did an excellent article. It also made the point that this story would not have got so much press coverage if "...she had been black. Or asian. Or poor. Or a boy."
Lucie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie
i hadn't heard anything about it here in the UK until sunday when the guardian newspaper did an excellent article. It also made the point that this story would not have got so much press coverage if "...she had been black. Or asian. Or poor. Or a boy."
Good point. Don't forget to point out that she is blonde and from a wealthy family. The amount of media attention to this case is disproportional anyway.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #10

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow
Good point. Don't forget to point out that she is blonde and from a wealthy family. The amount of media attention to this case is disproportional anyway.
that's right. lots of people disappear each day. but just because this girl is blond, young, wealthy and successful (she just graduated) and from the US the case gets loads of attention. what also strikes me is the parents of the girl that keep on saying that their little girl would never drink alcohol or take drugs. what do they know?

Visit AZ FANPAGE
Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #11
country flag Lucie

Lucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond reputeLucie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFurryAnimal
that's right. lots of people disappear each day. but just because this girl is blond, young, wealthy and successful (she just graduated) and from the US the case gets loads of attention. what also strikes me is the parents of the girl that keep on saying that their little girl would never drink alcohol or take drugs. what do they know?
yeah, the article i read said that she "drunkenly climbed into a car..." Parents never want to believe that their children are getting drunk or taking drugs etc, although it is obviously not this girl's fault that she was murdered, she put herself into a very dangerous position
Lucie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie
yeah, the article i read said that she "drunkenly climbed into a car..." Parents never want to believe that their children are getting drunk or taking drugs etc, although it is obviously not this girl's fault that she was murdered, she put herself into a very dangerous position
as I said, it's not proven she is murdered. maybe she isn't even dead, maybe she killed herself. who knows...

Visit AZ FANPAGE
Old 07-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #13
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

MJ = Michael Jackson

you don't need to defend Aruba to me. i love the caribbean. to be honest i've only been to Aruba once -- i've spent more time in Curacao. i've also been to Suriname once for a tennis tourny. i feel badly for all of these islands bec they will get tainted by the same brush. and it is exactly bec Aruba has such a relatively peaceful history that this incident is such huge news here in the US. it's a bigger deal in the South bec that is where the girl and her family are from. finally, i wasn't blaming only the Aruban authorities -- i think that everyone erred, including the group that left one of their members behind. they evidently were not too worried which in itself is telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Rainbow
Don't know the MJ thread?

Anyway, you make some good points here. Indeed a lot of mistakes were made here, but keep in mind that Aruba is such a peaceful place that the authorities don't have much of a frame of reference when it comes to a missing person.

I've been looking at several websites dealing with the subject. It seems to me that most attention to this case is being given by conservative media in the US. Foxnews has discussion on their website and some of those shockjock neocon morons pay a lot of attention to it too. Their tone is that Aruba a dangerous drugs paradise, ruled by an incompetent corrupt government, Arubans are stupid people only interested in our dollars and not in our lives and we should all boycott Aruba. This sort of talk makes me very, very, very angry. And I'm propbably the most emotionally stable person you'll ever meet.

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #14
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFurryAnimal
what also strikes me is the parents of the girl that keep on saying that their little girl would never drink alcohol or take drugs. what do they know?
Sure they keep on saying that, maybe it's their honest opinion about her and they don't know what their daughter is really doing behind their backs, maybe they just want to present her in a good light. But, on the other hand, what do you/we know? judging the whole situation only from other sources, knowing nobody/nothing at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRainbow
I agree, if it's really so bad it seems to be way exaggerated and probably if it would be somebody else (although I would not try to see a link between her hairh color), it wouldn't be that big in the news. I wonder how many other people disappear each day somewhere abroad because of any unknown reason?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #15
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute

I havent heard anything about it here in Aus

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote