Entry List - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #46
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry List

Moving swiftly on...

How many WCs has Monfils got this year? Is there an archive of who was awarded WCs anywhere, or do you have to check out each tournament individually?
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #47
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto
How many WCs has Monfils got this year? Is there an archive of who was awarded WCs anywhere, or do you have to check out each tournament individually?
Check each tournament individually.

The archived draws (html) on the ATP site indicate how each entrant got in the tournament (seeded, unseeded, special exempt, qualifier, lucky loser, or wild card):

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...sp?player=MC65

(click on the name of each tournament for the singles draw in html)

I counted 8 wild cards already in 2005 for Monfils (ATP level). Cincinnati will make 9. (He qualified in Barcelona & got directly into his last 6 tournaments: Queen's Club through Sopot). If he stays in the top 50, he won't need anymore wild cards (except at the masters series tournaments with smaller draws: Madrid & Paris) for a while.

Last edited by smucav : 08-11-2005 at 09:21 PM.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #48
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Monfils being black certainly does make him more markettable, tennis-wise. However, it doesn't do much in regards to winning him titles and matches. That he does all on his own, and he's been doing a damn good job of it for his first year on tour

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:59 AM   #49
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
Monfils being black certainly does make him more markettable, tennis-wise. However, it doesn't do much in regards to winning him titles and matches. That he does all on his own, and he's been doing a damn good job of it for his first year on tour
Exactly! And what helps is that he's very "crowd friendly" too... That makes him even more markettable. The "race" (there are no races inside the human race...) is irrelevent since he won't be on tv etc...and even if it was it is not the case here since his very good results only can justificate for him getting WCs. Why are North-American obsessed with "race", it seems? This has almost no importance whatsoever...
I agree he had a damn lot of WC into big tournaments but he honored them by winning matches after (defeating players like Gaudio, Malisse, Enqvist etc...giving a hard time to Hewitt...making it to the third round in Wimbly etc...). And it's quite normal and logical.
He would have entered direcly in the main draw if it would have been made later with his new ranking. He just won a title for his first year on tour. He is the reigning Junior World Champion. HC is his favorite surface. Despite all the WC, he's already showed he can make it through quallies. He won almost all the Challennger tournaments he entered this season or made it to the final...So he had his time in the Challenger but now he's "too good" for that at least for now he may come back to it later but now he's excited about testing himself among the big guys and that's quite understandable. Why wouldn't he do that if he has the potential? If he can have WC, he won't refuse them. He's not crazy. He's just taking his chances and have a very good agent... If someone is to blame for all these WC, it's the tournaments organisators...
Please silence those "haters"/"whinners", Gaël!

Last edited by delsa : 08-12-2005 at 09:06 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #50
country flag darkcypherlad

darkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond reputedarkcypherlad has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...I click on the Entry List for a TMS tournament, and I get a Gael Monfils heated debate. Ah, the beauty of life's surprises.

Re: Monfils' supposed "unworthiness." Bollocks. This guy has proven his talent on the junior tour, which is the PRIMARY reason why he is getting Wildcards. Yes, he had a rocky beginning but that's be to expected. So did Gasquet and Nadal (for a time :P). But last week, he stepped it up and won a fairly hard tournament, beating a couple of tricky opponents along the way. He won a title, folks! In his first year on tour! That's very, very, very good! He deserves his WC and Top 50 ranking.

Re: Monfils' race. To say that, and not his talent, is the reason he's getting WC's is just plain tacky. This isn't affirmative action here people; it's tennis, and tennis often rewards talent. Monfils has it. Deal with it.

Re: Donald Young. Talk about disappointing. He's fast becoming a joke on the Tour and there are articles and blogs sharply criticizing his numerous WCs. Unlike Monfils, who has the results to back him up, Young has nothing but the promise of talent and a shiny American flag. If any player should be criticized for his WC's, it should be Young. And leave his race out of it, please.

New topic: I'm really rooting for Andy Murray here. Go Andy!
darkcypherlad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #51
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Will the draw be out today or tomorrow?
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #52
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

And I think it does Young no favours. He's clearly a talented youngster who is not yet ready to play on the ATP tour. But if he keeps losing so abjectly, tournaments will tire of giving him wild cards, and he won't get them when he's mature enough to make good use of them (as Monfils and Murray have done this year).

If Young and his advisors feel he's outgrown the juniors, he should be tackling the futures circuit. Murray had won 4 futures tourneys before getting his first ATP WC.

It would have been ok to give Young, say, one WC at the beginning of the year, and another during the summer season, so he can see if he's progressing, but in-betweenwhiles it'd make more sense to play at a lower level, to get experience. It must be frustrating for other young Americans who feel they could use WCs better.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #53
country flag stuey87

stuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Tonight I'd imagine.
Brown, Brands, Tsonga
stuey87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #54
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Main draw: Friday at 4:30 p.m.

Qualifying draw: Friday after 9:00 p.m.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #55
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #56
country flag smucav

Fish OUT, replacement TBA:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d.../SPT/308110012

Last edited by smucav : 08-12-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #57
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Reynolds please!!
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:55 PM   #58
country flag kundalini

kundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond repute

Can Bobby Reynolds accept a wildcard since he is already on the main entry list for the Bronx Challenger?

What are the rules for wildcards?

Please not Donald Young! It is already dangerously close to becoming a freak show and he is bound to get one for the US Open.

Last edited by kundalini : 08-12-2005 at 03:59 PM.
kundalini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #59
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Andrew Murray got the WC.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #60
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
I heard Andrew Murray got the WC.
For the qualies. Are they changing it to a Main Draw one now? If so, who's now getting a qualie WC?
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote