DC france v russia - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #16
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC france v russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via
for the french, though guy won't admit it, the biggest risk is actually their highest ranked dc debutant... richard. dc is a different game, and he is untested... it's hard to predict how he'll play. and guy hasn't worked with him before, has he?
Do you think it will do like for Paulo in 2002?
Thinking of it that way, it looks indeed very risky to push a debutant against the Russian team... and the one he's supposed to rely on because he'll be the other playing the singles apparently is no other than...Paulo himself...
If he wants advice, confort, experience etc...and everything i hope Arnaud will take care of it because Paulo... He's the oldest player of the team anyway...

No, he hasn't worked with Guy before... Does it matter a lot?

Last edited by delsa : 07-08-2005 at 05:16 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #17
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

All your comments make me nervous
But don't forget that it's only a quarter. It's not like in 2002 with all the pressure of the final on Paulo's shoulder. Even if they lose, it won't be that dramatic.
I am pretty convinced that Paulo can beat either Andreev, Davydenko or Youzhny (i know that the H2H record 3-0 is not in favour of Paulo against Youznhy but he can play so well on clay that i believe in him ) And it's a DC so with the support of Guy and the team he can do it.

I don't really know what will be the impact of the russian crowd over this encounter though.
But what makes me nervous the most is Richard's physique. He has never won a 5 sets match. And we all know that DC matches can become real marathons. But we should trust him. He has such talents that he can make great things.
Btw, they have to do their best. With a good attitude and no mental breakdown of the french, it can be a great match.
Then it will depend on the Russian.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #18
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
All your comments make me nervous
But don't forget that it's only a quarter. It's not like in 2002 with all the pressure of the final on Paulo's shoulder. Even if they lose, it won't be that dramatic.
True. That's why it's important that Richard make his debuts now. It's the perfect moment (abroad, only a QF etc...). After, it would have been too risky.

Quote:
I don't really know what will be the impact of the russian crowd over this encounter though.
Why do you say that?

Quote:
But what makes me nervous the most is Richard's physique. He has never won a 5 sets match. And we all know that DC matches can become real marathons.
Yeah.That is the most concerning . Maybe he'll win the first 5 sets match of his carreer there and that will give him a lot of confidence... (...it's called positivism... )
Old 07-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #19
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe he'll win the first 5 sets match of his carreer there and that will give him a lot of confidence... (...it's called positivism... )
Sooner or later he will have to win his 1st 5-set match... and why not this up coming weekend!
Old 07-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #20
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Why do you say that?
Cos I've never seen any matches played in Russia with a very "living" crowd. In fact I have never seen any full crowded stadium for tennis there.
But I may be wrong.

Ome, your avatar is brilliant
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #21
country flag delsa

Quote:
Cos I've never seen any matches played in Russia with a very "living" crowd. In fact I have never seen any full crowded stadium for tennis there.
But I may be wrong.
It was depressing at the beginning of the final phase of the Fed Cup in Moscow last year but then it got better match after match and for the last deciding doubles match between Russia and France the atmosphere was ok and even great at times...
I think they'll be passionate about the Davis Cup. And even if they weren't "lively" there will only be 120 French supporters from the ASEFT (too far, too expensive...) plus maybe some others who will have made the trip alone or who live there with them so we'll still hear and see more the Russian crowd than the little group of French supporters...

Last edited by delsa : 07-10-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #22
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ome, your avatar is brilliant
I spent quite sometimes doing it especially for Paulo...
He needs something extra against Russia
Old 07-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #23
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
we'll still hear and see more the Russian crowd than the little group of French supporters...
Not sure at all.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #24
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
Not sure at all.
Well, maybe not if you're on site, in the Olympic Stadium but for us (i assume you don't make te trip...) in front of our tv if it's like the last time when the realisator behind the camera was Russian (not a critic just a fact...)...
I fear it will be that way (lots of Boris Yeltsin and 'Kafel', lots of Russian supporters, lots of Russian players, very few images of the French girls' disappointment etc..., remember? if you even followed the Fed cup final?)... So... Let's wait and see...

Last edited by delsa : 07-11-2005 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #25
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

According to some news (but non-official) from Russain sites yesterday, on July 10th, French team had to come to Moscow. And today, on July 11th, the capitain Schamil Tarpischev's going to decide "the Davydenko question".

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:07 AM   #26
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog
According to some news (but non-official) from Russain sites yesterday, on July 10th, French team had to come to Moscow. And today, on July 11th, the capitain Schamil Tarpischev's going to decide "the Davydenko question".
Thank you very much.
Do you think Davydenko will finally play? Is he ok? I don't know why but i think he will... Just a feeling...
It will be a better match-up if he plays (and is close to being 100%... if not maybe he shouldn't...) because he's really a great player on clay...It would be more exciting to have him...
Will Tarpischev decide alone?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #27
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

I can't answer to all your questions right now. Can tell next: one girl's been today on training of Russians. She's seen Davydenko and Andreev, who played together... So I guess Nicolay is in the team - you're right.

Nicolas Devilder

Old 07-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #28
country flag Hangdog

Oki. Now I try to tell something more.

1. About Davydenko. Hmm... Russian is my mother tongue and the article is in Russian, but I didn't get the main idea of it: why he is going to play DC when he's still injured . Selflessness? Then it's able to be really dangerous. So:

Davydenko Prepares Himself to Davis Cup

Dispite of injure of the wrist russian tennisplayer Nicolay Davydenko's going to play in Quaterfinal of DC tie against French team. The captain of Russian team Schamil Tarpishev told about that in exclusive interview to RIA "News" on Monday. According his words on Monday Davydenko had a midical checkup that said the injury of his hard is still not recovered. "During the checkup doctors had questions about the health of Davydenko, said Tarpishev. In principle, he tries to train and we'll help him".

So Tarpishev hopes for Nicolay.

2. About DC tactics. I've found some moments of Monday's Tarpishev's radio interview. His "secret plan" is to put Andreev to singels, doubles and everywhere... - to almost all the matches... And he also concentrates not on "how to win" but on "how don't lose".

3. About the "full crowded stadium" and russian supporters. Firstly about the stadium. Sport Complex (SC) "Olimpical" is not the best place (that opinion is of people who live in Moscow and visit all tennis matches) for to watch tennis because all the places except VIP's are too far from the court. Anyway it's very hospitable thing to choose clay for the court surface, isn't it? Although they were going to prepare some "special" clay... Ok, about people. Tennis is not the most popular sport in Russia, it's even not in top5 or... somewhere on 5th place maybe. So there's no special culture of support. That's a little bit difficult question why russians come to tennis but many of them come not for to "voice support" of the team. But when somebody begins to shout "Davai Rossia!" the crowd becomes more noisy... So the advantage of fans who comes from rival-country is that they're more ready for to support their team. For example, when I watched for about 5 minutes of Fed Cup - some days ago - I heard only "U-S-A! U-S-A!" and saw only USA's fans with the national attributes.

P.S.
Quote:
But what makes me nervous the most is Richard's physique. He has never won a 5 sets match.
I'd be more calm and sure in the victory even if France puts Arnaud for singles match. But Richard... Anyway it'll be interesting to watch what he can do.

Nicolas Devilder

Last edited by Hangdog : 07-12-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #29
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

ARRIVÉS à Moscou dimanche, en début de soirée, les Français ont découvert hier matin le stade olympique et les deux courts en terre battue aménagés pour une double occasion : la demi-finale de Fed Cup Russie -États-Unis du week-end dernier et le quart de finale de Coupe Davis à venir. Leur verdict est mitigé : s’ils jugent la vitesse du terrain « intermédiaire », tous relèvent également une quantité appréciable de faux rebonds. Si la matinée fut consacrée au simple (Gasquet-Mathieu d’un côté ; Clément-Llodra-Monfils de l’autre), l’après-midi fut plus particulièrement axé sur le double. Avec un roulement de partenaires, puisque Llodra débuta la séance aux côtés de Clément, avant de faire équipe avec Gasquet. « On a commencé à travailler le double un peu plus tôt que d’habitude, expliquait Guy Forget, le capitaine de l’équipe de France. On le bosse tous les jours depuis le début du stage. Je ne crois pas qu’il constituera un point plus décisif que lors des rencontres précédentes. Si chacun joue à son meilleur niveau, chaque match est “gagnable”. Mais je crois que l’apport de Richard (Gasquet) peut être intéressant. Avec lui, sur le papier, on a vraiment trois joueurs de double disponibles. »

Après une heure et demie d’entraînement, Clément et Llodra furent ainsi conviés par Patrice Hagelauer à tester leurs cuisses sur une série de volées basses jouées le nez dans la terre battue. Mais les grimaces furent rapidement remplacées par les éclats de rire nés des facéties fomentées par un Llodra déjà surexcité. Alors que Forget s’occupait, en solo, de Monfils, sur le court secondaire, « Mika » se lança en effet dans une course aux paris. Le premier ne dura que quelques secondes : sommé de toucher une cible dans le carré de service avec un maximum de trois balles, le Parisien frappa dans le mille dès la première ! Le tour du central à cloche-pied, promis en cas d’échec, attendra un autre jour.

Moral et physique au beau fixe (seul Mathieu souffrit quelque peu de la hanche en fin de semaine, « parce qu’il faut bien réhabituer son organisme à la terre battue, et notamment aux glissades », précisait Forget), les joueurs français retrouveront le stade olympique aujourd’hui pour deux nouvelles séances d’entraînement : la première, de 9 heures à 10 h 45 ; la seconde, de 14 heures à 16 h 30. Entre-temps, puis en fin d’après-midi, les Russes occuperont les lieux. Avec Nikolay Davydenko en figure de proue, puisque le demi-finaliste de Roland-Garros semble bel et bien apte à tenir sa place. Hier après-midi, sous l’œil de son « team » et de son frère Eduard, il colla même une rouste mémorable à son coéquipier Igor Andreev. Les douleurs ressenties depuis plusieurs semaines au poignet droit semblent appartenir à l’histoire ancienne.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #30
country flag Hangdog

Merci beacoupt for this very interesting article Marine. Hmm... Can I also put here some articles in Russian?
Today it's been press conference. Nothing really new. Davydenko's still not ok with his hand but he's going to play the whole match on Friday. 20-years old Teimuraz is champion of Russia - 2004...
Both captains have said that they have their own tactics and some time to decide who will play in singles. Richard's very happy that he can play in team of his country, he likes the city and the stadium and think that he'll have really interesting and intense match. Paulo's said that he's not afraid of Youzhny and so has no psychological problems . About court Micka, who has been a little bit nervous (about the balls and surface) during the training, has said that frenchies're get used to great clay of RG and it won't be so easy for them to play on this russian strange clay. "But we have no choice, we need play". Arnaud... !!!! He's come to the press conference with "scalp lock" (why there's always no photos on russian sites?!... ) on his hairs And he's said that this his hair style means that the team is ready for battles - and the symbol of that is Gallic rooster. And Forget has said that Russia without Safin maybe is not a concrete favorite of this tie but really dangerous and strong team. And he's also addes then that he thinks, Grosjean regrets about his dicision I imagine...
So tomorrow the players have training day. And the sortition of match is in 1pm om Thursday.
http://www.rtr-sport.ru/p/b_84180.jpg - the only photo I've found. But I'm going to watch sport news on TV and maybe I'll get some caps then if it'll be something interesting.

Some other news, non-official (but from people who's been in the press conference).
After the press conference finished all frenchies've gone out, but journalists've stopped him and asked a hundreds of questions. Poor Richi was so surprised.
And about our special Arnaud. After the words about his new hair style is symbol of rooster he added: "Really I like very much this feeling: when you put gel on your hairs and begin to create something on your head, even don't know what the final result will be". Somebody then told that frenchies were lost to the press conference not because of traffic jams but because of Arnaud whom they can't pull away from mirrow...
P.S. I also will be in Moscow since 14th July. But that doesn't mean that I'll be in DC. But despite of everything I'm going to.

Nicolas Devilder