India General Elections 2014 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #46
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India General Elections 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Well, let's leave the OP's agrendas out of our discussion.

As you said, socio-economic problems. The two are connected. Many of the issues you mentioned are still prevalent even in urban India(as you point out), but it is undeniable that the severity of the issues is much much lesser than that in rural India. Economic growth helps in "urabanizing" rural India, which indirectly will help with the "real issues" that you mention.

I think you are mistaking economic development with infrastructural. The former includes the latter, but is not limited to that. It includes a lot about policies on encouraging business, foreign investments, trade, agriculture, creating SEZs etc. All points in which Modi has made a big difference during his period as Chief Minister(CM) of the state of Gujarat. An important example of which is that Gujarat now has the highest foreign investments of India(between 15-25% of the total, depending on the way you look at it).

Also, infrastructural growth is not limited to bridges and glass buildings in the big cities. It includes making roads for easy access in and out of the rural parts. (A past non-Modi example: Easy road access between Mumbai and Pune played a big role in making Pune into the flourishing city that it is now). Infrastructural growth is what facilitates bringing water and electricity to parts of India which doesn't have it. So, yes, this is extremely important and should be a first priority. Important examples of Modi in Gujarat woth mentioning is the Can-top solar power plant, something that generates solar energy while preventing evaporation of very important rivers; Gujarat has the infrastructure to provide E-services to rural parts, both of which are the only ones of its kind in India. Things like this on a national level will go a long way in solving all the problems you mention.

Modi-critics will say that Gujarat is lacking in so many areas(and many of their points are very true), but (irrespective of his stance on far-right Hindutva) nobody can deny that he got very important things done. And India needs someone like that.
Thanks for going into the great details here. My worry is exactly the bolded bit there - he attracts zealots and fanatics who are actually less concerned about the economic model he proposes but are mostly excited that someone with a radical, intolerant stance (as previously exemplified at the riots in 2001) is now their leader and will 'deliver' them from the 'scum'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonball Pusher View Post
Yeah, we're quaking in our boots.
OP's a deluded fanatic!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #47
country flag Bhārata Satvan

Bhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My bad. Guess you were just calling them scum and praising violence against them. "Eliminate" does not involve any violence, right? And please enlighten me, who exactly fall under this "anti dharmic scum"?

Illegal immigrants is not a matter of religion.
WTF How many hindus are crossing borders to live in Pakistan or Bangladesh illegally?

Elimination of illegal muslims residents in India and "anti dharmic scum" are people who are constantly weakening Hinduism. Needless to talk about who they are as you know very well yourself.

But Pratik, I don't know whether you are still a Hindu or have converted to some other religion but remember that if this is the attitude of average Hindu in India, it is our sons and daughters who are going to suffer. We might somehow escape with okay-ish lives and leave this world in this "secular" mess but next generation is going to suffer in the hands of the muslim majority.

I asked you a very specific question at the beginning which you skipped very conveniently. Show me one country with at least 30% muslim population which is Secular.

The western package of democracy+secularism+equality is a big fat lie. West and in particular the USA committed a suicide of it and they now want every country to face the same state.

USA which preaches the world is a victim of racism, regionalism, security threats etc. Their theories are no good in reality. There cannot be anything worse than being sold on a failed practice.

I have full confidence that Dharma will be restored in India.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #48
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Bharata Satvan is a barrel of laughs. An anachronism whose time has come.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #49
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhārata Satvan View Post
WTF How many hindus are crossing borders to live in Pakistan or Bangladesh illegally?

Elimination of illegal muslims residents in India and "anti dharmic scum" are people who are constantly weakening Hinduism. Needless to talk about who they are as you know very well yourself.
Illegal crossing of borders happens when people on one side think that they can live a better life on the other. It should be obvious that this would happen predominantly in one direction and both ways. So, yes, it is not religion based. Does your hatred extend to the illegal Hindus and Sikhs from Pakistan and the Buddhists from Burma(doesn't matter that they are much smaller in number)? I guess not. Why are you tolerant of Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists, but not of average Muslims?

Quote:
We might somehow escape with okay-ish lives and leave this world in this "secular" mess but next generation is going to suffer in the hands of the muslim majority.
What Muslim majority are you harping on about? As I mentioned before, despite the huge growth of Muslim population in India, they are 15% of our population. 15. That's far from a majority

Quote:
I asked you a very specific question at the beginning which you skipped very conveniently. Show me one country with at least 30% muslim population which is Secular.
I did answer it, which you would have known had you bothered reading:

Quote:
Quote:
The western package of democracy+secularism+equality is a big fat lie. West and in particular the USA committed a suicide of it and they now want every country to face the same state.

USA which preaches the world is a victim of racism, regionalism, security threats etc. Their theories are no good in reality. There cannot be anything worse than being sold on a failed practice.
So what? You are the one constantly making comparisons with the west, not me. In fact, I am against westernization. Development can happen without striving to be like the west. Religious tolerance, however, is not a western concept. As discussed earlier, it is something that existed in the times of the Guptas and the Mauryas. Your anti-Islam sentiment is much closer to what is practiced in some western countries(especially US) than anything I have said.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #50
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys gonna bother fishing all the dead bodies out of the Ganges or are you still gonna let your country devolve in filth?

Federer - Isner - Tsonga - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Cilic - Sock - Thiem
Tennis disgraces: Nadal, Ferrer, Fognini

Fantasy Tennis Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #51
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Thanks for going into the great details here. My worry is exactly the bolded bit there - he attracts zealots and fanatics who are actually less concerned about the economic model he proposes but are mostly excited that someone with a radical, intolerant stance (as previously exemplified at the riots in 2001) is now their leader and will 'deliver' them from the 'scum'.
That worry is definitely a genuine one, and is one shared by many Indians(including Hindus). There are many ways to try to rationalize that that is a matter of the past, but I won't get into those. All said and done, that is risk that India is taking as he is the best way forward for our nation.

Sounds far from a perfect situation, but it is exactly that.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:38 AM   #52
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well then you clearly haven't been following this thread. OP has been anti-secularism, pro-Hindu, anti-minortiy the entire time. His form of Hindu nationalism involves not just disrespect to other religions, but he wants to eliminate them from the country.
My Only and Main problem with the kind of Secularism the government preaches is that it is just concerned with appeasing all communities and doing minimum work on development, National Security,International Policies etc. Its main concern is to remain in Power by doing Vote Bank Politics.

I want a strong India, Militarily,economically,socially and in every aspect possible. And for that You need a Nationalist government, one who has pride in being Indian. DOnt give a Damn whether we were a Nation 500 600 Years Ago. But now we are a Nation and i want to do well.. Also i have in Mind the Likes of Mega Emperors like Vikramiditya,Chandragupta Maurya who literally ruled the World when the Europeans were running Naked in Jungles and eating Raw Meat. I want that Glory Back and the only way is to elect a Nationalist Government instead of a Government which is hell bent on pleasing ALl rather than Move Forward.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:12 AM   #53

Bhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Illegal crossing of borders happens when people on one side think that they can live a better life on the other. It should be obvious that this would happen predominantly in one direction and both ways. So, yes, it is not religion based. Does your hatred extend to the illegal Hindus and Sikhs from Pakistan and the Buddhists from Burma(doesn't matter that they are much smaller in number)? I guess not. Why are you tolerant of Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists, but not of average Muslims?

What Muslim majority are you harping on about? As I mentioned before, despite the huge growth of Muslim population in India, they are 15% of our population. 15. That's far from a majority

I did answer it, which you would have known had you bothered reading:

So what? You are the one constantly making comparisons with the west, not me. In fact, I am against westernization. Development can happen without striving to be like the west. Religious tolerance, however, is not a western concept. As discussed earlier, it is something that existed in the times of the Guptas and the Mauryas. Your anti-Islam sentiment is much closer to what is practiced in some western countries(especially US) than anything I have said.
Dream on, brother. Dream on. Stay in your current state of sleep. You would remember my words tomorrow when your kids and grand kids search for protection in this "secular" country. Numbers don't portray the correct picture. Muslims may be 20% only but they are all united to death unlike hindus who are divided from mainstream (like you) and embracing other cultures.

All I can say now is God save our country from "seculars" like you and Islam who are forming the real majority of the country today.

You are calling me anti-muslim, pro-hindu in my country for defending my culture and raising issues related to security of my culture. Great.

The western posters who posted in this thread are happy to see this trend of "secularism" from "hindus" like you.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #54

Quote:
Are you guys gonna bother fishing all the dead bodies out of the Ganges or are you still gonna let your country devolve in filth?
What is ganges? If you meant river Ganga, its filth is purer than the minds of westerners by a thousand times.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:07 AM   #55
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
My Only and Main problem with the kind of Secularism the government preaches is that it is just concerned with appeasing all communities and doing minimum work on development, National Security,International Policies etc. Its main concern is to remain in Power by doing Vote Bank Politics.

I want a strong India, Militarily,economically,socially and in every aspect possible. And for that You need a Nationalist government, one who has pride in being Indian. DOnt give a Damn whether we were a Nation 500 600 Years Ago. But now we are a Nation and i want to do well.. Also i have in Mind the Likes of Mega Emperors like Vikramiditya,Chandragupta Maurya who literally ruled the World when the Europeans were running Naked in Jungles and eating Raw Meat. I want that Glory Back and the only way is to elect a Nationalist Government instead of a Government which is hell bent on pleasing ALl rather than Move Forward.
I agree with everything in this post. Only my definition of nationalist is not the same as the OP's.

Anyway, getting back on topic, hope everyone voted.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #56
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is ganges? If you meant river Ganga, its filth is purer than the minds of westerners by a thousand times.
Yeah I'm sure. How is that massive pollution, corruption, and Muslim population working out for you?

Also, nice military, based on cheap Soviet junk.

Federer - Isner - Tsonga - Gulbis - Dimitrov - Cilic - Sock - Thiem
Tennis disgraces: Nadal, Ferrer, Fognini

Fantasy Tennis Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Thank You Rafa.... Thank You For Everything, I Owe My Entire Life To You Rafa, You Are My God You Are My God You Are My God, My Life Is Blessed Now That You Inhibit This Earth, Thanks Rafa
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #57
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure. How is that massive pollution, corruption, and Muslim population working out for you?

Also, nice military, based on cheap Soviet junk.
Man on Man Indian Army is better than the Most.Its Bravery and Valour is what everybody aspires to. Remember The Worlds most Ancient Martial Arts was in India. But Technology and Infra is where we suck at..
Old 05-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #58
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Quote:
I agree with everything in this post. Only my definition of nationalist is not the same as the OP's.

Anyway, getting back on topic, hope everyone voted.
Most of my Family members name was "Mysteriously" deleted from the Electoral Role.

If everybody with Right Mind Votes in India and there is no foul Practice in Counting, Congress would have no existence in this country.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #59
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feed this troll no more.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #60
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Most of my Family members name was "Mysteriously" deleted from the Electoral Role.

If everybody with Right Mind Votes in India and there is no foul Practice in Counting, Congress would have no existence in this country.
Yeah, I heard that happened a lot in Mumbai too. Surprisingly, it even happened to people who have voted before, who have had no change in address or anything. A first timers name missing would at least be understandable, but this is quite shocking.

There was some issue with an EVM in Pune. My aunt told me that irrespective of who you voted for, the vote went to congress.