DC france v russia - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #91
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC france v russia

thanks for the report and pics

lol i thought you needed to speak french with arnaud too. but of course... i should know better... he likes to practise 'how are you's on people. how cute that he's running away from the photo seekers

nice that a premium ticket got you into some restricted areas! (what is a tribune?)
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2005, 12:15 PM   #92
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Part II.
Allez les blues!..

The 16th of July. Doubles match began at 13.30 o’clock. I went to the stadium in an hour before the beginning and walked to the place where I had met French supporters in previous day. They set on steps and did nothing so I added to them.

They were from different French cities but all from A.S.E.F.T. club des supporters (www.aseft.com). We had talked before the doors to tribunes were opened. Then I said: “Bonne chance!” and was going to my tribune but frenchies stopped me and said that I have to go with them – held my hands and pulled me with themselves to their tribune. That was so nice!.. Then they found a free place for me and made French make up (national flags on my cheeks). So soon we all were prepared to support les gars Arnaud et Micka and waited for them.
First person came to the court was our previous president Boris Eltsin. He waved us and the frenchies around myself began to shout: “Paris!”. And then the teams came in. The organizers tried to play the national anthems but something didn’t work. And we all from the French tribune stood and began to sing Marseillaise.

We did it absolutely perfect I think, all the players turned to us and then applauded for the long time.
And the match began.

Really I thought that frenchies would have no problems with this Russian couple Andreev-Youzhny, but Russians tried to do even more than possible on their stadium with thousands of fans. There were little bit more than a hundred of us, French supporters, but we did everything better and louder I’m sure. We constantly sang (in the pauses of match sure) “Allez les blues!” and a lot of other different things. Russian supporters could do nothing, no culture of supporting… I loved the atmosphere of French crowd so much but I needed return to my premium tribune before the last set of the match for to come then to VIP zone and congratulate Arnaud. And I did it.
So the match was finished, I was in that zone but there were no players, I was a little bit worried. After about 10 minutes of waiting I saw Mickael and went to that place. But then I suddenly realized that I saw no Micka. While I thought where to go I heard well-known voice. I returned and saw… 4 huge guards and petit Arnaud in the middle of them, he looked exhausted but smiled and stretched me his hand out. I shook his hand and congratulate him in time. And this moment is mine the most favorite one of all the Moscow’s trip.
After Arnaud went out I met again Davydenko, got a photo with him; met Richard, asked him to sign my flag and got a photo of him
and did the same with Guy Forget.

After all I left the stadium and walked to the main exit for maybe to meet some my new French friends there. And I finally found them and walked together to subway. There I realized that we live at the neighbouring stations so I helped them to find the right way to the hotel and they invited me to “rendez-vous” – they were going to the club for all the night. But in the evening we contacted and decided don’t go there because they were exhausted and preferred to stay at hotel and sleep and I preferred to stay at home and watch on TV the record of the match. We were looking forward to the final day.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:21 PM   #93
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'll answer all your questions later, ok girls? No time, no workable pc... You know.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 07-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #94
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

спасибо Irina

After reading ur reports, we could think you're french ! lol

ps: the girl sitting with the russian flag, they showed a lot at tv, she was very involved and motived, it's not the first time I see her in davis cup.

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 07-20-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #95
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you so critical of the Russian supporters Hangdog? I tought that overall we heard them a lot and that they supported their team very well which was great knowing they weren't organized as the ASEFT was. (btw i thought that the ASEFT chants were very boring and simplistic like always "ALLLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ, bla bla bla..." I know it's hard to make old retired people, spending their pension fund money for the ASEFT trips following the French teams, sing very well some catchy tunes but still...they were some young girls and guys who could have been more imaginative...). And have they made a contest for the one who would wear the most ridiculous hat or what? (between the old guy with his moustache and his "mini-potato sack" hat and the old women and her gigantic hideous white hat with blue and red ribbons...and a few with fuschia and fluo bobs... it would have been hard to choose which was the worst ). Most of the supporters were what the French call "bofs" (i watched the two first matches with a French friend and he was like "ashamed" of his representants! ). And you said yourself that tennis is not a major sport in Russia (it's not as if it was a hockey, football match or something...i heard they tend to be very hot atmospheres for those in Russia) so it was pretty well knowing that. But thank you very much for your reports! It seems you had a great time!

Last edited by delsa : 07-20-2005 at 09:03 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 PM   #96
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

*wow ça gaze ce soir! *

Well, I don't think there's a great atmopshere in Moscow, davis cup, fed cup etc...without Boris, we wouldn't have heard the russian supporters ! lol
I agree with you, delsa it's always the same songs, the "kitchissime " hats and shirts, it's very franchouillard, but...ça a le mérite to exist at least, I think there is nothing worse than an empty stadium, it's cold and sad.

Guy Forget
Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 PM   #97
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
*wow ça gaze ce soir! *

Well, I don't think there's a great atmopshere in Moscow, davis cup, fed cup etc...without Boris, we wouldn't have heard the russian supporters ! lol
I agree with you, delsa it's always the same songs, the "kitchissime " hats and shirts, it's very franchouillard, but...ça a le mérite to exist at least, I think there is nothing worse than an empty stadium, it's cold and sad.
Don't get me wrong! There was a time when they were perfect and they still are sometimes (mostly when a tie is played in France... I'am looking forward to the Fed Cup final in Roland-Garros...) but lately the passion and the "fire" weren't there anymore... i hope it'll come back!
And please don't exagerate! There was a great atmosphere in Moscow (at times...)!
I must admit i did it to conter-balance a little bit the talks here because i'm fed up with everybody in this thread criticizing the Russian supporters. I think it's easy, low and not fair-play..."Let's share the love!"
I love it when you mix English and French in your sentences (ieg.: "ça a le mérite to exist at least...") ! That gives you a special style and that's very funny!

Last edited by delsa : 08-27-2005 at 10:10 AM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 PM   #98
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Don't get me wrong! There was a time when they were perfect and they still are sometimes (mostly when a tie is played in France... I'am looking forward to the Fed Cup final in Roland-Garros...) but lately the passion and the "fire" weren't there anymore... i hope it'll come back!
I love it when you mix English and French in your sentences (ieg.: "ça a le mérite to exist at least...") ! That gives you a special style and that's very funny!
ughhh tu as pu remarqué mon super niveau d'anglais...donc disons que cette mixure est bien souvent nécessaire hélas lol
*ça craint, je sais*

Guy Forget
Old 07-20-2005, 10:59 PM   #99
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

wow irina........ what an experience i love that bit about petit arnaud surrounded by huge guards, and he even shook hands with you (you know if you had given him a hug and a kiss, maybe he wouldn't have refused? hehe)
Old 07-22-2005, 06:30 PM   #100
country flag Hangdog

Part III.
I become French.

The 17th of July. In the morning I discussed (using the phone) with my friends where we can meet and left the home in the right time. But already in subway I met a company of frenchies who were happy to meet me because they had some problems with the right way to the stadium. So we went on place together, they took me with themselves again and found me a good place on their tribune. My friends were a little bit late but they gave me their club T-shirt + French make up again + my own French flag = I wasn’t a stranger, became also almost French. When the players came in, some reporters, French as I understood, stopped Arnaud et Micka, who came the last, and asked them from some questions or something other maybe for long enough time.

And then the first - Richard’s - match started. Richard did everything on court, supporters did everything on tribunes… Even some magical things! That looked very nice! At least Richard won a set.

But finally he lost and the most of frenchies from court left their places very fast. I also left French tribune and went to my one for to go then to VIP zone and meet there somebody. I spent there all the break between the matches but met only Russian players. When I returned to tribune I almost bumped into Arnaud who run with Mickael to court – they were late again. I wished them bonne chance, got “merci” from Arnaud and also run to my place on French tribune. The last match was Paulo – Andreev. And that looked like Paulo was the most favorite player of French supporters. During this match (or perhaps the previous one, I’m not sure now) the French reporter came into our tribune and got an interview of one of the main supporters (who began all the songs, shouting in his megaphone). But all the efforts of French crowd helped Paulo to win just some sets… On the bench of French players the most nervous was Llodra, who left the court during every pause between sets –together with Arnaud.

I think the atmosphere on French tribune during the last match was especially fantastic. And when everything finished I really felt myself French… I remembered that I’m Russian only when one woman asked me how I feel Russian victory. The only my feeling was that we lost… All the supporters of French team stayed on their place, I had also no reasons to leave the tribune so stayed with them. The players went out. The only of them who stopped near our tribune and applauded to us was Arnaud… Soon everybody left the stadium except us. I didn’t know what we’re waiting for but didn’t want to ask. Finally guards came and leaded us to VIP zone where there were tables with meal and drinks for us (for free). We were there for 15 – 20 minutes and then Gael and Richard came to us. Photos, autographs etc… 20 minutes later Paulo also came to us. So my flag became signed by the members of the team. Except Grosjean.

By the way, the most free and talkative was Gael (well, nothing strange….), Richard and Paulo were very confused and felt themselves little bit uncomfortable. After all, the supporters organized a nice game. Soon the players loved that game also.

But finally les gars went out (I asked fans why we hadn’t seen Arnaud, Mickael and Guy Forget – they answered it was maybe because they were going to fly to France that day). We get some affiches of the tournament, my friends presented me a tennis ball. Yeah, with “Rolland Garros” words on it. If they got it from players or from somewhere else… I’m not sure. So we were also going to the exit. But we spent the time of our way very nice also, especially in the subway – waving the flags, singing, dancing…
Absolutely crazy. Anyway I’d perhaps never have a chance to sing Marseillaise in Moscow subway again… But all the songs and events of those days are still in my mind.

Nicolas Devilder

Last edited by Hangdog : 07-22-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:54 PM   #101
country flag Marine

Merci again Irina ! lol

I can't understand how the supporters can "celebrate" such a big loss like that...it looks like a win's celebration

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 07-22-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #102
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog
During this match (or perhaps the previous one, I’m not sure now) the French reporter came into our tribune and got an interview of one of the main supporters (who began all the songs, shouting in his megaphone).
I remember this moment, it's our famous "Nelson national" who interviewed the guy with the megaphone
He asked him for shouting something to the french tvspectators... lol

Guy Forget
Old 07-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #103
country flag sphaerena

sphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond reputesphaerena has a reputation beyond repute

You were in the subway Irina??? i must have seen you.... ; ) yes it was absolutely crazy ( like the russian girl who can't help to yelled ! lol). It's always the same with the french supporters, we are happy even we lost, it's more easy to accept the loss like this i think
and after it's such great memories! But there, all the russians in the subway must have thought we were crazy ( so we are at least a little ) the way they look at us.
it was an unforgattable week end, i have the impression to be in an other world in moscou.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #104
country flag Via

what an impressive report, irina!!!!

i had no idea that french team supporters had so much privilege... (free food??? ) and get to party too, even with a loss. can you imagine how they partied when they won in melbourne????

irina you'll get seb to sign that flag one day, of course
Old 07-23-2005, 03:39 AM   #105
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic report, Irina!! thank you so much!! Loved how you did report by photos type thing too hehe. Sounded like an amazing experience!