Player forums questions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Player forums questions

things i have to ask

why is it mr andrew murray who has played a whoel 3 professional tournaments gets his own forum whilst people like malisse are still stuck with threads and no forums and i know i am not the only person who has asked for a xavi forum before.

and much more importantly

why do some forums have mods and not others, please do not say to stop trolls etc coz this is not the case coz the smaller forums actually have more troll trouble than the big ones coz people who go and try and troll in forums like andys get shouted down very quickly and yet they get a mod whereas the small forums where the trolls can't get run out of town as it were as stuck with the problems at they have no mods.
it just seems to me that either every forum (including the new and little ones) should have mods or none at all!

as for stickies and things that mods can do it would make sense for someone to have the power to do this is ALL player forums no?
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
country flag -SaFiinsBabY-

-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute-SaFiinsBabY- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player forums questions

I really wanted the same to write only in another thread ...

Why is there an Andrew Murray Forum ... and not one for Jürgen Melzer ...
I have nothing against Andrew Murray but I don't get it ...
I also agree with the Xavier Malisse Forum ... it's a bit like that with Jürgen Melzer ... both need an own Forum ... please ...

-SaFiinsBabY- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:21 AM   #3
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Éowyn
things i have to ask

why is it mr andrew murray who has played a whoel 3 professional tournaments gets his own forum whilst people like malisse are still stuck with threads and no forums and i know i am not the only person who has asked for a xavi forum before.
I don't know what is the exact guideline, "formula", policy or the final trigger for the admins to create an own player forum, but I can imagine

- that they're looking at the amount of people who support a request
- that they investigate a bit how many of these people who supported that request are really posting in this player's threads so far
- that they will look at how many action is in a player's cheering thread or how many threads with how many responses about a player already exist in that relevant country section

I guess things like that. And as for the Murray vs Malisse comparison, I don't think it matters much how many tournaments or how high ranked a player is. Deciding should be the amount active support and magnitude (by posting/talking/discussing...) of fans. It would make not much sense adding a new player subforum which could easily become a mortuary after some time because it's so quiet in there (just watch Costa's (okay he was/is injured a lot, but generally not much action about him) or Srichaphan's forum to get what I mean). And last but not least, while Murray isn't ranked very high yet, he seems to be a great or an at least above average prospect for the upcoming future.

However, I agree with you that there is not complete justice when deciding that. But I'm sure you also have to agree with me that there have been already better times than installing a Malisse forum right now with his cheering thread down to posted the last time in February and not too much action about him in the respective tournament threads either because he was just coming back from suspension.

Quote:
as for stickies and things that mods can do it would make sense for someone to have the power to do this is ALL player forums no?
You mean one moderator for each forum or ONE person that is able to create stickies for all forums?

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 07-06-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

as in one person for each player forum! it is unfair on those forums who don't have one and who do get trolls etc hell even robbys forum has been hit with trolls and insults we're still a baby forum. it just seems to me that it should be one rule for all not one rule for the big players and sod all for the little players! esp as themajority of my players are the little players.

as for xavis thread i can tell you the reason most people haven't posted in it is coz he has been blatantly ignored here and ALOT of people have transferred to other forums to post about him coz it is ridiculous what people do here. an di was using xavi as a example there are MANY players who have this exact same problem who are more than worthy of a forum of their own.
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 07-06-2005, 02:05 PM   #5
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you reported the troll posts in Robby's forum. There is a usually a very low tolerance level if there is trolling on a player's own forum and if things like that are reported, it can be normally dealt with very quickly, depending on which mod (JazzGirl, me) or admin (Amanda, Gravity) sees it first.

As long as there are no more player forum umpires which is the decision of the admins to recruite them, this is the only way to deal with it if it annoys you that much to want it deleted.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy

Last edited by Neely : 07-06-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, and you pointed earlier that you needed or wanted someone to have the power to make stickies in different forums. Well, Neely and I can do that, so if anyone needs a sticky, just let us know and we will help you out.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 06:01 PM   #7
country flag Jogy

Jogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond reputeJogy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Eowyn, you want for neraly every player?
Where is difference to write message in thread in the country forum or in a subforum for a player?

Malisse a forum? Malisse has not many postings in Belgium forum. And now fans left because HE ONLY HAS NO FORUM??? I asking you now: what is more ridiculos?? fans that are leaving place because player has no own forum or because administrators did not make a new forum for him (because not much interest and it never asked).

Stepenak is top 20 player by long time, but why does Stepanek not get a forum? Because the girls doesn't like him enough because he is not cute enough for most. Almost nobody is supporting him, he does not need a forum

Same with many others players. Because 6 consistently fans are not much, no forum and good that way.

Even Luczak that I like do not deserve forum (because not many people write about him).

RAFA owns Fedclown ~~~ H2H record 14-7 -- ~~~ 3 different GS finals included
Byebye Fedjerk, your dominance period is over! Nadal will win like 10 more Slams!

Zero tolerance against dopers!
Jogy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
country flag gravity

gravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond reputegravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
I don't know what is the exact guideline, "formula", policy or the final trigger for the admins to create an own player forum, but I can imagine

- that they're looking at the amount of people who support a request
- that they investigate a bit how many of these people who supported that request are really posting in this player's threads so far
- that they will look at how many action is in a player's cheering thread or how many threads with how many responses about a player already exist in that relevant country section
That's pretty much a perfect summary of how the decisions are taken when honouring requests for new player forums.

Pies Descalzos Foundation
gravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:59 AM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I can only speak from our experience at the Andy forum but it seems to me like any forum can choose to get a moderator. We had a poll and it was overwhelming in favor, Then someone volunteered to collect votes and informed Amanda of the results. And now I am the moderator.

I don't remember seeing any trolls in Robby's forum, but whatever. there are few enough people posting there that picking a moderator should be relatively easy, and from my own experience with reporting posts and whatnot, all the admins and moderators are very helpful and responsive.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:18 AM   #10
country flag Éowyn

in my experience every complaint ever has been ignored and they've been reported with posts, using the report option and pm's which of course were also ignored i still have unread pms from last october to the mods

and jogy no i don't thinkit's at all pathetic that the xavi fans decide dto leave and make a forum of their own for him infact i think it was a great move on their behalf as their pleas were ignored
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 07-14-2005, 03:48 PM   #11
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in my experience every complaint ever has been ignored and they've been reported with posts, using the report option and pm's which of course were also ignored i still have unread pms from last october to the mods
Being a moderator myself now, I can only comment on what I do and what I have experienced on this board. When I get a reported post, I look at it and carefully think about what to do. So perhaps the posts that were reported at the Robby forum were determined by the admins to be acceptable and not needing to be deleted. Again, I do not recall anything particularly bad in the Robby forum, not one thing at all.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #12
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Every reported post is evaluated by all of us, and it's deleted if it's necessary. When we don't know what to do, we discuss it among us and make a decission. Nothing is ignored. If the reported post was not deleted it was because we didn't think that was the right thing to do.
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #13
country flag Nathy

Nathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't seen it yet, I asked for an own forum for Stanislas Wawrinka (here http://www.menstennisforums.com/sho...469#post1978469 ). But I read this thread so I think there is no chance that we'll get an own forum for Stanislas Wawrinka, right?

Just wanted to tell my opinion: Andrew Murray (who I appreciate) may be the next big thing okay. But not for sure... I know you don't care about rankings or so but juste for comparison:

Stanislas Wawrinka: rank 55 ATP Entry List and reached an ATP Tournament Final this year! He also passed 2 rounds at the FO and pushed Mariano Puerta (RU at the FO, lost to Nadal) into a tough 5 setters match (Stan would have won it if he didn't have to pass the quallies btw...)

Andrew Murray: ranked 205 ATP Entry List and no highlight this year (passed 2 Rounds at the Queen's which isn't a GS and okay 2 Rounds in Wimby)

So just tell me if there's any chance to see this forum or not? Thanks

Novak Djokovic | Lleyton Hewitt | Fernando Verdasco

Seat #3 on The Federer Express
Nathy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #14
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Nathy

Ok, just want to ask you admin & mod, how long will the decision made if the forum can be approved or not since it was applied?

i don't have much hope for Stan's forum after reading Neely's post (though I think he deserves the forum more than Murray), but if it is already disqualified, please tell us openly instead of making us wait permanently and still keeping the tiny hope. Thanks.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:32 PM   #15
country flag Neely
-

Nathy, I hope the admin(s) has/have seen it. ONLY one of them can make the necessary changes, nobody else. Amanda is often very busy and Gravity was not seen for almost two weeks now. I hope he is well!

So far, until a decision is made or in worst case no decision at all or a negative one, feel free to post as much as you like about Wawrinka or create additional threads (can be moved later to his own subforum when he gets it) for tournaments if you need them and if you expect them as necessary.

Please don't feel offended in any way because Wawrinka has no forum yet and other players such as the mentioned Murray already have. What counts is the support of you for him and it doesn't increase or decrease upon where you are posting; if own subforum or Swiss general forum..

I hope your request will be processed soon and considering the amount of fans' attention and activity he is drawing I personally would rate the chances for that quite high.

Last edited by Neely : 07-17-2005 at 02:42 PM.