World Team Tennis (July 4-24/September 16-17, 2005) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #1
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Team Tennis (July 4-24/September 16-17, 2005)

Schedule (Page 3)/Rosters (Page 4):
http://www.worldteamtennis.com/pdf/n...se%20FINAL.pdf

T.V. Schedule:
http://www.worldteamtennis.com/schedules/tv2005.asp

Rules:
http://www.worldteamtennis.com/about/glossary.asp

Last edited by smucav : 09-18-2005 at 05:57 PM.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
country flag NyGeL

NyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond reputeNyGeL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Team Tennis (July 4-24, 2005)

lol, fun tourny xD but why it's called World League if it's just played in USA :S I hate that... like the World Serie from Baseball... It's USA serie not world!!!!
NyGeL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you look at the list of players, there are many many many international players who play.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #4
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Team Standings:
http://www.worldteamtennis.com/sched...m_standing.asp

Player Standings:
http://www.worldteamtennis.com/pdf/player_standings.pdf

Female MVP: Elena Likhovtseva (Sacramento)
Male MVP: Mark Knowles (Sacramento)
Female Rookie of the Year: Katerina Bondarenko (Newport Beach)
Male Rookie of the Year: Rik de Voest (Springfield)
Coach of the Year: Wayne Bryan (Sacramento)

9/16-17/05: WTT Championship (Sacramento, CA)
Eastern Semifinals: (1) New York Sportimes v. (2) Boston Lobsters
Western Semifinals: (1) Sacramento Capitols v. (2) Newport Beach Breakers
Final: Eastern winner v. Western winner

Last edited by smucav : 09-18-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
country flag smucav

http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=7614
Quote:
New York Sportimes Wins WTT Title

New York Sportimes Win First World TeamTennis Title

Martina Hingis completed a near flawless weekend of tennis Saturday, leading the New York Sportimes to their first World TeamTennis championship at the WTT Finals presented by Advanta, defeating the defending WTT champions Newport Beach Breakers 21-18 (OT 3-1) in action at Allstate Stadium in Citrus Heights, Calif.

Hingis, who was named the Most Valuable Player of the championship weekend, did not lose one set in either Friday’s semifinal win over the Boston Lobsters or in the championship match against Newport Beach. She accounted for 15 of the Sportimes’ 21 points in Saturday’s championship. Hingis, who is completing her first season in WTT action, dropped only one set all season, losing to Hartford’s Meghann Shaughnessy in the Sportimes’ second match of the season.

“We worked hard all season to get ourselves into this position,” Hingis said after the match. “I was very happy to be part of this team and get them going. I knew when the guys lost the first set of doubles I had to step up and get us a lead.”

New York appeared to be cruising to an easy victory when Newport Beach’s Ramon Delgado took the final set, men’s singles, with a 5-3 win over Jeff Morrison, forcing the match into overtime. Delgado won three straight games in overtime to bring the match to 20-18, but Morrison finally prevailed in the four game of overtime to seal the victory and the championship for New York.

“I knew we had a lot of ground to make up going into the final set, but my first priority was to get us into overtime,” Delgado said. “I knew he might tighten up and when I won the first three games I thought we had a chance to win the match. I was playing one point at a time and having played overtime before, I knew that if I stuck with it, maybe we could come back. I guess we just came up a little short.”

Once the match got into overtime, there was little Hingis could do to help the team.

“It was so nerve-racking to watch when you can’t help out the team,” she said. “We were so happy when that final point was over.” Newport Beach opened the match with a convincing 5- 2 win in men’s doubles with Devin Bowen and Delgado overtaking New York’s Morrison and Rajeev Ram. In the second set, Hingis easily dispatched of Katerina Bondarenko 5-1 to put the Sportimes up one game leading into the mixed doubles.

New York captured the mixed doubles with Hingis and Ram ousting Anastassia Rodionova and Delgado, 5-2, then Hingis paired with Jenny Hopkins to win the women’s doubles over Newport Beach’s Bondarenko and Rodionova, 5-2.
9/16/05:
Eastern Conference Semifinal: New York Sportimes def. Boston Lobsters 25-7
Men’s Doubles: Jeff Morrison/Rajeev Ram (NYS) def. Thomas Blake/Johan Landsberg (BOS) 5-1
Women’s Doubles: Martina Hingis/Jenny Hopkins (NYS) def. Kristen Schlukebir/Martina Navratilova (BOS) 5-2
Men’s Singles: Jeff Morrison (NYS) def. Thomas Blake (BOS) 5-0
Mixed Doubles: Martina Hingis/Rajeev Ram (NYS) def. Martina Navratilova/Johan Landsberg (BOS) 5-2
Women’s Singles: Martina Hingis (NYS) def. Martina Navratilova (BOS) 5-2

Western Conference Semifinal: Newport Beach Breakers def. Sacramento Capitals 22-14
Mixed Doubles: Anastassia Rodionova/Ramon Delgado (NB) def. Elena Likhovtseva/Travis Parrott (SAC) 5-3
Women’s Singles: Katerina Bondarenko (NB) def. Nicole Vaidisova (SAC) 5-3
Men’s Singles: Ramon Delgado (NB) def. Sam Warburg (SAC) 5-2
Women’s Doubles: Elena Likhovtseva/Nicole Vaidisova (SAC) def. Katerina Bondarenko/Anastassia Rodionova (NB) 5-2
Men’s Doubles: Devin Bowen/Ramon Delgado (NB) def. Travis Parrott/Sam Warburg (SAC) 5-1

9/17/05:
WTT Championship: New York Sportimes def. Newport Beach Breakers 21–18 (OT 3-1)
Men’s Doubles: Devin Bowen/Ramon Delgado (NB) def. Jeff Morrison/Rajeev Ram (NYS) 5-2
Women’s Singles: Martina Hingis (NYS) def. Katerina Bondarenko (NB) 5-1
Mixed Doubles: Martina Hingis/Rajeev Ram (NYS) def. Anastassia Rodionova/Ramon Delgado (NB) 5-2
Women’s Doubles: Martina Hingis/Jenny Hopkins (NYS) def. Katerina Bondarenko/Anastassia Rodionova (NB) 5-2
Men’s Singles: Ramon Delgado (NB) def. Jeff Morrison (NY) 5-3 (OT 3-1)

WTT Finals MVP: Martina Hingis, New York Sportimes

Last edited by smucav : 09-18-2005 at 06:04 PM.